sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you experience AS [appetite suppression], it's almost like a drug. You're not craving foods. Food is in the background - your other life is in the forefront. -- Deedee

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Ani's progress  (Read 38024 times)

ani

Re: Ani's progress
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2007, 08:52:31 pm »

The holidays were fine, but this last week's been tough. I can't explain why, but I've been RAVENOUS. After a big holiday whoosh I'd hoped to be cracking 150 by the end of the month, but I now feel bloaty and sodden and full of doubts. Sleepy and unmotivated, too.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2007, 01:40:59 am »

Sorry to hear that. Maybe our setpoints rise because of holiday goodies and they take time to lower again. Hang in there and relax, anxiety won't do us any good...
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

plztmetya

« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2007, 05:37:52 pm »

I agree with Pinkmug. Just hang in there. I also am feeling bloaty. I have a feeling it is all the sugary stuff. I didn't have a lot, but I ate what I wanted and had a ton left to pick at. It is finally all gone so there is no more temptation. I went from 2tbsp to 3 TBS ELOO this morning at 7:30am.  I ate nothing until 2:00pm except 1 large cup of coffee. I only ate at 2:00 because I had to take my lunch break at work and I realized I had eaten nothing all day. I had 1 cup of leftover pasta from last nights dinner that I brought to work. Then I fixed a stir fry and wild rice for dinner and had 1 cup of each plus some creamed corn for dinner at 7:30 only because I figured I needed to eat again. I haven't been hungry at all today whereas I was ravenous just 2 days ago and eating carbs. Maybe the 3 tbsp will work. Maybe I just need a little more for some reason. We'll see. Good luck all.   

ani

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2007, 10:24:16 pm »

Hmm, I don't know. I didn't have much sugary stuff over the holidays -- a little at Christmas, but nothing at New Year. And then around the middle of last week I had a big bounce up, and it's only sliding back down now. I haven't had any bad episodes, I'm just hungry and I've been eating a little more than usual of regular healthy foods -- this month, according to Fitday, I'm running more like 14-1500 than the 12-1300 calories I was averaging before. Hardly any grains, and none of those refined. Lean protein, lots of vegetables, green tea, all the good stuff.

It's been five months and fifteen pounds. Looking back, I guess three pounds a month is OK. I don't want to battle my appetite for more; learning to trust it is the best thing about SLD. But once again I do envy those of you who've had strong appetite suppression.

Someone in another thread -- I'm sorry, I can't remember who it was -- posted something about seeing a picture and realizing they still had a long way to go. I guess I'm feeling a bit like that now, especially so after all the holiday photography.  I'm 5'2" with smallish hips and relatively long legs, so I wear low-rise jeans in misleadingly small sizes, but with a kingsize chest (and a very short torso, not much room for a waist) on top I still look comically and discouragingly...cubical.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 11:24:27 pm by ani »

plztmetya

« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2007, 04:21:50 pm »

As long as you are healthy and heading downward, I wouldn't worry too much about the "cubical thing" We are all built differently. I am very tall(5'8" and have a very small bust. Without the fat it is almost non existing, so I look pretty  strange also. If we were all perfect and the same it would be a pretty boring world. In 3 months I have lost 11 lbs so that is almost 3lbs per month also. I am looking for more, but I will take it. I just hope it continues.   

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2007, 03:14:44 am »

me too I have a very small bust, indeed if I had a big one I would get away with my belly fat, it'd go unnoticed. Maybe I should have my belly fat shifted to my girls, problem solved  :D
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

plztmetya

« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2007, 05:08:28 am »

I hear ya pinkmug. I would probably look AWESOME then. LOL!!!!!!!!

girljedi

• "Do or do not; there is no try...."
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2007, 10:04:16 am »

Don't be deceived...big "girls" are not what they're cracked up to be!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 01:29:22 pm by girljedi »

losing-it

« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2007, 11:38:02 am »

me too I have a very small bust, indeed if I had a big one I would get away with my belly fat, it'd go unnoticed. Maybe I should have my belly fat shifted to my girls, problem solved  :D

I always had "tweeters" (smaller boobs, as compared to "woofers" and "mid-ranges"- terms for the small, medium and large speaker cones and domes in audio speakers) when I was slender. Funny thing, back then, I wished my "girls" would somehow grow into woofers. When I had babies, I had temporary woofers, as long as I B-Fed. Then the mammaries shrank back to tweeter size. Later, as years went by and weight gains encroached, the little twin "girls" grew fatter and rounder, too :shock:. Although I am pear-shaped, and tall enough to carry my weight proportionately, instead of being like Dolly Parton's, my woofers have always looked well, matronly, even when I was in my 30's and 40's. They are too heavy, get sweaty underneath, are uncomfortable in bras, in the way when I want to roll onto my stomach or side in bed, they act like a built in shelf to catch any food that falls from my fork or spoon...all in all...I want my tweeters back :oops: :oops:

anacara

« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2007, 07:13:07 pm »

I always had "tweeters" (smaller boobs, as compared to "woofers" and "mid-ranges"- terms for the small, medium and large speaker cones and domes in audio speakers) when I was slender. Funny thing, back then, I wished my "girls" would somehow grow into woofers.
...all in all...I want my tweeters back :oops: :oops:

I've recently got my "tweeters" back thanks to SLD and I'm very happy about it.  In fact, not more than an hour ago, I bought two new B-cup bras (and told the shop girls about SLD while I was at it!).

Tandoori Trilobite

• Aspiring gutless wonder
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2007, 07:47:28 pm »

I always had "tweeters" (smaller boobs, as compared to "woofers" and "mid-ranges"- terms for the small, medium and large speaker cones and domes in audio speakers)

Just to complete the trinity of voice-quality nicknames for items of different sizes, there's also a analogous term for midrange speakers: squawkers -- so you have woofers, squawkers and tweeters (and sometimes super-woofers and super-tweeters!).

However, the extrapolation of voice-quality nicknames from speaker sizes to boob sizes don't necessarily work in the other direction.  I've never heard "hooter" used as a non-size-specific term for an audio speaker.

:D

lvivianka

« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2007, 07:56:41 pm »

LOL

Terri

« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2007, 10:02:55 pm »

Big is beautiful and so is small!!
Terri

losing-it

« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2007, 08:14:50 am »

I always had "tweeters" (smaller boobs, as compared to "woofers" and "mid-ranges"- terms for the small, medium and large speaker cones and domes in audio speakers)
Just to complete the trinity of voice-quality nicknames for items of different sizes, there's also a analogous term for midrange speakers: squawkers -- so you have woofers, squawkers and tweeters (and sometimes super-woofers and super-tweeters!).

However, the extrapolation of voice-quality nicknames from speaker sizes to boob sizes don't necessarily work in the other direction.  I've never heard "hooter" used as a non-size-specific term for an audio speaker.:D

:lol: TT, now that's a hoot! My husband has worked many years in the audio industry. When in my mid-20's, I tagged along with him to a trade show in Chicago, IL, and that is when I heard my bustesses rather amusingly referred to as "tweeters," by a group of tipsy men as they passed by. All around me were hundreds of beautiful and busty, "Playboy" type models, all hired to cleavage the electronic wares toward the mostly-male (at that time, anyway) decision makers of the industry. Thankfully, I don't yet carry about subwoofers (like the Sunfire amp in the corner of the livingroom which can make the whole house vibrate).

sammie

• Age 38, F, 5'10" started 9/23/06
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2007, 08:26:08 am »

Oh, after gaining weight and now losing it (the cleavage was fun for about a minute, ugh), I will NEVER wish for anything but my lovely little tweeters again.  Lesson learned.  Tweet, tweet!

PS losing-it, did you say you were a poet?  I love the little poems you post under your tickers, clever and pretty.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18