Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Pinkmug's update, THREE (!!!) YEARS ON SLD!!!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 128   Go Down

Author Topic: Pinkmug's update, THREE (!!!) YEARS ON SLD!!!  (Read 469821 times)

mamenie

Re: Pinkmug's update, HAPPY NEW YEAR
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2007, 09:14:49 AM »

I know I'm biased toward exercise, since I so enjoy it - but wouldn't it be a lovelier, less gruesome option to try a brisk 30-minute walk every day vs. making half your diet flavorless?  I mean, flavorless is never going to feel great, where a walk can sometimes make one's day in the most surprising of ways. As I said, I'm a bit biased because my walks mean so much to me - but it's also because they mean so much to me that I offer that bias.  Good luck deciding what "extra" credit might work best!!!  sammie

Sammie, I've been doing a brisk 50 mn walk with my husband every day for the past umpteen years. it's nice and we do enjoy it and would never dream of stopping. However, not only did it not help us lose weight, it did not even prevent us from gaining, and gaining a lot.
It's like everything else. When your body starts refusing to react, anything that works for other people stops working for you. I think the key is then to do as much of all the extra credits, including walking but not exclusively, as you possibly can. The price to pay has become very high.

Terri

« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2007, 09:18:14 PM »

The quickest way to lose weight is to eat a balance of protein carbs and good fats and do not exercise. I say that because I have worked with people who exercise 1-2 hours a day and they do not lose a pound. They gain in some instances. Then I know others who eat the balance of 40-30-30 and don't exercise and they lose 8 lbs in their first week! Not to say that exercising isn't important. I love walking and I know it helps me feel healthier and I know it does help me lose weight when I continue to eat the 40-30-30 balance. Just thought it was interesting that all the exercise in the world won't help one lose weight if they are not eating the right balance.
Terri

mamenie

« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2007, 11:35:40 PM »

And mamenie, I don't have much willpower, and when it comes to hunger I can't endure it, I get headaches!...

Pinkmug, you misunderstood me. I said that we do need willpower, but NOT for being hungry, I emphatically agree that I never want to be hungry again, if only because it is always counter productive in the long run, but noseclipping or swallowing food pellets or whatever else you might invent does require willpower, and a lot of it.

go2grl

« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2007, 08:06:50 PM »

Just a little reassurance... once you start the maintenance phase you can eat more than you can while you're losing. At least that's been my experience these past 2-3 months.   So even if it takes a bit of extra credit to lose, it doen't mean you'll have to do that forever.
Living La Vida SLD!

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2007, 03:21:06 AM »

mamenie, I HAD misunderstood you; thanks for the clarification!
go2grl, it's good to know that!
terri, that must be the safest way to lose weight and not gain it back. The quickest must really be the old - take in less calories than you burn. Which isn't always easy! For quick losing balance doesn't seem to matter, only quantities. For healthy losing then yes I agree with you. I also think people who exercise and don't lose, they even gain, it's because they eat even more. Maybe they think that since they exercise they can get away with eating all the unhealthy foods or quantities they want. My DS has gained weight with exercise at a gym, in one year he gained some 12 pounds; he's doing specific workouts for gaining muscle and he has. And his chest is much broader. Of course he eats like a horse (or a couple of horses).

Well, this week I'm PMsing and I'm back to 62.5 kg. New approach for the week: split oil doses - 1 T first thing AM and 1 T last thing PM. Have an All Bran bar for breakfast every day (126 cal) and a coffee with half packet of sugar (16 cal). Cook oatmeal for the whole week and eat it at lunch (pretty bland) or on arriving home after work (my problem time of day). Have lots of vegs & fruit handy. Be cool & take it easy, use positive imagery to acquire a positive mindset (thanks for the tip Jenn)  :)
My inspirational quote for the week:
“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” - GANDHI
If I believe I'm fat, I'll be fat forever!  :shock:

P.S. Another thing, I'm experimenting with taking flaxseed oil alone.

A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

Jenn

• **~Feeling more ZEN every day~**
    • come listen to some of our tunes on myspace
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2007, 06:35:30 AM »

Pinkmug,
 Thanks for inserting the quote on the board.  I think it will help a lot of people to remember that our thoughts do become our reality.

Jenn

Drinking anything that feels good at the moment, not worrying about my body and feeling very, very good about that!
I am at a healthy weight and get slimmer/healthier every day!

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2007, 01:53:59 AM »

Pinkmug,
 Thanks for inserting the quote on the board.  I think it will help a lot of people to remember that our thoughts do become our reality.

Jenn

It makes sense, doesn't it?

"I believe I'm fat. I think like a fat person. I tell myself and everybody else I'm fat. I act like a fat person - dedicate too much time to eating and too little to being active. I grow accustomed to this way of living. I start believing it's meant to be so, I don't do anything to break the cycle and i even like it. Then, I'm forever fat."

Seth's background is psychology, right? Maybe he could say something about our mindsets affecting our attitude toward food and weight...
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

Jenn

« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2007, 02:54:50 PM »

All I can say is that if the mindset doesn't change...we slip back into old habits and the things that caused the overweight will re-manifest in our lives.  It ALWAYS does sooner or later.

You know how they say that wealth is not about money...it starts in the mindset.
Well....overweight is not about food!  And I am starting to really realize it.  The SW is a great appetite suppressant, but I am definitely combining it with some big-time attitude adjustment! :D

Think thin.

Jenn
Drinking anything that feels good at the moment, not worrying about my body and feeling very, very good about that!

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2007, 01:59:08 AM »

You bet, Jenn! One thing I will have to repeat to myself is:

Slim people eat to live, they don't live to eat. I'm slim. I don't want to live to eat.

Even if I have to paste this on the fridge door...  :lol:

P.S. Not doing fine; I was up to 63.5 this morning - my initial weight of 8 months ago!... But it's PMS time... Another thing, having the oil in the AM and having a breakfast on the run isn't working - I end up ravenous at lunch time and overeat. Today is the last day I'm doing ir unless something changes. I took 1 T FSO at midnight and 1T FSO + 1 T ISIO4 at 7.10 AM. I found out FSO alone leaves a noticeable aftertaste.

falconcy

« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2007, 03:03:59 AM »

Pinkmug - I really wish I was at your weight, I have to lose nearly as much as you weigh in order to become what I'm told I'm supposed to be. Don't feel so bad about it, I certainly don't.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2007, 03:43:08 AM »

Thanks for putting things into perspective for me Falconcy. I just wanted to be the old "me" from 3 or 4 years ago, I don't think it's too much to ask  :)
But I'm intrigued about your statement in order to become what I'm told I'm supposed to be. Were you always big, since childhood? And what is your personal opinion about the weight you would be happy and comfortable to have?  :?

Jenn

« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2007, 06:05:25 AM »

P.S. Not doing fine; I was up to 63.5 this morning - my initial weight of 8 months ago!... But it's PMS time... Another thing, having the oil in the AM and having a breakfast on the run isn't working - I end up ravenous at lunch time and overeat. Today is the last day I'm doing ir unless something changes. I took 1 T FSO at midnight and 1T FSO + 1 T ISIO4 at 7.10 AM. I found out FSO alone leaves a noticeable aftertaste.

Pinkmug
   You gotta toss that ol' scale right outta that darn door I say!  Bahhh! spit, spit!
seeing a lack of progress every day...just creates a lack of progress and then you see it again ....and well, you know the rest of the statement.
Try to only weigh once every week or two.

I am only going to weigh in one month!  "Take that you old evil scale gnome!!!! You won't get me down" And hence I will not feel the discouraged desire to munch my sorrows. :D :D

Mind power....YES!   well...and SW too :D

Jenn

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2007, 07:37:27 AM »

About the scale, I dunno...... I fear that if don't weigh in daily I let myself go heavier... you see, the scale acts as a wake up call when the figure is up.
Also, my eyes are my scale! I can tell my weight just from looking at the mirror, or from how my pants fit. The weigh-in is just a confirmation. It seldom fails!...

It's mid-afternoon here. I ate out like a horse at lunch, a plateful of "cozido" (the French "pot-au-feu"). Luckily it isn't too caloric since everything is just boiled. Meat - several pork parts and beef. I only eat the lean pieces (for the protein); sausages - several types, I just ate one or two slices. Cabbage; turnips; potato (I gave my husband); rice; beans; carrots. Usually half of the plate is cabbage. A small glass of white wine and a pineapple slice. So, my AS is minimal. I haven't started with the bland oatmeal yet, hopefully today I will. The weather is too cool for smoothies. Yesterday I ate some 10 cookies with peanut butter when I got home... I hadn't been wanting cookies for months and months in a row :( I'm blaming PMS, but I can't afford to go to my initial weight every month :( OKAY I confess: I've been drinking more than usual - since christmas. But it feels so good when the weather is cool!!!!

Never mind, the little pleasures of life are also important. I'll be fine, after all I'm slim inside and this is only a temporary padding - against cold, maybe. Or stress. My family life has been stressful lately! Maybe I eat more to compensate the upsets. Whatever! I'm all for mind power!! With all your support and encouragement, I'll be fine  :) Thank you  :) and best of luck to yourself  :D

French Cat

« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2007, 02:48:14 PM »

About the scale, I dunno...... I fear that if don't weigh in daily I let myself go heavier... you see, the scale acts as a wake up call when the figure is up.
Also, my eyes are my scale! I can tell my weight just from looking at the mirror, or from how my pants fit. The weigh-in is just a confirmation. It seldom fails!...

It's mid-afternoon here. I ate out like a horse at lunch, a plateful of "cozido" (the French "pot-au-feu"). Luckily it isn't too caloric since everything is just boiled. Meat - several pork parts and beef. I only eat the lean pieces (for the protein); sausages - several types, I just ate one or two slices. Cabbage; turnips; potato (I gave my husband); rice; beans; carrots. Usually half of the plate is cabbage. A small glass of white wine and a pineapple slice. So, my AS is minimal. I haven't started with the bland oatmeal yet, hopefully today I will. The weather is too cool for smoothies. Yesterday I ate some 10 cookies with peanut butter when I got home... I hadn't been wanting cookies for months and months in a row :( I'm blaming PMS, but I can't afford to go to my initial weight every month :( OKAY I confess: I've been drinking more than usual - since christmas. But it feels so good when the weather is cool!!!!

Never mind, the little pleasures of life are also important. I'll be fine, after all I'm slim inside and this is only a temporary padding - against cold, maybe. Or stress. My family life has been stressful lately! Maybe I eat more to compensate the upsets. Whatever! I'm all for mind power!! With all your support and encouragement, I'll be fine  :) Thank you  :) and best of luck to yourself  :D

Like I just said to Jenn on my thread, I just can't stop weighing myself either.
Sometimes we have to enjoy earthly pleasures to keep our spirits up, specially during the winter (it doesn't have to be food ;-) )
so indulge yourlself and you'll pick up strengh for next week.

I just saw you are using Isio 4, so how is it ?
Is it tasteless ? Did you have any acid reflux with it (you seem to tolerate oil quite well) ?
I am asking because I've been stuck between 69.5 and 70 kg for one month now and I thought I might change something like adding a TSP of Isio4.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2007, 02:52:57 AM »

Bonjour la petite chatte,  :)
About Isio 4, it looks like water, very clear and runny, and I couldn't taste it (noseclipped to be sure). falconcy is using it too.
So far my opinion is good. In fact, for a couple days I took the flax seed oil alone in search of greater AS, but I kept feeling an aftertaste. So I went back to mixing it with a T Isio4, and voilà, no more aftertaste.
As it happens, I never took it on its own!
There's another version of Isio in France - Isio Protect. i Found out the composition of the Isio4 sold here in Portugal is similar to France's Isio Protect. Go figure, but if you find it, it seems better (higher in omega 3).
Good luck in escaping your plateau!!!
Meow meow!  :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 128   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18