Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Pinkmug's update, THREE (!!!) YEARS ON SLD!!!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 128   Go Down

Author Topic: Pinkmug's update, THREE (!!!) YEARS ON SLD!!!  (Read 474677 times)

Jenn

• **~Feeling more ZEN every day~**
    • come listen to some of our tunes on myspace
Re: Pinkmug's update, HAPPY NEW YEAR
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2007, 12:25:25 PM »

My scale is almost touching 154...yipee.  Whoosh whoosh!

Jenn

I posted this on girljedi's thread, but hope that lots of you will see it.

If you want to feel inspired for the new year...take the time to watch the video on this link.
It is so positive and motivating...literally life changing
http://www.aloe-vera-health-benefits.com/thesecret/

It is called the secret of shaping your destiny...it is 90 minutes and well worth your time.
Jenn
Drinking anything that feels good at the moment, not worrying about my body and feeling very, very good about that!
I am at a healthy weight and get slimmer/healthier every day!

sammie

• Age 38, F, 5'10" started 9/23/06
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2007, 01:23:28 PM »

90 minutes??  Or, perhaps, 90 seconds?

Yay on cracking 155!!!!!

klgas

« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2007, 01:28:13 PM »

The movie is 90 minutes and incredibly excellent.  Only I paid the $4.95 to see it....and it was worth it.  When Jenn mentioned this opportunity to see if free........... I was excited to see it again, but the screen is so small, so much is lost.  Unless there is some way to enlarge the screen, a lot would be missed.

Vee

« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2007, 04:30:05 AM »

If you want to feel inspired for the new year...take the time to watch the video on this link.
It is so positive and motivating...literally life changing
http://www.aloe-vera-health-benefits.com/thesecret/

It is called the secret of shaping your destiny...it is 90 minutes and well worth your time.
Jenn

On a related note is this one, another long one that I intended to watch in segments but ended up watching all in one sitting.....
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1891192462522832038&q=what+the+bleep+do+we+know&hl=en

And this excerpt from the new film -- only 5 minutes -- is mind boggling and leaves me joyously giddy at the possibilities in the universe
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=414923056147040970&q=what+the+bleep+do+we+know&hl=en
Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down...

~ Mary Poppins

Terri

« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2007, 09:51:48 PM »

Thanks for sharing the videos. I watched the secret last night and totally enjoyed it. I think there is definiitely something to it.  I need to watch it again and will when I have 90 mins again some evening. Do you know if you can buy the Bleep movie? I would really like to watch that one, too.
Thanks again.
Terri

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2007, 03:40:25 AM »

Humpf! Bounced up tp 62.5 kg again RATS RATS RATS Bummed bummed bummed...  PMS has just started but 1.5 kg in 2 days????? I've eaten quite healthily these days, mostly vegs.
BTW I might have overdone it and since too many vegs give me the gas (sorry) I'm wondering. Does gas have weight? I mean when you bloat due to gas, is the gas weight significant? In that case it must be just gas weight... Terrible thing when you feel like eating good stuff, whole cereals, vegs, legumes, and they give you nasty side effects  :x (I have very sensitive bowels, I even got an IBS diagnose once).

Oh I haven't watched the videos yet, just the shorter bleep. My kids loved it!! Thanks!!  :)

Ticker updated
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

sammie

« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2007, 01:37:03 PM »

Oh, RATS for you, and POOP too, ha.  Perhaps some of the so-called gas is other types of bloat as well - all those veggies having a hard time getting digested, attracting water to the process, producing gas, etc.  I would definitely not pay too terribly much attention to the scale until your bloat has resolved - it's definitely a clue that something is out of whack.  You'll get back on track!  PMS always whacks out my digestion.  DAMN PMS and TOM!  Ha. Hope your tummy is feeling better - and you get they payoff for your healthy eating sooner vs. later!  As in - TOMORROW!!!  :D

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2007, 08:20:37 AM »

Ooooh i was so bloated in the evening. Looked as if I was going to have a baby. Took 2 caps of charcoal/peppermint oil to no avail. The methane inside my tummy went round and round and gave me colics. I awoke better, thankfully, but with the same weight. I suspect it was garbanzo beans that made me that. I love garbanzos but no more for me. Along with beans. OMG these are healthy foods, and I cannot eat them. Thanks for your encouragement Sammie!  :)
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2007, 10:28:13 AM »

You awoke better, but the cat's dead, right?  :lol:

I'm glad you're feeling better.  But like the oil, sometimes it's better to build up to eating quantities of these types of food.  Don't give up on them yet.

T-Vix

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2007, 02:07:36 AM »

:lol:

Hmm... I've had beans, all kinds of, since very young. It's a very common food here (Portugal) and many typical dishes feature beans. It's not like it's a new food for which I don't have the enzymes, or whatever!  :?
Anyway, 62 kg this morning  :) 1 lb down since yesterday (garbanzo methane all gone maybe)...

mamenie

« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2007, 02:17:45 AM »

Pinkmug, I did not want to squat Jenn's trend, so I looked you up here.

You know, I've been vastly impressed, and that's an understatement, by Tim Beneke's photographs that we've been treated to lately (or maybe beforehand and I noticed them only now). I've been over his story in the book, and I've been over all his posts. I've come to the conclusion that where there is a will, there is a way. This man impresses me no end. He says in one of his posts that he needs 30% tasteless calories just for maintenance (!!!), and much more that that to lose. Anyway, if he had not made his drastic decisions, he would still be hovering at around 200 pounds.

Don't you think what we need is simply more tasteless calories, a lot more, a lot lot more, than the 400 cal; allowance of oil-sugar ?

It's a matter of getting organized, everyone with his/her own problems and solutions, but he gave me faith that it can be done in the face of any odds...

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2007, 02:42:08 AM »

Mamenie that was very kind of you! Thank you for the support!

You know, SLD calories from SW and oil account for some 15% to 20% of my intake.
Yes, more flavorless calories might do the trick. They did for Tim Beneke!
I realize I have to go drastic, but I was trying to avoid that at all costs. Flavorless food for most of the day sounds like a punishment though. Food should be a source of pleasure, in fact it's a known fact that ingestion of carbs makes our brain release endorphins. Just an e.g. among many others.

Ok I might look into that possibility, hoping that it's just temporary. It's still better than counting calories, or having to exercise every single day.

My point is, for some of us the basic SLD of just having oil or SW doesn't seem to work, and that is pushing me into the realm of deprivation diets. Deprivation from flavor, in this case. And I was running away from diets. I hate even just the word. Diet. Sounds related to "die"!

Well people can die before their normal time if they are obese too.

Your post was like a wake-up call to me. It's no use trying to escape our physiology. There is hope... Thanks!  :)

sammie

« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2007, 06:20:08 AM »

I know I'm biased toward exercise, since I so enjoy it - but wouldn't it be a lovelier, less gruesome option to try a brisk 30-minute walk every day vs. making half your diet flavorless?  I mean, flavorless is never going to feel great, where a walk can sometimes make one's day in the most surprising of ways. As I said, I'm a bit biased because my walks mean so much to me - but it's also because they mean so much to me that I offer that bias.  Good luck deciding what "extra" credit might work best!!!  sammie

mamenie

« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2007, 06:27:16 AM »

I  know, I can totally identify with everything you said. I also hope the drastic side of it would only have to be temporary. But these pictures are something to make you think twice ! It's not the same as knowing the numbers.

When Frenata claims it shouldn't be a question of willpower, well it most certainly requires willpower, although not for resisting hunger.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2007, 08:11:30 AM »

Oh sammie, I love walking, I just don't have the time!... I know I should exercise, not only for weight control but also for all the health benefits, but my days seem to be shorter and shorter, and I can't cut on sleep hours - I feel terrible when I sleep for less than 8 hours!...

And mamenie, I don't have much willpower, and when it comes to hunger I can't endure it, I get headaches!...

I know, I sound like a lazy potato couch. Partly it's true, don't ask me great efforts after 10 pm...  or before 10 am... :D

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 128   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18