Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
An Observation

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An Observation  (Read 15723 times)

Melissa

An Observation
« on: May 09, 2006, 07:03:29 AM »

Yesterday was day 4 for me.  I have lost 3 pounds so far.  A few things I have noticed...

1.  I still get hungry every 3-4 hours as is normal for me, yet I don't necessarily want to eat.  I know that sounds strange but I very easily ignore my hunger.

2.  When I do think about what I am going to eat, I automatically think about smaller portions.  For example, yesterday I went to get pizza for lunch.  I usually get 2 slices and then think about what to snack on after that (i.e., cookies, a brownie).  This time, on my way over to the pizza place I thought "One slice should be plenty." 

3. Also, after I eat I no longer get that craving for sweets.  I have had that problem my whole life, and now it is gone.

I am taking 2 Tbsp. twice a day of ELOO.  I may up it to three and see what happens. Just for the sake of experimentation...

joyful

Re: An Observation
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 07:14:04 AM »

Hi Melissa,
I just started yesterday.  I found your observations really interesting. 

I too noticed yesterday that I did get hungry (I took my first dose of oil at 10 a.m. and didn't get hungry until 2 pm), but that I wasn't looking to eat everything in the kitchen.  Same thing at dinner last night.  I ate much smaller portions.

I can relate to a lot of what you shared.  Now if I could just tolerate swallowing the oil.....ugh.

Looking forward to reading more of your updates/observations.

Melissa

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 07:29:51 AM »

Hi Joyful!

The first day I used the oil I thought I would gag.  Yuck!!  From reading these forums I learned how to do it in a way that is not so bad.  That's not to say it's fun, but it's tolerable!! :lol:

Take a tablespoon of oil, hold your nose (I know there is no taste but it makes a difference), put the spoon far back on your tongue and pour it in.  You will still get the oil on the back of your tongue but not in your whole mouth.  Then, while still holding your nose, take a swig or two of cold water.  This has made it much easier for me.

I will continue to update my progress.  Best of luck to you!

LowerBoy

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 01:04:58 AM »

Try mixing the oil right into the water and drinking that down. (it won't be a real mix, there'll be a film on top).
i find that much easier.

- lb
LowerBoy, quick stats:
Male, 29 y/o, 5'10'' Start date: 5/5/2006

Melissa

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 06:51:49 AM »

LowerBoy,
I'm thinking of trying that today.  It would be nice if it meant no longer dreading my oil doses!!
Thanks

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 10:58:26 AM »

Yesterday was day 4 for me.  I have lost 3 pounds so far.  A few things I have noticed...

1.  I still get hungry every 3-4 hours as is normal for me, yet I don't necessarily want to eat.  I know that sounds strange but I very easily ignore my hunger.

That happened to me for the first month or two.  I don't feel the hunger any where near like that now, but it is good to read about someone else having the same experience.

Melissa

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 11:30:25 AM »

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your response.  I am hoping the hunger subsides.  As I said, it is relatively easy to ignore and when I do eat it doesn't take much at all to make me feel satisfied.  It would be nice to feel hunger less often.  I'm sticking with it and will post my results for the end of the week tomorrow.

Thanks

CoCoinBonita

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 04:13:54 PM »

Wow, glad to know that I am not the only one who feels hungry!  I am on day 7, but I actually have not done the oil since yesterday morning.  Pants feel tighter, but I dare not get on the scale, at least not today.  I feel those extra oil related calories may be adding on some undesired weight.

I will take the oil tonight and then religiously over the next week and see what happens. 

I also mix the oil in a bit of water, and this makes it less yucky!

Love reading these posts.

thank you all

CoCoinBonita

leslee

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 05:34:13 PM »

I am also glad to hear other pleople are hungery-same as you melissa, it is easy to not eat- a wierd feeling. i was going to try up my oil to 2tbl. 2times a day but that just seems like so much oil.( I don't have a problem getting the oil down)  I am not going to give up  because this is the first time I do not have any night time cravings-hunger yes- but no voice saying eat now i want sugar and carbs!

GilbertZ

• DiamondRing.com
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2006, 12:17:52 AM »

I'm curious what you ate. Did you have lots of sugar?

I bet you will feel less hungry if you try an atkins style diet, which is probably a very good way to go when you lose the inital weight. I say that because while Seth's book is great about the setpoint thing, no study has been done to determine what your body does to take down the weight. If you reduce calories your body tends to use both fat AND muscle to "feed" your body what it needs. If you increase your protein intake, you will likely lose more fat than muscle.

Stephen M (Ethesis)

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2006, 08:20:36 AM »

I'm curious what you ate. Did you have lots of sugar?

I bet you will feel less hungry if you try an atkins style diet, which is probably a very good way to go when you lose the inital weight. I say that because while Seth's book is great about the setpoint thing, no study has been done to determine what your body does to take down the weight. If you reduce calories your body tends to use both fat AND muscle to "feed" your body what it needs. If you increase your protein intake, you will likely lose more fat than muscle.

What I did was make sure to watch my protien, to get enough grams every day, but I didn't go Atkins (my mind doesn't run the same without the sugar).

As long as you get enough protien for your proper size/exercise patterns, you should be fine.

Melissa

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2006, 09:02:59 AM »

I'm a vegetatrian, but I eat plenty of protein every day.  For my weight/age I need about 45 grams a day and I get at least that if not more.  I eat plenty of tofu, soy, beans, etc.  And most of my carbs are from low glycemic carbs (brown rice, etc.). I actually eat very little sugar now, since starting the oil my sugar cravings have essentially dissapeared.

GilbertZ

• DiamondRing.com
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2006, 09:09:31 AM »

It does seem some people here are having a sugar induced craving. Glad the oil worked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18