Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
new and nervous

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new and nervous  (Read 1209 times)

pizza11

new and nervous
« on: September 25, 2006, 04:10:36 PM »

Hey everybody!
     I just started the diet today.  I had the sugar water in the morning and the oil tonight.  I have to admit...I don't feel any less hungry.  I know in the book it said most people take about a week for it to work, did you guys find that to be true?  I am reallly hoping this works as the main reason I can never stick to anything is because I have such strong cravings and always feel hungry!  After looking through these forumns, I notice a lot of of people have lost weight but there were some that didn't.  I really hope I'm not going to be one of them! 

Marianna

Re: new and nervous
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 04:13:31 PM »

I would maybe start just with oil, and work up to two tablespoons of oil per day--the sugar water has a way of making some people hungry--better to keep it simple at first--

good luck on your journey

Marianna

BarbH

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 04:24:21 PM »

Hey everybody!
     most people take about a week for it to work, did you guys find that to be true?  

Hi  & welcome.  I think that it differes with most everyone.  The appetite suppression for me began on about the 3rd day and continued to grow for about a week.  The cravings, which I had only in the evenings due to bad, bad habits, did not diminish that quickly.  Seems like I struggled with those bad snacking habits for a couple of weeks.  Then it all came together and my appetite became a steady and quiet part of me.   It's really wonderful.  I feel like I'm in control for once and not the food around me. 

The important thing is to be patient and pay attention to your desire for food.  I found that when I did want to eat I could make healthy choices now and not overeat.  An apple rather than Blue Bell Ice cream.    8)  I'm still amazed!

Good luck - I hope it works well for you.  I'll bet that it does.

Best - BarbH

bekel

• Global Moderator
  • I <3 omega-3s
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 05:08:37 PM »

The sugar water tends to make people hungry, but there are those folks who have better appetite suppression with sugar water only or with sugar water and oil.

I'm with Marianna--start with the oil only at first and see how that works. Everyone has a different response to the oil. Some lose and have appetite suppression immediately, others take a bit. It's all about self-experimentation.

I'm one of the slow losers. If you're one of us, you'll be in good company.

Proud member of Lab Rats United, noseclipped unit: Tested on since May 18, 2006.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18