Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
That last 10 lbs is brutal

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: That last 10 lbs is brutal  (Read 15292 times)

Sarah

That last 10 lbs is brutal
« on: May 12, 2006, 06:19:16 AM »

Hi all, I am one of the "early adopters" from last fall, jumped on the diet from September 11th til mid-November and lost almost all of my last 10 lbs.  Since then I've had trouble making the diet work, but I've learned some things.  I'm a compulsive overeater, and I think my years of eating too much and getting way too much emotional payoff from food have probably really intensified the calorie-flavor connection for me.  This makes it harder for the diet to work, especially since I am really good at eating when I'm not that hungry.  Now that I understand Seth's theory, some things are starting to make sense; like why I generally lose on the first week of any diet and then not after that - it's the change in what I was eating.  I have also lost weight (and my appetite) for more sustained periods during times in my life when I went cold turkey and gave up sugar. 
Here's what is working for me now.  1) oil for most of the day and sugar water in the late afternoon when I start to feel foggy.  I think switching between them helps me to not get too used to either one and start metabolizing it as real food.  2) crazy spicing is working beautifully.  I am pushing the envelope by spicing foods in unfamiliar, experimental, and sometimes not very yummy ways.  I am back to a state of "food indifference" that spells bliss, or at least easy dieting.  My big revelation is 3) giving up artificial sweeteners, specifically Splenda.  I had been relying on Splenda as my sugar methadone, until I realized I was climbing through every cabinet in the house trying to find the honey that I asked my husband to hide from me.  Hmmm, cravings?  Decided I'd bag the sweeteners, which I use too much of anyway, as part of my crazy spice / flavor variety experiment.  My calories have fallen to around 1000 each day and I'm now one of those hateful "Oh I forgot to eat" kind of people.  Ahhhh.  I was gone for a while, but now I'm back.

SFC

Re: That last 10 lbs is brutal
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 03:09:06 PM »

I would also suggest, for anyone who is plateau-ing or who has plateaued, trying the adding random spices to all (or most of your food) per the recommendation in the extra credit section of the book.  I had plateaued after 25 lbs, have less than 5 lbs to go and started the spice-thing last week.  Unbelievable, the effect has been probably more dramatic than my initial, very positive experience with the sugar water -- my appetite has plummeted and the amount of sugar water/oil I use/need has dropped in half.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18