Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Mixing Cup Water & Oil

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixing Cup Water & Oil  (Read 4936 times)

RED

Mixing Cup Water & Oil
« on: May 05, 2006, 04:52:34 PM »

Has anyone put one or two tablespoons of oil in a glass of water and drank it that way?  In the book it states that you may drink a glass of water after to remove the oily taste from your mouth?  If you have mixed it with water...how much ? 6 oz 12 oz 20 oz  Thanks for you reply
Red

Lola

Re: Mixing Cup Water & Oil
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 09:58:48 PM »

I started taking the oil about five days ago.  I'm not sure of the effect, since I have been dieting, too, but I seem to have less of an appetite.  Anyway, I discovered that if I put the tablespoon of ELOO in a few ounces of water in a a water bottle, and shake it up, it disperses very well, and I can drink it down pretty much like water.  It's made it much easier.  I tried coconut oil a couiple of times, but it was the end of the jar, and it was a bit difficult to get down, since it was semi-solid.  The olive oil is much easier, especially mixed with water.

I've been taking fish oil, flax, vitamin e, cold liver oil, all of my oil supplement capsules, at the same time as the ELOO.

LowerBoy

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 11:41:58 PM »

After reading this thread, I was inspired to try this too.

I took a big glass of cold water and mixed in two tablespoons of ELOO. They didn't mix too well, obviously, but i did my best.

I found the results very satisfying. Basically it's still just a glasss of water. For me, much easier (and more neutral tasting) than the oil by itself.

Great tip -- thanks!!

- LB
LowerBoy, quick stats:
Male, 29 y/o, 5'10'' Start date: 5/5/2006

joyful

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 06:50:47 AM »

I might have to experiment with this since yesterday I sprayed my kitchen with oil....my gagging reflex was a bit stronger than my will to overcome it. lol

This morning I've been dreading my morning dose of oil....gotta find a way.

Dixie_Amazon

• Using Coconut Oil
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 10:11:54 AM »

Your post made me remember lecithin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lecithin). It is a natural emulsifier I used a long time ago to make a spread that was a combination of butter, oil and water. It was available in health food stores in capsules and bottles. I can't remember for sure that it was tasteless. It might help some people that have trouble ingesting the oil. I need to investigate.  :D
Dennise with 2 n's

LowerBoy

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 11:05:57 AM »

how would i know if i have trouble ingesting the oil??
LowerBoy, quick stats:
Male, 29 y/o, 5'10'' Start date: 5/5/2006

digbyde

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 07:23:19 AM »

A lot of the oil will stay on the glass, so probably want to use more.  Another trick for taking anything unpleasant, is to drink through a straw, with the straw placed well back in the mouth. That way you avoid most of the tongue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18