Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Begonia's question

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Begonia's question  (Read 1451 times)

dgrillot2000

Begonia's question
« on: September 30, 2006, 04:56:45 PM »

:(hey its me...begonia....i just wanted to say that im taking two tablespoons of oil and waiting two hours before i eat or drink anything...but i feel like it wears off after a few hours...then i start feeling hunger pangs...should i take the sugar an hour after i eat also or what? im really confused here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The book says to wait an hour BEFORE  AND an hour AFTER the oil before you consume anything with flavor.  Based on your post it sounds like you are waiting two hours AFTER taking the oil.  However, you failed to mention if you are not also eating or drinking or smoking or chewing gum or brushing your teeth or whatever before you take the oil

Appetite suppression should NOT "WEAR OFF" if you are taking the correct dosage of oil/sw and adhereing to the one hour of NO TASTE  BEFORE AND AFTER.  If that doesn't work then you need to increase your dosage.. 

If you are going to take sugar (or fructose) water you MAY combine it with the oil, but some folks only take oil and no SW (or fructose).  Then again some people only take the SW (or fructose).  You have to find what works for you.

I THINK I CAN. I THINK I MIGHT. I THOUGHT I COULD!  I THINK I WILL!

begonia

Re: Begonia's question
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 05:32:56 PM »

in reply to you.....i am not eating or drinking or smoking or doing anything before i take the oil but i wait for two hours after i take it to eat...so thats not correct...huh? well i guess i misread the book...(my bad) but it seems like i start getting hunger pangs like two hours after i eat even tho i did take the oil....what does that mean? maybe i do need to up the oil intake. or change oils? maybe.

Tazzia

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 06:30:44 PM »

I don't know if this'll help or not, Begonia, but I had the hunger pang "thing" going on as well, for the first 2 weeks....so I ate a bit, and was fine. I think it's important to allow yourself some flexibility, and to cut yourself some slack (expertise from a fellow Newbie!)
Anyway, it's week 3 and no hunger pangs! I hope it works out for you. Good luck  :)
Laughter is the music of life

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 02:06:51 AM »

in reply to you.....i am not eating or drinking or smoking or doing anything before i take the oil but i wait for two hours after i take it to eat...so thats not correct...huh? well i guess i misread the book...(my bad) but it seems like i start getting hunger pangs like two hours after i eat even tho i did take the oil....what does that mean? maybe i do need to up the oil intake. or change oils? maybe.

It's an hour before and an hour after, though most of us think when we wait longer, the effect is stronger. But don't strain to wait longer, and don't worry about the hunger pangs. The SLD effect isn't short term: you're not taking your morning dose to avoid being hungry at noon. It's the cumulative effect on your setpoint of all the flavorless calories you've had over the last few months. Or, so says Seth.
Running weight tally:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18