Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
New Folks--Please read this first!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: New Folks--Please read this first!  (Read 33921 times)

bekel

• Global Moderator
  • I <3 omega-3s
New Folks--Please read this first!
« on: September 30, 2006, 01:51:14 PM »

http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?board=12.0

This is the link to the FAQ.

In it are the answers to many questions, like:

How do I get a kewl ticker?

How do I start?

Where can I buy Seth's book?

and many other questions you didn't even know you had.

Then take some time and run around in the forums. There's also a search function at the top of the page. Type in a word or two of the topic that you are looking for and see if it's here. Chances are someone else has posted about it already.

Good luck!

Proud member of Lab Rats United, noseclipped unit: Tested on since May 18, 2006.

chrianna

• this is a test, this is only a test
Re: New Folks--Please read this first!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 01:58:07 PM »

EXCELLENT advice, diane!  i know your typing fingers are getting worn out.

also, more advice:

use the search function at the top to help you with any questions about specific oil, specific protocols, etc.

more good luck!

mj

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 04:24:29 PM »

help please,
i followed the instructions got the ticker working then when i went to change it, I couldn't highlight the old ticker.  the little box apeared there instead of the ticker.  Could this be because I have mac?  also, what is a 'right click'?  thanks for you help in advance. I really am clicker challenged.

started Sept 28

bekel

• Global Moderator
  • I <3 omega-3s
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 04:29:23 PM »

help please,
i followed the instructions got the ticker working then when i went to change it, I couldn't highlight the old ticker.  the little box apeared there instead of the ticker.  Could this be because I have mac?  also, what is a 'right click'?  thanks for you help in advance. I really am clicker challenged.
It's the Mac thing. I speak Mac and PC, so...

To highlight the text for the ticker in your signature box click and drag like you would in Word. Then paste what you copied into the box--the text will be replaced.

PC mice have two buttons. A lot of times with a Mac if you 'click and hold the clicker down' a menu box will appear with the same type of options that will appear if you right click.

Macs rule, PCs drool.

Heh.  :lol:

Proud member of Lab Rats United, noseclipped unit: Tested on since May 18, 2006.

mj

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 03:11:04 AM »

thanks bekel for all your help.
I've got it working now.  with your help I'm not as challenged as i thought i was.  :lol:
mj

started Sept 28

bink

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 08:17:40 AM »

Holding down the "control" key when you click on a Mac is the same thing as right-clicking on a PC.

I think a lot of Mac people have two-button mice by now, though, or those magic Apple ones that know which side you are clicking on, so this may be less useful.

donna1954

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 04:01:26 PM »

I have a question. I know that you aren't allow to have any calories an hour before or after drinking the oil. What I want to know is Will flavor water that doesnt have any calories be a problem to drink during that time as I don't like plan water and I get thirsty at work and need something to drink.

Thank you

TalkingRat

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 04:12:00 PM »

Donna,

We're so used to thinking calories, but here we think flavor.  So no flavor.  The flavor associates with the oil calories, and that's what we're trying to avoid.

Jefi

I'm a Newbie and have a question!
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 01:23:14 PM »

Hello. I just finished reading the book and I am starting the diet tonight. I am a bit confused about the "flavorless" oil. I bought refined walnut oil because of its Omega-3 benefits. My mom tried the oil already and said she tasted a slight flavor. Is this oil supposed to be completely flavorless or does a slight flavor constitute as "flavorless?" Can I drink it without holding my nose? I am also new to this blogging thing so any tips on that would be great because I don't really know what I'm doing. Thanks fellow SLD dieters!

billkruse

• Kruse Internet Marketing Services
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 11:28:04 PM »

I need to know this too; should it be floated on water if you can taste anything at all drinking it neat?

BB

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 11:40:10 PM »

No no, you don't HAVE to float it on water - just as long as you can get it down without tasting it.

I have to float it as I'm not too good at throwing down shots of anything.  Guess I was too well behaved in my youth!  :lol:

elizabethd

I'm sorry, but I NEED HELP!
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2007, 01:59:52 PM »

I just started this yesterday, but it makes sense so I am really excited. However, I am having trouble finding answers on my own! I have the same question as these others about the walnut oil having flavor. I LIKE it, which concerns me. So, the answer I read was that as long as you can drink it neat with no flavor, we don't need to float it in water. Well, then since I DO taste it, I need to float it, huh! Also, I can stomach the 2Tbsp. very easily and it is easier for me to do them both at once and get it over with for the day, but is that as effective as taking it at two separate times during the day? I just want to do what works best! I only need 2 a day, I think...... I just dont know whether to take them together or not:)

terio

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2007, 02:19:00 PM »

Is your walnut oil refined?  I use the Spectrum Organics brand of refined walnut oil and there is practically no taste at all.  I do float it on water because I prefer not having any greasy feel in my mouth.  Lots of people take all of their oil at once, it just depends on what works for you.

shovelqueen

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007, 02:35:34 PM »

I take 2 tbsp at once mid afternoon - switched from one a.m. and p.m. within a few days of starting.  AS was as good, but a couple of days of nausea and stomach-rolling while I got used to the larger dose. 

"Strength, balance, joy!"

gemswabbit

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2007, 06:18:34 PM »

Are there any rapid success stories from people who have had 20 pounds or less to lose?
Come to think of it, Shovelqueen 18 pounds and hit her goal.  How long did it take and what
was your experience the first couple of weeks?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18