Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Pinkmug's update, THREE (!!!) YEARS ON SLD!!!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 128   Go Down

Author Topic: Pinkmug's update, THREE (!!!) YEARS ON SLD!!!  (Read 461585 times)

tax1

A survey is in order. Seth might think of a couple (or a couple dozens...) questions about our physical/psycological condition (age, BMI, amount of weight to lose, workout habits, etc...) , background, lifestyle, nutrition habits, etc... Of course I volunteer to be one of the ten slow-losers to study, and so we have already me, Jenn, Marianna, Klgas, and probably Mamenie, and also Terio and Bean, though Bean is doing better lately, and... who else? As to the other ten, whom we so much envy  :mrgreen: well, my idea of the top ten losers would come in handy now.

I'm ready! I don't have any problem answering personal questions for such a survey. We've got to find out why this works differently for people.

I'd be willing to answer questions as part of the slow-losers study.  I have been curious as to why I keep losing inches but not much weight.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal

I wish Seth does find the time to make this survey, the questions must be really well thought. Time consuming, I guess, but useful!
I was 61 kg yesterday and 62 today but the scale was "hesitating" and pants are looser, so I think I'm going down. I'm hopeful for a low after Tom is gone.  8)
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

Jenn

• **~Feeling more ZEN every day~**
    • come listen to some of our tunes on myspace

Marianna,
   Have you tried SW?

Jenn
Drinking anything that feels good at the moment, not worrying about my body and feeling very, very good about that!
I am at a healthy weight and get slimmer/healthier every day!

Marianna

I have been trying it since you started it Jenn--I had tried it before to no effect, but I am trying to give it some more time this time--I must say that I am not yet experiencing much AS--as a matter of fact, I would say my food has been kind of out of control the last few days--but I am not giving up yet--it gets kind of discouraging being one of the failures here--

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!

Marianna!  You're not a failure!  There must be a tweak you haven't hit on yet.  Someone will figure it out.  Keep your chin up.  We're rooting for you!

T-Vix

Marianna

thanks Tek-girlie--I guess I am a little discouraged--maybe AS is just around the corner!

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!

I truly hope so!  It breaks my heart to see people who have stuck with it so long get so discouraged!  I feel kind of guilty for having success with the diet when others are struggling.  I wish I could figure out what's different.  I want everybody shopping in their closets and doing doggie dances after stepping on the scale in the morning!!! :D  I do believe there's an answer out there.  Your time is coming!

Happy Holidays!

T-Vix

mpq

• PA USA

:DI would love to be part of the slow losers club! I have gained 5 lbs since I posted my ticker. I absolutely am not going in to make a fatter ticker! However, I think it may be because we started WW and that is sooo different from Atkins. My poor body doesn't know what to think. So, I am just going to do my very best through the holidays, and keep trying. I recently switched to hot SW...
2 tbl in am, 2 tbl in pm, might try 1 in evening. A wonderful new year to everyone!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Jenn

I have been trying it since you started it Jenn--I had tried it before to no effect, but I am trying to give it some more time this time--I must say that I am not yet experiencing much AS--as a matter of fact, I would say my food has been kind of out of control the last few days--but I am not giving up yet--it gets kind of discouraging being one of the failures here--

Marianna,
   Yesterday  I did 1 TBS canola plus my 4 TBS sugar (divided in 2 servings).   And I was quite hungry.  I don't know why.  Glycemic load?  There is only 25 g of carb in 2 TBS of Sugar.  I have eaten surely more sugar than that in a piece of cake or a couple of cookies sooo....  I don't know why the AS was bad.

SO...
today, I did 2 TBS canola in the AM with a hot SW (2 TBS) and it was 5:00 AM,  I had my first bite to eat at 11:00 AM (a toast with peanut butter) that kept me going until 3:00, I had a little bit of broccoli with a cup of beef/noodle casserole that I made. 

I don't know what is making the AS good again.  All I can think is that I take some oil with the SW.  So the Flavorless calories are more and the oil slows the impact of the sugar.  Who knows?  Maybe you could try a combination of oil and sw.  I think also the Canola has a better AS effect on me.  So I don't know whether it is the oil or the SW that works.  Maybe both together.

Good luck, my heart is with you.  And...I have not lost any additional weight either, so we will see if it is a success in the long run.
Merry Christmas

Jenn
Drinking anything that feels good at the moment, not worrying about my body and feeling very, very good about that!

Marianna

well--so this is day four of SW and ELOO--and maybe there is a bit of AS--it isn't Thanksgiving Dinner AS--but more a kind of general satiety--I could still eat if I want, but I don't want more than a normal meal's worth--so far today I had a chicken breast in cream sauce left over from last night and 3 hours later a bit of apple cake--tonight I will have some chicken soup and some movie popcorn and that is probably going to be it--in addition to 1 Tbs ELOO and 4 Tbs SW--Thanks for the support and the ideas miss Jenn--and a merry xmas to you--

Jenn

well--so this is day four of SW and ELOO--and maybe there is a bit of AS--it isn't Thanksgiving Dinner AS--but more a kind of general satiety--I could still eat if I want, but I don't want more than a normal meal's worth--so far today I had a chicken breast in cream sauce left over from last night and 3 hours later a bit of apple cake--tonight I will have some chicken soup and some movie popcorn and that is probably going to be it--in addition to 1 Tbs ELOO and 4 Tbs SW--Thanks for the support and the ideas miss Jenn--and a merry xmas to you--

Marianna,
  Good luck.  Sometimes I notice that the AS is stronger than others.  I don't know why.  Today it is good too.  But a little less than yesterday.
Merry xmas

Jenn

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
Re: Pinkmug's update, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2007, 06:37:31 AM »

HAPPY NEW 2007 EVERYBODY

It's 2.30 pm of the first day of 2007... woke up with a headache and am trying to get rid of it. Maybe it was the champagne last night!.. It was fun, the temperature was great and we partied on the streets and had champagne at Park of Nations in Lisbon as we watched the beautiful fireworks.

Before I get a chance to read all new answers and new topics, which will take time, I just want to greet you all and wish you a wonderful year, may you achieve all the success you deserve!
SLD-wise too!
I don't know where I stand in terms of weight, I know I didn't take SLD calories from 23rd to 27th, then I took just the linseed (as I was flooded in omega 6 from all the fried goodies) but that was just for 2 days. I discovered that 2 T flaxseed oil gave me amazing AS. Something to explore as from tomorrow. I've had my last vacation days last week, so tomorrow everything goes back to normal (my schedules I mean).
But I know I stayed at 61 kg until the 28th or 29th then climbed up to 62, 62.5 (!!!) and today I haven't weighed myself before eating, but my "debris cleaning system" is now working OK so I expect to be back on track very soon.
Got to go, looking at the screen is making my headache worse  :(
Feliz Ano Novo, queridos!!!  :)
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
Re: Pinkmug's update, HAPPY NEW YEAR
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2007, 03:20:30 AM »

OK it's official, I gained 3 pounds during Xmas. Until the 27th I was the same weight, 134 lbs, but the next morning I was already at 137, until this morning. Not a bright start for the New year, I know. I'm not very happy or proud as you can imagine. (BAH! HUMBUG!)
Anyway, as a consolation, I ate everything I felt like eating.
New Year, new ticker, updated and all!
C-ya around, best of luck to you all.

French Cat

« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2007, 04:11:46 AM »

Back to metric, Pinkmug  ;-)

When we go up, kilos seem less than pounds! I took 1 kg for Christmas and was able to stay there for New Year.
Now let's get back on track !

PS : I didn't change my ticker,I decided that I would only change it on the way down  :shock:

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2007, 04:23:23 AM »

Back to metric, Pinkmug  ;-)

When we go up, kilos seem less than pounds! I took 1 kg for Christmas and was able to stay there for New Year.
Now let's get back on track !

PS : I didn't change my ticker,I decided that I would only change it on the way down :shock:

Yes, back to origins :)
And I ended up choosing a new ruler like your own... sorry  :( I''l fix that in a while. Edit: DONE!)
back on track, chère amie!... :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 128   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18