Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Pinkmug's update, THREE (!!!) YEARS ON SLD!!!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 128   Go Down

Author Topic: Pinkmug's update, THREE (!!!) YEARS ON SLD!!!  (Read 461584 times)

French Cat

Re: Pinkmug's update, HAPPY NEW YEAR
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2007, 06:07:41 AM »

Yes, back to origins :)
And I ended up choosing a new ruler like your own... sorry  :( I''l fix that in a while. Edit: DONE!)
back on track, chère amie!... :)

I would glad to share a ruler with you !

Jenn

• **~Feeling more ZEN every day~**
    • come listen to some of our tunes on myspace
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2007, 06:16:05 AM »

Oh Pinkmug,
   It is surely water weight that is just waiting to Whoosh out.  I doubt that you ate 9000 calories above your daily requirements over the holidays.  So don't despair, cheers with a cup of SW and happy new year!
Your extra post-party kilos will disappear in no time! 8)

Jenn

Drinking anything that feels good at the moment, not worrying about my body and feeling very, very good about that!
I am at a healthy weight and get slimmer/healthier every day!

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2007, 06:47:29 AM »

Chatte Française,
Ooh how nice of you!... But I never liked to give the impression I'm copying others' ideas... meanwhile I had already changed to the nice rainbow ending in the coin pot!...
And the addition of BMI progress by ticker factory sure was a great idea!... But, looking at my BMI, one would never guess how fat I look. I'm gathering enough courage to post my picture!...

Jenn la Zen canadienne
You must be right. Though I ate and drank more than my usual (especially fried goodies and strong liquors) I was never hungry and in fact I ate less than on previous Christmas, I'm sure. And in 10 days I only did SLD 3 times.
I think I've eaten more from habit and socializing than hunger, actually.
But I was cool about that, in a spirit of WU-WEI (speaking of zen...)  :)
BTW yesterday I tried the SW hot, like a tea. I used double the concentration of sugar of my usual room-temperature water. It was too sweet for my taste, but it's true I wasn't hungry for the rest of the evening!...

Well as we say here "ano novo, vida nova" new year, new life... Back to SLD with a vengeance!  :D
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

Jenn

« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2007, 06:54:24 AM »

Pinkmug,
   I think that the social aspect of eating is a big part of over-eating.  When we are there having a good time with family and friends, we sit at the table for hours and just nibble and nibble and eat and drink and take another piece and oh what the hell, take another piece and nibble until....OK....I am stuffed, can't eat another bite! :D

I am glad that most of the time, my lunch is taken alone or with my husband.  I have time to think about how much I am eating and savor my food slowly.  When I get into a conversation, I forget about enjoying my food.

I do  25-30 g  of sugar in 500ml  of water (2 TBS in 2 Cups).  Is that your concentration?

Jenn
Drinking anything that feels good at the moment, not worrying about my body and feeling very, very good about that!

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2007, 07:35:14 AM »

You're right about overeating because of social distractions, we eat automatically without paying attention to the feel and taste of foods and of course it takes much more to feel full!
I'm reminded of a talk by Thich Nhat Hahn, the Buddhist monk, about Mindul Eating. A bit lengthy, but extremely interesting for us!...
I'll see if I can get the link.

I used 2 T sugar in a mug of hot water. I thought it was 20 g in 200 0r 250 mil water (I didn't bother to weigh and measure). It's very comforting indeed! Not that the weather is still cold here, it's much warmer. Lowest is about 15 C.

This is what I read: the 5th precept - diet for a mindful society.
http://dharma.ncf.ca/introduction/precepts/precept-5.html

It's lengthy, so I found a short version:
http://chetday.com/mindfuleating.htm

I'm aware many would say this is BS, but I do feel peaceful and contented when I read zen stuff!
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

Jenn

« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2007, 10:55:50 AM »

Pinkmug,
   That is VERY zen.  Wow, I never concentrated to that extent while eating an orange, or taking a shower.  Usually I am just tasting if it is a sweet orange or smelling my new shampoo in the shower.  It goes to show that we can find depth in life, in the simplest things.  Like watching an ant build it's home or drinking a mug of Sugar water.(there is no connection between the two but they are simple things) :D

you may like your SW better if you do the 2 TBS in 500 ml.  Your concentration sounded mighty sweet. :P

Jenn

French Cat

« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2007, 12:49:36 PM »

And the addition of BMI progress by ticker factory sure was a great idea!... But, looking at my BMI, one would never guess how fat I look. I'm gathering enough courage to post my picture!...

I've been fiddling with the same idea for a moment, but when I look at pictures of me, I just can't for the moment.  :oops:
Maybe if you do it , I'll do it.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2007, 07:22:33 AM »

A pound down! yay!  :lol:

Jenn, I tried a lighter concentration and it went much better
I'm glad you liked that article. Not everyone is willing to spend a few minutes watching the beauty and uniqueness of a tree, a flower, a cloud. Or noticing the smell of the rain or the wooden burnt in fireplaces.
Our lives are so hurried we just forget about those little things than really mean so much.
Yesterday as I ate a raw carrot I saw the Sun in its core. It was amazing!!!
I'm very grateful to zen buddhism for having brought this kind of mindfulness to my life.

La petite chatte française, I'm almost at the point of being brave enough to post my pic... You must follow!
Before I post it, just out of curiosity... how do you picture me in your minds?
Remember, I'm 49.
Maybe I'm totally different than you imagine. And maybe not.  :lol:

go2grl

« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2007, 10:38:05 AM »

Pinkmug thank you for the article links - that was very interesting.  A good reminder to slow down and savor moments in your life.  But I did have to laugh too because at the end of reading this peaceful article there is an advertisment that proclaims in large letters "BLAST THE SLUDGE OUT OF YOUR COLON"

the contrast of the two had me ROFL!
Living La Vida SLD!

akhdar

« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2007, 12:02:56 AM »

Tudo de bom para voce em 2007, minha Magrinha querida. Que voce receber tudo que quiser dessa vida e nesse ano: amor, amizade, iluminacao, beijinhos, saude -- e a forma fisica ideal. Espero que o seu ano seja cheio de musica e da boa vida.

"Jokas"

Akhdar

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2007, 03:21:58 AM »

Pinkmug thank you for the article links - that was very interesting.  A good reminder to slow down and savor moments in your life.  But I did have to laugh too because at the end of reading this peaceful article there is an advertisment that proclaims in large letters "BLAST THE SLUDGE OUT OF YOUR COLON"

the contrast of the two had me ROFL!

LOL that was an extreme contrast!! I hadn't noticed  it - years of practice have made me impervious to advertisements!!  :)

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2007, 03:28:18 AM »

Tudo de bom para voce em 2007, minha Magrinha querida. Que voce receber tudo que quiser dessa vida e nesse ano: amor, amizade, iluminacao, beijinhos, saude -- e a forma fisica ideal. Espero que o seu ano seja cheio de musica e da boa vida.

"Jokas"

Akhdar

Ooooh você é amorosa!! Obrigada pela simpatia! Para mim só peço saúde, o resto acho que vem por acréscimo!
Para você, tudo o que eu desejo para mim e os meus mais queridos. E que nesse ano você seja mais glamorosa e poderosa que nunca!.... :)

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2007, 03:34:05 AM »

Oh almost forgot... this morning weigh-in... 2 lbs down! So I'm back to pre-christmas weight (134.2 lbs) :D

Ticker updated.

sammie

• Age 38, F, 5'10" started 9/23/06
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2007, 07:51:11 AM »

Another present!  Yay!  We'll all get back on track here...

go2grl

« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2007, 11:16:02 AM »

Very Cool Pinkmug and Sammie!  Nice whooshes going on.   :D
Living La Vida SLD!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 128   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18