Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Cook Book

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cook Book  (Read 5180 times)

taymac

Cook Book
« on: May 03, 2006, 06:36:23 AM »

I decided to go out and get the cook book mentioned by Stephen M. (Ethesis) in his post about variety - I know he is not endorsing anything, I just thought it would be a nice change form the same old recipes I usually use. It's "365 Recipes, No Repeats" by Rachel Ray.

Last night we had Shepard's Pie (with lamb) but with lots of paprika and cumin as suggested in the recipe.  Really different but nice. And fresh thyme and chives - we usually use the dried kind so this was a great change.

I'm looking forward to other recipes; the author seems to favour different spice mixtures which may be "a good thing".

One request for help from those of you who have been on the program awhile - any suggestions on how to discretely transport the oil to work?  My husband is now gung-ho to follow the program.  I'm home for the summer and can easily manage the oil supplements. He is at work - we have discussed going to the dollar-store and getting some tiny bottles for him to take to work.

I thought I saw some small tubes of ELOO somewhere in a picture about the program (maybe a magazine cover ??) and would be interested in that.

Any suggestions would be most welcome - Tay.

Miller

Re: Cook Book
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 11:34:28 AM »

I decided to go out and get the cook book mentioned by Stephen M. (Ethesis) in his post about variety - I know he is not endorsing anything, I just thought it would be a nice change form the same old recipes I usually use. It's "365 Recipes, No Repeats" by Rachel Ray.

Last night we had Shepard's Pie (with lamb) but with lots of paprika and cumin as suggested in the recipe.  Really different but nice. And fresh thyme and chives - we usually use the dried kind so this was a great change.

I'm looking forward to other recipes; the author seems to favour different spice mixtures which may be "a good thing".

One request for help from those of you who have been on the program awhile - any suggestions on how to discretely transport the oil to work?  My husband is now gung-ho to follow the program.  I'm home for the summer and can easily manage the oil supplements. He is at work - we have discussed going to the dollar-store and getting some tiny bottles for him to take to work.

I thought I saw some small tubes of ELOO somewhere in a picture about the program (maybe a magazine cover ??) and would be interested in that.

Any suggestions would be most welcome - Tay.

I have one of those "make-your-own" hot sauce kits that came with a couple of empty hot sauce style bottles.  I just fill one of those with oil every few days.

It would probably also work to wash an old soy sauce bottle or equivalent in the dishwasher.

ghundt

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 11:38:19 AM »

I just heard about this program as talkshow host Dennis Prager interviewed Seth, very interesting, and for whatever reason i bought Racheal Ray's book, just for new ideas and am enjoying it also.
My next step is to try it

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 04:10:38 PM »

I just got a small bottle, marked it with lines at 2 tablespoons and used that.  Later, I got a small bottle (16 oz) and filled it with oil, put it on a shelf at work and measure out a medicine shot glass at two tablespoons and drink it.

That seems to work well.

taymac

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 06:41:29 AM »

Thanks very much for both suggestions.

We've done a little of both - a small hot sauce bottle from the dollar store (emptied and thoroughly cleaned) and some disposable shot-glasses from the dollar store - 40 to a package.  And that's a Canadian dollar - currently about 90 cents US!

Thanks again

GCHM

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 08:02:54 AM »

i just bought a great cook book with a lot of recipes.  it is cooking light's superfast suppers.  absolutely great stuff in there...check it out

Lola

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 12:22:09 PM »

I add the oil to a few ounces of water in a water bottle to take to work.  When I'm ready to drink it, I shake it up and gulp it down.  Works great for me!

AndyVA

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 01:30:41 PM »

My wife found an 8oz bottle of ELOO at the grocery store. That's 16 tablespoons.

How much water do you use to mix with the oil?

Stephen M (Ethesis)

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 10:57:23 AM »

Keep me posted on how the cook book works for you.  Thanks.

(I'm probably going to pick up a copy myself tonight).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18