Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Noseclipping for crazy people

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Noseclipping for crazy people  (Read 26398 times)

Kirk

Re: Noseclipping for crazy people
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 08:02:44 PM »

There's an index of threads about noseclipping at http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5948.0

I'm slowly working through them, because, in my work, I continuously rediscover that looking at data yields interesting and useful insights.   

Century

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2008, 03:13:16 PM »

Sorry for the basic question - is it best to eat all your food noseclipped, or just the oil?

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 03:58:51 PM »

It depends on you, and your preferences.

I personally do not noseclip. I don't like having to chew with my mouth open.   :)
but Heidi555 noseclips a lot of her food.
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

Century

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 07:38:51 AM »

Does anyone have any good tips as to how to rid flavor from your mouth after a meal? Rinsing my mouth doesn't seem to get rid of everything, and I can't stand my noseclip long enough to simply wait for the flavor to dissipate. Any suggestions?

Heidi 555

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 10:28:46 AM »

Do you know about breathing in through the nose out through your mouth a few times to clear the nasal passages?  Some people rinse with salt water or sugar water.  Brush your teeth with salt or baking soda.  I drink a glass of water.  You can also consume a calorie free flavor (CFF) right before you take them off.  That technique is tricky and still experimental, because your body could form a new flavor association with the CFF.  But I occasionally use celery or a flavorless herb tea to end my meal.  If you continue to consume the calorie free flavor by itself, it will probably work fine.  You could buy more comfortable nose clips.  Hope some of these suggestions help.
It took 1 year of nose clipping
to lose 20 pounds (from about 140 to 120)
Dropped from size 8-10 to size 4
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

bryanlevey

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2008, 08:44:46 AM »

Thanks for the noseclip link.

Bryan

(down 12, 72 to go)

exexpat

• The Expat Woman's Guide to Living in Bangkok
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2008, 08:36:18 AM »

Thank you for bringing up this thread and for the other references to noseclipping. In three days I will have been on the SLD for a month and have only lost two pounds. My portions have decreased quite a bit, I do not snack in between meals and I take 2 1/2 tablespoons of oil per day at 155 pounds. I have not altered my diet other than decreasing the portions at mealtime, so it looks like noseclipping might be the answer.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18