Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Pinkmug's update, THREE (!!!) YEARS ON SLD!!!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 128   Go Down

Author Topic: Pinkmug's update, THREE (!!!) YEARS ON SLD!!!  (Read 461934 times)

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
Pinkmug's update, THREE (!!!) YEARS ON SLD!!!
« on: September 26, 2006, 06:24:26 AM »

I changed my ticker to show weight in pounds instead of kilos. That's because I suddenly noticed a surge of newcomers and I think everybody is now from America. So it makes more sense to use lbs now.
Am I the only non-American here now??? By the way, where's Dana? Annie from Singapore? Marbella? Akhdar and Jenn took a break, I know, and what about V.Morais? Chanchan? Anyways, 1000 members ago this place was quieter but all of you newbies are very welcome, may you find here positive results to your quest for a leaner body, a healthier life, greater self esteem! I'm rooting for you!     8)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 04:00:29 AM by Pinkmug »
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

Marianna

I'm still here--reading rather than posting much--

spacehoppa

• England

Hey, don't forget me Pinkmug... I'm from the UK! Although that doesn't mean I understand kilos yet...
Female, 35 yrs, started SLD 3rd May 2006, Start weight 196, Currently pregnant

bean

Hey I'm a Brit too!

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal

Hi, Marianna - Yes, I noticed some of your posts lately! You've overtaken me in number of posts  :)

Hey, Spacehoppa, your ticker is very encouraging! I'm glad to see that!

And bean, I know you well, "slow loser" like me. I didn't know you're in the UK though. So, at least 3 Europeans in the board presently.

I wonder what is the response of the Brits to this diet? Here in Portugal where the book hasn't been published yet the diet is unknown, everybody stares at me when I talk about it, you know that stare like "this girl is in need of urgent psychiatric care". But I know it's only a matter of time until it becomes popular. What bugs me is this is an olive /olive oil producing country and I can't find ELOO. I also searched for coconut oil and couldn't find any.

Anyway - 6 lbs are gone painlessly, and I'm almost done with TOM without gaining weight. Spectacular! Things are looking up. Slowly, but they are!  8)

A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

bean

6lbs is fantastic! It's a pain being a slow loser, but at least it's happening. Right now I'm consoling myself with smoothie experimentations, and tons of psyllium husks. That stuff is just like wallpaper paste once it's mixed, but it does fill you up. Also I've been drinking 'honegar' which is a mixture of cider vinegar and honey, and seems to take the edge off my appetite a bit. It occured to me because I crave very very sour apples to a stupid extent, perhaps cider vineger would be the answer to my craving's call. And strangely, it is having a bit of an effect. Maybe my stomach isn't acidic enough without it?

Anyway, if we keep experimenting, and sharing our results, we'll learn loads. Already this forum has taught me so much about the physical and psychological aspect of appetite and body weight, that I feel like I've got to start losing soon!

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal

Hmm, "honegar" sounds interesting. I'm trying that too. Smoothies and bland food seem to work for me, too. After I take them I feel satisfied, just to the right amount, not overstuffed like when I eat ditto foods!
You're right about the board, we have to share our experiences. Otherwise, we'd be waiting forever for a solution. Seth is absolutely right about the "donut truth" that the medical class advises!

Rabin the Cat

Hey, you're almost halfway to goal!

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
    • http://ethesis.blogspot.com/

I changed my ticker to show weight in pounds instead of kilos. That's because I suddenly noticed a surge of newcomers and I think everybody is now from America. So it makes more sense to use lbs now.
Am I the only non-American here now??? By the way, where's Dana? Annie from Singapore? Marbella? Akhdar and Jenn took a break, I know, and what about V.Morais? Chanchan? Anyways, 1000 members ago this place was quieter but all of you newbies are very welcome, may you find here positive results to your quest for a leaner body, a healthier life, greater self esteem! I'm rooting for you!     8)

I checked http://www.sitemeter.com/?a=stats&s=sm9ethesis&r=89 and I'm amazed at where people are coming from.

Athens, Attiki -- Macintosh MacOSX
Khon Kaen
Bathgate, West Lothian
Cagayan de Oro -- Linux UNIX --    Philippines
West Lothian -- I.E. 7.0
HaiDong City, QingHai Province
University of New South Wales -- Firefox
Fort McMurray -- Alberta

Etc.

So, on my blog, the non-USA contingent continues.

akhdar

Magrinha,

Vou para o bercinho (ja que sao as 3 da manha aqui na California), mas tinha que lhe contar o que escuto agora (saudades!)...acho que a cancao foi escrita por Chico Buarque mas a versao que tenho e do Caetano. E deve ser a minha cancao preferida (la com "Terra" e "Voce nao entende nada"):

Eu faço samba e amor até mais tarde
E tenho muito sono de manhã
Escuto a correria da cidade, que arde
E apressa o dia de amanhã

De madrugada a gente ainda se ama
E a fábrica começa a buzinar
O trânsito contorna a nossa cama, reclama
Do nosso eterno espreguiçar

No colo da bem-vinda companheira
No corpo do bendito violão
Eu faço samba e amor a noite inteira
Não tenho a quem prestar satisfação

E tenho muito mais o que fazer
Escuto a correria da cidade, que alarde
Será que é tão difícil amanhecer?

Não sei se preguiçoso ou se covarde
Debaixo do meu cobertor de lã
E tenho muito sono de manhã

Vou chorar! Waaaah!

Beijinhos e desejos para que o seu dia seja glorioso!

Akhdar

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal

That was sweet! My faves are by Caetano, Maria Bethania, Vinicius, Jobim and a lot more!

Bons sonhos! Aqui já são 11 da manhã e está um lindo dia!
Vá, dorme bem, amanhã falamos mais! BJS (sms-language abbreviation of beijos, and we can also write JOKAS, for beijocas).  8)

akhdar

What??? No Amalia Rodrigues?

Okay, now I really am going to bed.

Boa Noite e ate mais!

(JOKAS)

Akh.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal

Oh, sure, Amalia and Carlos do Carmo - I'm not a fado appreciator really, but I love those 2. Amalia was unique!
I was just mentioning my Brazilian faves. And Chico Buarque is one too of course!
Now, get your beauty sleep!
Sweet dreams are made of this, who am I to disagree, travel the world and the seven seas, everybody is looking for something  :)

lvivianka

I am so happy there are members from many countries here - when I finally will travel and people will see me drinking oil, they might know about SLD. slowly we can spread the word.

Jenn

• **~Feeling more ZEN every day~**
    • come listen to some of our tunes on myspace

Hey Pinkmug!!!

I am still here too.....I am not from the US.  OK, Canada is a bit boring...but Quebec is definitely very cultural!  And I have 100% European genes! :wink:

Not really losing any more pounds....YET :D

Jenn
Drinking anything that feels good at the moment, not worrying about my body and feeling very, very good about that!
I am at a healthy weight and get slimmer/healthier every day!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 128   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18