Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Grapeseed Oil

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grapeseed Oil  (Read 4059 times)

catwoman

Grapeseed Oil
« on: May 12, 2006, 03:07:30 PM »

:D I bought grapeseed oil today and one taste tells me it will be much better than ELOO and EVOO and Canola. 

GilbertZ

• DiamondRing.com
Re: Grapeseed Oil
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 01:55:14 AM »

:D I bought grapeseed oil today and one taste tells me it will be much better than ELOO and EVOO and Canola. 

Better how? Better tasting or better because it has less taste :) ?

Denise

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 10:08:47 AM »

It doesn't seem as heavy to me and seems to wash out of the mouth easier.

Average composition of Grape Seed Oil fatty acids
Common Name Acid Name Average Percentage Range
Omega-6 Linoleic acid 69 to 78%
Omega-9 Oleic acid 15 to 20%
Palmitic acid Hexadecanoic acid 5 to 11%
Stearic acid Octadecanoic acid 3 to 6%
Omega-3 A-Linolenic Acid 0.3 to 1%
Palmitoleic acid 9-Hexadecenoic acid 0.5 to 0.70%

"Grape seed oil is reputed to contain plentiful antioxidants, as well as to lower cholesterol levels. In a large survey published in 1993 in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology, Dr. Nash showed in a sample group of 56 men and women using up to 1.5 ounces (43 g) per day, an amount that one can cook with, grape seed oil had the ability to raise HDL levels by 13% and reduce LDL levels by 7% in just three weeks. The total cholesterol/HDL ratio was reduced 15.6% and the total LDL/HDL ratio was reduced by 15.3%, which could be significant for those at risk of heart attack." ~Wikipedia
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 10:20:01 AM by Denise »

bambam

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 11:37:09 AM »

I'm still a little worried about grapeseed oil (which I much prefer over ELOO but) because it has so much omega 6 and omega 6 in excess is not so good for you. Plus the benefits of monosaturated fats are so substantial.

[http://onhealth.webmd.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=56828]

But it's all good, in the end.

Denise

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 11:53:58 AM »

Yeah, I was kind of surprised at the Omega 6, but perhaps the best idea is what someone else posted somewhere about combining the ELOO and another oil such as grapeseed or canola.  ELOO alone caused me big gastric distress 2 out of 4 days.  Maybe I'll try that this evening.

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
    • http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 04:56:46 PM »

Yeah, I was kind of surprised at the Omega 6, but perhaps the best idea is what someone else posted somewhere about combining the ELOO and another oil such as grapeseed or canola.  ELOO alone caused me big gastric distress 2 out of 4 days.  Maybe I'll try that this evening.

I combine them, and it seems to work well, for what that is worth.

Denise

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 11:59:18 AM »

I combined them this morning and it worked fine, no problems.  I even think adding the ELOO helped more with appetite, but I'm hormonal so who knows.

porkypine

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 12:49:12 PM »

I'm not familiar with Omega 6 benefits or drawbacks, but to me Grapeseed Oil tastes MUCH less than ELOO. I just bought a bottle and will finish it, then probably switch to another oil to keep up variety.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18