sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I'm on day 5. I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THIS WORKS!!!! I told my sister about it and while she scoffed at first she's on Day 2 and as ecstatic as I am. My appetite is a fraction of what it used to be and I no longer have trouble drinking the oil (in fact, I look forward to it because I know what it's going to do for me).  I'm totally confident that I'm going to be able to lose the 20 lbs of baby weight.  I'm telling you, I could cry. -- Katy

Poll

If you have tried oil as part of SLD, what has been your experience?

I had no trouble digesting it
- 29 (54.7%)
I had trouble digesting it at first, but after a few days I was fine
- 11 (20.8%)
I had trouble digesting it at first, but after about a week I was fine
- 8 (15.1%)
I had trouble digesting it at first, but after several weeks I was fine
- 0 (0%)
I had trouble digesting it at first, and after a few days gave up -- the problem hadn't gone away
- 1 (1.9%)
I had trouble digesting it at first, and after about a week gave up -- the problem hadn't gone away
- 1 (1.9%)
I had trouble digesting it at first, and after several weeks gave up -- the problem hadn't gone away
- 0 (0%)
none of the above (please explain)
- 3 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: October 17, 2006, 05:11:59 am

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poll: Trouble digesting oil?  (Read 6411 times)

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
Poll: Trouble digesting oil?
« on: September 26, 2006, 05:09:59 am »

Some people have trouble digesting some oils. The problem will go away as the body makes the necessary enzymes. The goal of this poll is to learn how common this problem is and how llong it takes to adjust.

CarolS

Re: Poll: Trouble digesting oil?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 05:25:18 am »

Said other because have no problem with 1 tbs of ELOO once a day, but twice a day got bad indigestion.  1 tbs of ELOO and 1tbs of some other oil later is not a problem.

TalkingRat

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 10:59:44 am »

Great topic.   I hope those who took longer than a couple days comment on it.

I noticed my stomach with ELOO, but two weeks into SLD I added walnut as my evening dose, and had no stomach sensation at all with the walnut.  I wasn't noticing the ELOO at that point, but by contrast there was still a little stomach discomfort.  The first 4-5 days, it was like false hunger pains; ice chips in water fixed that.  The "noticing my stomach" thing never went completely away with ELOO  -- until I switched to a new bottle -- and now I can take 2T all at once.  So, I'd say the batch can make a difference.  I have a sensitive stomach; daily anti-inflammatories wreck a stomach lining.  ELOO had been my baking/cooking oil, and I did the gradual start of 1T once a day for two days, then went up to 1T twice a day. 

I have been wondering if sugarwater with oil might aid digestion.  I tried that a couple times, with a teaspoon sugar, but not enough to know if it made a difference.

bekel

• Global Moderator
  • I <3 omega-3s
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 02:56:00 pm »

I remember reading that some of the other rats reported that adding a pinch of sugar or chasing the oil with sugar water helped out with the tummy troubles.

Proud member of Lab Rats United, noseclipped unit: Tested on since May 18, 2006.

Denise

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 05:03:29 pm »

I put none of the above because I still get occasional diarrhea after I take it (feel very flush and fainty then have to go), but it only happens once in a while.  I take it first thing in the morning, when I take it, which I've been really bad at lately.  Taking it after not taking it for a week or two didn't do it, and I've taken it multiple days in a row and  had it happen somewhere in between.  I do notice that if I've eaten the evening before it tends to happen more, but that's the only correlation. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18