Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Ani's progress

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Ani's progress  (Read 58518 times)

losing-it

Re: Ani's progress
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2007, 12:50:47 PM »

PS losing-it, did you say you were a poet?  I love the little poems you post under your tickers, clever and pretty.

Didn't say... :wink: but thanks, glad you like them. I thought I might change the ticker and add different text from time to time for the fun of it. I'm hoping readers who saw the recent "flutterby" ditty would catch the tango rhythm in the arrangement and the o's.

popsta

« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2007, 03:41:33 AM »

In fact, not more than an hour ago, I bought two new B-cup bras (and told the shop girls about SLD while I was at it!).

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ani

« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2007, 03:47:00 PM »

I apologize for nudging the topic from audio boob metaphors back to ME, but I'm not sure where else to post my own reports.  :D

My news is this: I'm suddenly feeling a little sheepish about all the complaining I've been doing this month. I just hit a new low. It's not going on the ticker because I'm having a mite of trouble with the ticker site, but it's making me pretty happy.

plztmetya

« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2007, 06:35:15 PM »

How low did you go Ani? Fill us in Please!!!!

ani

« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2007, 09:20:33 PM »

150. It's been two days so it's on the ticker, but  PMS week is starting so I expect it'll bounce back up soon. Also, it occurs to me that this merits a post in the Milestones thread, for reasons I'll explain over there.

(plztmetya, I only just now figured out your username -- I'd been thinking it was Slavic!)

plztmetya

« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2007, 09:13:20 AM »

Ani, CONGRATS  on the 150. My name is very basic if ya sound it out. LOL!!! Not even sure where it came from. Just fell out of my head one day. LOL!!!

ani

« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2007, 09:17:40 PM »

So until this morning I hadn't cruised back down to 150 since a week and a bit ago when I entered it on the ticker. I had an anomalous leap up to 155 a few days ago, and have been at 151-152 since then. I'm not too worried about it, but it will sure be nice if I turn out still to be down there tomorrow or the next time I weigh myself. I retrieved yet another pair of archival jeans, formerly ludicrously small, that fit fine now. That's nice.

I've been getting a lot more exercise lately: three dance classes this week, plus longer stretches of trotting around the neighborhood with my dog. The days are getting visibly longer and that helps.

Lately I've found myself bored with the food I've been making. I think I'll have to cruise around somes cookbooks and websites for inspiration. (Though I'm not sure I can figure out when I'm supposed to do this, what with my job and freelance stuff and everything else.) Sammie, you're a food writer, aren't you? Any suggestions?

hypatia

• SLD Tracking Data
« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2007, 08:42:41 AM »

Congrats on 150, Ani!

I'm always on the lookout for cookbooks that are designed for solo cooks or small-batches (for "built-in" portion control and to reduce leftovers).  I've found two good ones so far that include nutritional info, in case you're tracking your calories:

EatingWell Serves Two (http://www.amazon.com/EatingWell-Serves-Two-Healthy-Suppers/dp/0881507237)
Weight Watchers Dining for Two (you can find that one on Ebay or by calling these people (http://www.ww-wmi.com/section.asp?categoryID=15&sectionID=218)).

I also torture myself by looking at food blogs (http://shangrila-diet.livejournal.com/friends/Food).  Most of them are geared for 4-6 servings, but occasionally you find a gem of a recipe that's designed for 1-2 people: http://orangette.blogspot.com/2007/01/brown-bag-it.html.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 07:58:28 AM by hypatia »

ani

« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2007, 10:49:18 PM »

Thanks, Hypatia. I'll check those out.

ani

« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2007, 11:22:54 AM »

It's been a long time, so I'd better check in with you all.

I guess you might call this last month or so a plateau, in that I've only lost a pound, but it doesn't feel that way. I'm eating well, getting plenty of exercise, and though I haven't been measuring, I'm pretty sure I'm getting smaller and solider around the middle. Plus my period is on its way, so according to my usual pattern I should show some change on the scale within the week.

On a hunch I've recently been experimenting with a variation on smoothies, using xanthan gum to thicken them into puddings or "gloppies." This gives appetite suppression you wouldn't believe, but also a little gastrointestinal turbulence, so it's best reserved for extreme situations.

I'm about to hop on a plane again. We'll be celebrating my dad's birthday, so there will be lots of food and wine. I'm not going to worry about it. I plan to walk all over town, trust in SLD, and count on the virtue of unfamiliarity.

ani

« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2007, 01:07:19 PM »

Just checking back in.

The scale hasn't been moving lately -- no change since I last posted. So that's a pound in six weeks, hmm. On the other hand, I'm still maintaining a ~1300-calorie average, with oil, and I've been working out a lot and I'm developing a nice waist indentation. So I guess it's -- what was it losing-it said recently? "Muscle developing under the flabbola?"

Also, it occurred to me this morning that I haven't missed a dose of oil since I started in August!

losing-it

« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2007, 03:09:08 PM »

Love those nice waist indentations... :) seeing the muscle and tone developing is just as good as seeing the weight go down in numbers on the scale, really.

ani

« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2007, 12:57:26 PM »

And no sooner did I post that the scale wasn't moving than, well, it did. Two days at 148, so that's what's going on the ticker.

Plus I just got offered a gig teaching bellydance on Tuesday nights, and I think I'll probably go for it.

losing-it

« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2007, 01:54:57 PM »

And no sooner did I post that the scale wasn't moving than, well, it did. Two days at 148, so that's what's going on the ticker.

Plus I just got offered a gig teaching bellydance on Tuesday nights, and I think I'll probably go for it.

kewl jewels! Congrats on both accounts, ani! I can hear that sinuous chiftatelli now.

ani

« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2007, 05:39:10 PM »

I need to remember that my appetite works now. The night before last I came home specifically ravenous for, of all things, a cheese-and-onion sandwich on black bread. I had one, along with some broccoli. For the rest of the evening I was perfectly content, and then in the morning finally had a second day in a row at 147, so I changed the ticker.

That's twenty pounds since I got my scale. I'd hoped to be halfway done by my birthday on the weekend. Doesn't look like that's going to happen, but it'll be close. And I do feel good.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18