Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Hi! I'm going to explode.

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi! I'm going to explode.  (Read 3517 times)

Shawk

Hi! I'm going to explode.
« on: May 12, 2006, 03:42:19 PM »

Hello,

I'm on my third day of Shangri-La. I am not doing the sugar water b/c me and sugar don't get along. Of course, I found out the first day that me and oil don't really get along either (standing in the middle of my kitchen, eyes bugging out, realizing I can either swallow the oil or spray it all over the room...) I'm taking a tablespoon of ELOO first thing in the morning and last thing at night (I know we don't have to do it that way but it works better for me.) I'm mixing it with water -- thanks very much for suggesting that. I am not attempting to "eat better".. I'm just going along and seeing what happens.

Yesterday I had no breakfast, a normal lunch, and went out for dinner. At dinner I remembered what Seth said about changing flavors so I ordered something offbeat. It arrived, seemed pretty large portion, but I cleaned my plate. It tasted fine. Different but not anything really weird.

About an hour later I had a horrible, horrible stomachache and headache. I dragged myself home and managed to get to sleep. Woke up in the morning and I was fine.

Today had a sandwich and some veggies for lunch. Polished off the sandwich, looked at the veggies and thought, "You have got to be kidding me." Ate 'em anyway, and left there feeling like I had had three Thanksgiving dinners, but did not, thankfully, repeat the stomachache.

So I have two questions.

1) I understand that the normal "full signal" is about 20 minutes when eating. How long are you giving it?

2)  How are you differentiating between habit-eating and haveto-eating? For example, right now, I physically feel stuffed. But my brain is saying "Oh, you ate six hours ago, you should eat again." I can imagine eating again, but I can also imagine exploding! How are you handling this?

Thanks! Shawk

Pat

• Shangri-La Diet Journey
Re: Hi! I'm going to explode.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 07:28:36 PM »

I am still getting used to it.

I have only been on the diet for 2 days, but so far what I have done is to eat at my normal mealtimes, but to eat a lot less than I normally eat.

Then, I only snack when I really feel hungry.

Except today, I was reading, and I usually snack while I read, so I snacked even though I didn't feel hungry.  I felt awfully full afterward.  I don't think I will do that again.

I am also trying to eat more healthy stuff.  For one thing, my body seems to "want" more healthy stuff.  Also, I think since I am already getting enough sugar (I am on the sugar water), I don't need more sugar, so I am trying to stay away from more sweets and eat healthier.

Denise

Re: Hi! I'm going to explode.
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 09:31:21 AM »

Smaller portions are the key.  Get (or make) half a sandwich instead.  There is also a thread on pre-to-go-boxing half your meal.  My mom has for years ordered off the appetizer menu for dinner at times.  Those tend to be smaller portions.  I went out to lunch with some people Thursday, and although I wasn't hungry, it was really good.  But I ate slower, so by the time they were finished (either ordering to-go boxes or plates cleaned) I was halfway through.  So that worked well.  I didn't even ask for a to-go box, no dittos!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18