Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
jc īs progress -five weeks down and up

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: jc īs progress -five weeks down and up  (Read 28357 times)

jc

The book has arrived!
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 01:33:00 AM »

The book has finally arrived!

And I lost another kilo, down to 102 kg (226 pounds). This is fun!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 01:35:38 AM by jc »

jc

Re: jc īs progress
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2006, 09:41:50 PM »

Yesterday was a beautiful day and I really felt like having ice cream. I love "pralines and cream" from haagen dazs, but of course that is high calorie "ditto" food. So I thought, what If I take a second scoop of ice cream with a flavor I havenīt tried yet? I am not too fond of coffee, but tried the coffee/caramel that they have together with my favorite. So I enjoyed some pure"p&c" and a lot of  mixed ice cream with both flavours.

Tasted great and totally filled me up for hours, with no desire for more.

I wonder if all the fast food and ice cream chains just need to offer their customers a spice rack with 20 different mixtures to chose from so that you can reduce the "ditto" effect.

Or will we see new chains with more "home cooked" style meals, freshly prepared with a lot of variation? Will there be a renaissance of interest in cooking and recipes?

jc

My body changes first - the scale follows
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2006, 04:07:14 AM »

My scale still stands at 102 kg ( 226,6 pounds) but my body is changing. I am already wearing a trouser that should only fit me if I had lost more. It feels like my body is far ahead of the scale.

I am still using 2,5 TBS of oil in the morning around 11 AM and 1-2 TBS in the afternoon. All my cravings have dispappeared, when I get hungry I eat something healthy and fill up with about half the amount I used to eat. At the office and at home I now have various spices and mixtures and always sprinkle them over my food to keep changing the taste. I havenīt been to the gym in a while and I miss it, but my weight keeps going down anyway.

The method works, it is becoming part of my daily routine.

jc

Scale at 101-102 kg  (224-226 pounds), so I am still losing weight although I had a "comfort food attack" yesterday and deliberately missed the oil because I actually wanted to eat the quantitiy that I am used to. Is that stupid? I donīt now, but even without the oil I ate much less and today I am back on plan. Feels good to now this system is so flexible and you donīt get "punished" right away, if you miss out for a day or two.

Will

• Today is a good day to diet.

Congratulations jk, sounds like you are making good progress.  I agree with you the flexibility and simplicity of the diet are fantastic.   :D
I wouldn't care if the scale said 400 lbs, if I looked like Brad Pitt.

jc

I forgot to eat!
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2006, 02:22:53 PM »

My weight is still at 102 kg, but today I just had breakfast, and two hours later a sandwich and then I forgot to eat!!! It is nearly midnight and I have been up and running for hours, and I am not even hungry, dizzy or tired. I also forgot the oil and will take some now before going to bed. But for me this is such a bizzare experience. No snacks inbetween, just a little black tea with sugar.

jc

Still at 102...no change, hm

Still 3-4 TBS of oil a day, no snacking, much less sweets or junk food.

Denise

Have you tried using just 2T to see if you still get the suppression?  I have great success with just 2T.

jc

Hi Denise,

yes I want to spend the next week experimenting with the dose of oil. What worries me is that although the cravings are gone I am still eating quite large amounts of food. In the beginning my appetite was cut nearly in half, now it is perhaps 30 % less then when I started.

I am eating much healthier food though and cooking more myself. And I am experimenting with a lot of different flavors and fresh herbs.

The week was also very hectic and I havenīt had time for the gym apart from some daily yoga. And sitting in front of a screen all day, doesnīt burn a lot :-(

But I am not giving up. Canīt afford to go back to junk food. Iīd rather spend that money on something else.

jc

101 kg!  224 pounds!

Ok, so there are plateaus, but it works. Like others have mentioned I really seem to be losing mostly around my midline. I usually have a large belly and that has slimmed down by nearly 10 cm. I also feel less bloated, so I am sure a lot of it is just "less gas" and instant slimming. But who cares? It looks great! I have reduced the oil a bit to 1,5 TBS in the afternoon and one TBS at night before I go to bed.

I love the fact that I never need to "control" my appetite - I can eat ice cream, cake, pizza etc...but my body just gets satisfied with much less of these foods and has a strong desire for fresh food. I use spices or spice mixtures on everything and have also bought fresh herbs. I am discovering a whole new world of flavours and on the week-ends I plan to invite friends to cook for them, just like when we were students and too poor to go out.

When I lose 10% of my body weight, i.e. when I reach 94 kg (208,8) I will buy 10 books and give them to friends and family. It wonīt even cost me anything, I have already saved that amount by cooking more and buying less groceries than before.

jc

OK, I have been a bad girl, went totally off the oil for a while and then only used grapeseed oil with two TBsp a day.

Current weight: 103 kg.

I have to admit, I am very happy! I ate loads of sweets, especially chocolate, had several full restaurant dinners while traveling. Usually I would gain at least four kilos while binging like that.

Now I am back to a routine of 2 TBSP of rapeseed oil just after waking up and 1-2 TBSP either in the afternoon or before going to bed. I will stay away from grapeseed oil for a while, I think it is less effective for me.

jc

Re: jc īs progress -five weeks down and up
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2010, 06:00:23 PM »

Hello Shangri La world, Iīm back!

Unfortunately my weight has balloned to a terrible 117 kg. The last two years have been VERY stressful, a complex court case, I had to close down my business, people lost their jobs, my mother was in hospital etc...

Now I am literally trying to restart my life. I have a new job that gives me much more control over my time. No more trade shows!!!
I have signed up with a personal trainer and am trying to like my gym. Well, at least I try.

I am still not free of all my old problems (especially the never ending, expensive, court case), but at least with my new job I can create a much healthier work life balance. I donīt have a car anymore, so I walk everywhere or take the bicycle.

Started with my first oil/water tonight.

Iīll keep you posted.

ETA: Of course, i will try to use anything else that I know worked, like relaxation, flotation tanks etc...However what scares me a bit is my setpoint. Every time I lose weight and then the reality of life hits me and I get off whatever worked, I regain all the weight lost and hit a new setpoint. The 117 kg have been VERY stubborn. I was overeating the last two months, got very little sleep but my weight is still 117kg. I was actually scared to step on the scale for two months and very surprised that my weight didnīt change.

I definately have a set point. I hope that changing my lifestyle will get it down permanently. 

shovelqueen

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2010, 07:10:26 PM »

Welcome back, JC!  When were you here before? 

Good news about getting a better work/life balance.  Life is too short to spend it all on work!

Good luck! :D

"Strength, balance, joy!"

jc

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 02:44:26 PM »

Last time I was here was in 2007! So itīs been a while. Letīs see what I have learned in the meantime!

jc

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2010, 02:20:38 PM »

Just wanted to add I am getting great AS from a simple Misosoup with Tofu. I now make this my last little meal at night. Might try some variations on the soup. Definetly no carbs in the evening.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18