Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Beginning Today

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beginning Today  (Read 1458 times)

meredithgrace

Beginning Today
« on: September 24, 2006, 09:51:47 PM »

Okay, so I am ready to try this thing!  I lost a  lot of weight while breastfeeding my daughter-- got below my pre-pregnancy weight without even trying, but when I stopped 7 months ago, all my weight slowly came back.  I kept on eating like I did while breastfeeding (stupid, I know) and had lost the benefit of burning lots of calories while literally just sitting there.  I now remember so much how good it felt to be rid of that weight, so I am desperate to try something new.  I am a snacker and just a plain old over-eater, so I am really hoping that this diet will change my life.  the amount of weight I want to lose (60 lbs.) sounds absolutely astronomical to me right now, but I know that I just have to take it one pound at a time.  Wish me luck-- I will keep my progess posted! 

Devorah

Re: Beginning Today
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 07:33:27 AM »

You will do great!!!  Take one day at a time and know that eating small amounts like 100-200 calories every 3-4 hours is probably your best bet since you are used to snacking.   My husband has just lost 15 lbs without really trying by increasing the amount of times a day he eats but reducing the amount to this smaller calorie amount.  I am doing the oil though and will start doing the small amounts 6 times a day.   You will do great and lose and be at your goal in no time...if you don't get ahead of yourself!!  One day a t a time!  Nothing to eat an hour on either side of your oil!!  Don't look back and lament any mess up yesterday, do what you know to do next time!!!  Keep posting your success!!   You go girl!!   :D
Devorah
Psalm 119

amiclvrt

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 08:49:59 AM »

Good luck Meredith. I started yesterday and am very encouraged by almost immediate response to loss of appetite and loss of obsession for food. I look forward to beginning this journey with you!  :P

meredithgrace

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 09:26:24 AM »

Thanks for the encouragement!!  I took my first oil when I got up this morning (2 Tbsp).  I took the light olive oil with some water.  I really expected it to be horrible, but it wasn't bad at all.  I wasn't hungry at all after that-- though it could be placebo effect.  I ate a bowl of cereal at 10:30-- mostly because I knew I needed to have something in my stomach to take my medicine.  Now it's 12:30 where I live and still no snacking-- that is a big accomplishment for me!  I am so glad to have the company here in the forum-- it is good to have buddies who know what you are experiencing first hand. 

One Question:  My biggest challenge will be the mid-afternoon block-- that's when I have the most cravings for snack-food.  Should I wait to take my second dose of oil at that time (with the hour before and after, of course)?  Does that approach work for most of you? 

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 09:34:41 AM »

One Question:  My biggest challenge will be the mid-afternoon block-- that's when I have the most cravings for snack-food.  Should I wait to take my second dose of oil at that time (with the hour before and after, of course)?  Does that approach work for most of you? 

Per the theory, it doesn't make any difference. It's all about getting a certain percentage of your calories without flavor for some period of time.

In practice, people report variation in appetite suppression as they experiment with the most convenient dosing times.  I don't think it's as tidy as "I take the oil at noon so I won't be hungry at 4," though certainly many people approach it this way. Because that's an approach that seems to make sense.

It takes a while for the SLD effect to make intuitive sense. Happily, it's a very forgiving process.
Running weight tally:

TalkingRat

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 09:40:28 AM »

Meredith, timing it helped me early on, before appetite supression built up.  I was an evening snacker, so I took my second dose an hour or so after dinner.  The caloric effect isn't nearly as strong as SLD appetite supression (AS), but it helped me at first.

meredithgrace

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 03:38:31 PM »

Good to know!  I think, upon reexamination, that I will wait and take my second dose an hour after dinner.  So far, I have noticed that I definitely feel full faster-- at dinner, I only ate about 1/2 of what I usually eat, and I felt completely full.  Thanks again for your encouragement and advice! 

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18