Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Candida

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Candida  (Read 17167 times)

kokle

• It's kind of fun to do the impossible! W. Disney
Candida
« on: October 03, 2006, 08:48:04 AM »

Anyone having problems with candida (in my case skin weeping under the folds of fat.  This area is itchy and rashy)? I don't know if the SW is helping cause this.
Kokle 5'7", born 1953, 380 (highest)/316 (start SLD)/301/156

spacehoppa

• England
Re: Candida
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 08:51:31 AM »

Hi Kokle,

I don't know whether the sugar water is causing your candida, but it certainly won't be helping to get rid of it. It sounds like you'd be better off using the oil instead I'm afraid.

I think the oil is much better myself anyway as it can actually supplement your diet in a positive way, and it's much, much quicker to take, so benefits all round. Have you tried the oil yet?
Female, 35 yrs, started SLD 3rd May 2006, Start weight 196, Currently pregnant

kokle

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 11:29:21 AM »

I am doing a Tbsp of oil (ELOO, Walnut, Avocado) 3-4 times a day.  I have tried using SW (fructose water) when I get home to chase down the oil.  I found that the last two nights, I have been waking up to take a swig of SW several times a night.

genogurl

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 02:02:29 PM »

Kokle...a help for the moist itchy rash under  fat folds, especially the belly flap,  is regular Vick's vapor rub!  Buy it otc and not expensive.  Also, it keeps my sinus under control.  Dry area gently, apply thin layer of Vick's.

bekel

• Global Moderator
  • I <3 omega-3s
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 04:00:59 PM »

I've used Gold Bond Medicated Body Powder (extra strength--green container) with outstanding results to dry that stuff up and heal the area.

Proud member of Lab Rats United, noseclipped unit: Tested on since May 18, 2006.

ani

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 08:00:34 PM »

Any skinfold yeast infection can be very tough to defeat, especially if you live in a hot moist climate. Keeping your skin cool and smooth and dry, even with powder, can certainly help prevent problems, and may be all you need to clear up a simple heat rash; but if yeast has moved in for a while, you'll probably also need drugs to shake it.

If the infection isn't clearing up and you're sure it involves yeast, you might first try an over-the-counter topical antifungal cream containing something like clotrimazole or miconazole. Check the foot powder section in a drugstore or supermarket. If the first one you pick doesn't work after the recommended period, you might try one with a different active ingredient; some yeasts respond better to particular antifungals.

If a couple of different antifungals don't do it for you, it's definitely time to see a doctor.

kokle

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 12:48:03 AM »

I live in the Chicago area, which hardly qualifies as a hot, moist climate (at least not at this time of year)(It was in the 80's yesterday and the 60's today).  However, my system has been providing the heat and moistrure on it's own quite nicely.  Usually it flairs up when I have liquor or something like ice cream with candy.  It goes away after a point.  Swimming does help dry it out.  I have used Gold Bond powder before, but in the house we have now, there doesn't seem any good place to make the mess and put it on.  I don't want to use any after swimming either, as that can leave a mess for other people who use the locker room.  I stopped tasting the chocolate my DH brought home, so hopefully it will stop.

tarheelatheart

• annemoss.com
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 07:52:08 PM »

Anyone having problems with candida (in my case skin weeping under the folds of fat.  This area is itchy and rashy)? I don't know if the SW is helping cause this.

Candida and I are not friends. I can't eat sugar or yeast due to antibiotics taken 2.5 years ago. I just went in for thrush. It's not SLD but the antibiotics from years ago, the pill before that and the thrush is the result of 12 weeks of mono which I just found out I had. They did the HIV test when I went in for thrush since I had a blood transfusion a few years ago. All clear.

Take acidophulis, the probiotics in the frig section. The acidophulis milk, yogurt with the lowest sugar content. Avoid bread and refined sugar whenever possible.  Drink a minimum of alcohol. Really. It will improve if you do this. It's best if you avoid all of the above for at least one week. It can't grow if there's nothing to feed it. That includes both inside and outside the body. I'm a pro by now. I am besieged with it if I don't follow a good diet without yeast and sugar.

falconcy

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 08:21:49 AM »

Apparently fennel is good for Candida.

tarheelatheart

• annemoss.com
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 11:52:43 AM »

Thanks. I'll get some. It can't hurt.

SILENT

• STARTING DATE 09/27/06
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 01:10:05 PM »

Thanks. I'll get some. It can't hurt.

the diaper rash oinment sold for babies works really well also.

"I live in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here"

Marie

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 07:19:46 PM »

I used to have very serious rash and fungus in the fold areas, but ever since I have been applying the same antiperspirant I use under my arms in those areas, I have been able to prevent those.

violann44

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2006, 12:54:51 PM »

Use a blow dryer to dry the skin after showering. Take 5 probiotic tabs twice a day. Eat non-fat sugar free yoghurt at least once a day. I sure hope it's not a ditto!

lvivianka

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2006, 09:25:28 AM »

Wow, there are as many suggestions as there are people.  I use a powder called Zeasorb. It is not cheap, but it sure works to keep one dry.

kokle

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2006, 03:34:47 PM »

I looked at a couple of fennel teas today.  They had a strong licorice smell.  I don't like licorice.  I didn't buy any.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18