Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Diarrhea after oil?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Diarrhea after oil?  (Read 11334 times)

mimir

Re: Diarrhea after oil?
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 04:55:14 PM »

Is anyone having the opposite problem? I've been constipated since I started. Probably because the decrease in food that I'm ingesting means a corresponding increase in water, although I'm trying to make a conscious effort to drink lots of water, and am drinking 24 oz. twice a day when I take the sugar.

Denise

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 09:59:39 PM »

No.

Day four and I had it again, very bad.

But I have to wonder.  If we don't have the enzymes, then how is the appetite suppression working?

I bought some grape seed and canola oils.  I'll see how that goes.  Oil can go rancid in glass or clear plastic.  You don't know if it's been exposed, which is why Udo uses brown containers.  But Udo's taste is too srtrong.  I'll see how the brand new oils do.

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 11:36:06 PM »

Denise, that is a good point. I've been told that in Italy, olive oil is used as a children's laxative. Surely Italian children had all the necessary enzymes. Maybe the laxative effect of olive oil depends on what you eat and a few people have diets that make it especially powerful that way. Italian parents adjust the dose based on experience.

Dixie_Amazon

• Using Coconut Oil
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2006, 03:05:52 AM »

Maybe you could try adding a digestive enzyme or papaya supplement.
Dennise with 2 n's

Kevin

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2006, 07:06:52 AM »

Adding a digestive enzyme supplement does seem to work for some people, although when I tried to take fish oil, it never seemed to make any difference for me.  I think it's worth a shot if you're determined to use the oil.

After reading Seth's post, I'm glad to know that the laxative effect of olive oil isn't just something idiosyncratic with my digestive system!

It makes me think of a Letterman show recently where chef Jamie Oliver was doing a cooking demonstration.  Both Letterman and Tom Cruise started guzzling olive oil from the bottle, and Oliver said, "Someone alert the sewer department!"

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
    • http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2006, 10:55:18 AM »

Is anyone having the opposite problem? I've been constipated since I started. Probably because the decrease in food that I'm ingesting means a corresponding increase in water, although I'm trying to make a conscious effort to drink lots of water, and am drinking 24 oz. twice a day when I take the sugar.

I've had a little.  Something I've never before encountered, even on protien modified fasts and such.  But then I've never lost more than twenty pounds on a diet.

Interesting.

Denise

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2006, 11:14:35 AM »

Taking in a lot less food could contribute to the opposite.

Tried the grape seed this morning and no problems at all, and it does taste better.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18