Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Melissa's Progress

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Melissa's Progress  (Read 4705 times)

Melissa

Melissa's Progress
« on: May 08, 2006, 09:36:49 AM »

A little about me...

I am 31 years old and have struggled with binge eating/compulsive eating my whole life.  I wasn't very overweight until I hit my college years.  At my highest I was 210 and 5'6".  I have been maintaining a weight of 187 for a couple of years now.  My goal is to get down to 135.  I have struggled so much with this.  I run 5 days a week, eat healthy (I am a vegetarian) and try to keep my calories down.  Yet eating less is always a struggle and I decided to stop dieting a couple of years ago because everytime I dieted (i.e., starved) I ended up binging and that just made me more miserable.  I thought I would give this a shot since there was no diet involved, just a way to suppress the appetite. Most days prior to starting this I would struggle to stay between 1800-2100 calories and my weight would never budge.  I knew I had to find a way to eat less without feeling deprived.  I started 3 days ago on 5/5.

5/5: 187
5/8: 184  :P

3 pounds in 3 days.  Amazing!!!  I am so happy!  I take one tablespoon of ELOO twice a day.  I may up it to 3 tablespoons for a little more appetite control, although the 2 seem to be working fine.  I think about food less and am satisfied with much less.  Also, my craving for sweets after meals is gone.  Good luck to all of you!  I will post my progress again at the end of the week!

Laleanne

Re: Melissa's Progress
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 03:21:42 PM »

wow, that's amazing progress.

I am also running 5 days a week, my goal is also close to 135. And i've had the same diet cycle you've gone through. I would love to hear how your progress is going.
Leanne

siren

Re: Melissa's Progress
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 03:03:12 PM »

Hi Melissa

I am about the same age 32 and weight and my goal is to get to 125 pounds as this is where I used to be in college. Glad to know that AS is working for you. I restarted SLD after months of half-heartedly doing it with the intent of being consistent. Like you I am thinking about food far less and I am also happy with less! I usually crave sugar after every meal (habit?) but what I have started doing is having a couple of sticks of gum after a meal (just till the sweet wears off). Its working remarkably well.

I have joined the gym today and plan to exercise there in 45 minute chunks ideally 4 days a week but plan to start with as much as I can take. I am sure this is going to help.

best,
GH
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18