Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
New Folks--Please read this first!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Folks--Please read this first!  (Read 33234 times)

kt

• missing a lot of meals
    • How I've lost weight with SLD, then daytime fast:
Re: New Folks--Please read this first!
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2009, 08:15:25 PM »

Welcome, and good luck!  Try setting up a post to track yourself in My SLD Page (read the instructions at the top)...it really helps you to see what works for you!

Kate

Dr. Bader

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2010, 09:19:19 AM »

Dear Experiencers, I've just begun the SL method. In a single day, I am already experiencing my need for food diminishing! If I sufficienly close my nose off to smell, and the associated sense of taste, can I substitute organic or non-organic virgin cold pressed olive oil for the light olive oil? Why do I ask? Because I believe the cold pressed virgin olive oil retains the anti- inflamatory benefits that I'm not sure the light olive oil possesses. Would you kindly advise? Sincerely, Fred.

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2010, 09:39:19 AM »

you can use any type of oil as long as you can't taste it.

Welcome and good luck!
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

TalkingRat

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2010, 10:11:43 AM »

Dear Experiencers, I've just begun the SL method. In a single day, I am already experiencing my need for food diminishing! If I sufficienly close my nose off to smell, and the associated sense of taste, can I substitute organic or non-organic virgin cold pressed olive oil for the light olive oil? Why do I ask? Because I believe the cold pressed virgin olive oil retains the anti- inflamatory benefits that I'm not sure the light olive oil possesses. Would you kindly advise? Sincerely, Fred.

A few years back, some of us tried noseclipping EVOO, hoping for the added benefits.  As far as I know, nobody was successful, although there are a few who did fine with other flavored oils noseclipped.  EVOO worked for me for 1-2 weeks and then stopped.  And I think the experiment greatly reduced ELOO's effectiveness for me as well.  So I'd suggest you stick with ELOO for SLD, and have EVOO on your salad outside the unflavored window.  An anti-inflammatory oil that works for me is fishoil capsules.  4-6 at bedtime aren't enough to be all the unflavored calories I need, but it contributes.  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18