Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Ani's progress

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Ani's progress  (Read 57227 times)

ani

Re: Ani's progress
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2006, 01:14:53 AM »

Thanks, Silent and Seth.
what's your new job?
It's a writing job for a software company.

On another topic entirely, did someone mention a while ago that their dog was doing SLD? Mine's been taking fish oil for the last month or so, though that's hardly flavorless so SLD it ain't. He's been running with me, though, and between one thing and another he's trimmed down splendidly. He was a mite pudgy at ~45 pounds. I'm guessing he's probably barely over 40 pounds now, optimally sleek and muscled and tucked.

If only it were happening as quickly for me! (Not that I'm really complaining. I'm doing fine. It's just that now and then a little sigh of envy sneaks in.)

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2006, 05:11:19 AM »

I give my cats fish oil, but it's not SLD. I snip open a gelcap and drizzle it over their food. They're shiny, shiny, shiny.

I may come to regret growing a bigger brain on that kitten, though. He's shping into an evil genius.
Running weight tally:

CarolS

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2006, 07:44:21 AM »

My dog uses his paws like hands  :)

Just kiddng, but he does seem awfully smart for a dog.

SILENT

• STARTING DATE 09/27/06
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2006, 03:23:26 PM »

My dog uses his paws like hands  :)

Just kiddng, but he does seem awfully smart for a dog.

Was he this smart before oil  :D

"I live in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here"

TalkingRat

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2006, 03:34:28 PM »

My dog does fish oil, but not as SLD.  She's got too sensitive a stomach for aspirin, and she's too young to be so arthritic. 

The fish oil works as well as the aspirin did, and without the stomach upset.  The omega-3 helped me so much, I decided to try it.  Just like with humans, it did take a week or so for her to adjust to the oil. Until then she was burping.  I'm trying glucosamine too, it's supposed to work better for dogs than humans.  I hope so, because it didn't do a thing for me. The fish oil makes her coat so soft.

CarolS

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2006, 06:19:47 AM »

How much fish oil do you use?  I was sprinking a capsule, but then i found salmon oil in a pump and have been putting 2 pumps on his food.  Maybe it would be better to give it to him straight - away from his food to make it less 'fattening' in the ditto sense of the word.

There's a test online to see how smart a dog is - seriously!  He passed it with flying colors.  One of the questions was can he get an object he wants from under something that's low enough that he has to use his paw to swipe it out.  I forget  the other ones. 

ani

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2006, 07:50:53 PM »

Carol, I've been giving him one 1g capsule, tucked into his breakfast. (He usually gets pumpkin, yogurt, and an egg in the morning, then actual meat -- usually turkey -- for dinner, with good-quality kibble for training treats and in a Buster cube when I leave for work. It's a bit ditto-ey, but I do vary it slightly now and then, and add garlic and yeast if the neighborhood flea count is up.

And I think I remember an intelligence test like that from the BBC online. I didn't put the little guy through it, though; judging from some of his outdoor projects, his spatial ability and sense of object persistence are just fine.  :wink:

TalkingRat: I'm so glad the oil is helping your dog feel better, too.

ani

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2006, 01:55:54 PM »

I don't always get around to weighing myself, but it's been two more pounds since I last posted here. (Actually, my new low is even lower than that, but I just spotted that one this morning so it's not going on the ticker unless I'm still there tomorrow.)

Ten pounds may not seem like a lot to some people, especially you speed losers who knocked off a dozen pounds in your first twenty seconds -- but on me it's made a huge difference. Jeans are sliding down my sides. Luckily I've stashed away some old pairs; not so luckily my tastes have changed and I don't like the old small ones as much as the ones that now won't stay up. But I'll deal with that sometime after Christmas, I guess.

I'm really happy with the way my shape is changing; the fat seems to be melting away from all the right places and leaving the rest alone. Is it hubristic to say I actually feel pretty?

Vainest post ever. Sorry, people.

garfysmom

• Love me, love my cat (Garfy)
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2006, 02:01:17 PM »

Once you start losing weight it is okay to be a little vain.

Vanity is good for everyone, in moderation...

Not losing weight - that means I am looking to find it later... and I'm not looking...;-)

Caligal

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2006, 06:29:10 PM »

I'm really happy with the way my shape is changing; the fat seems to be melting away from all the right places and leaving the rest alone. Is it hubristic to say I actually feel pretty?

Vainest post ever. Sorry, people.

Not vain at all.....you need to keep telling yourself how pretty your look.  Self talk is good for your ego, and I'm willing to bet that when you had the weight on, you told yourself plenty of times how bad your looked.  It's OK to feel good about yourself.
CALIGAL
Member since 2006
Restarting Jan 09

plztmetya

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2006, 01:35:09 PM »

Ani, I know exactly how you feel and it's not really all that vain. I was thinking that way also, but if you feel as good as I do about yourself after feeling bad about yourself for so long. I wouldn't call it vain at all. Congrats on the 10lbs. Hope it continues. I have lost 7lbs (maybe more) in 5 1/2 weeks.I also have lost a total of 10" in the places I am measuring. I know other places have also lost because my face is much noticeably thinner.  I feel great and am wearing a pair of jeans I haven't had on in almost a year. I FEEL PRETTY TOO!!!!!!!! My work pants actually came down the other day without my unbuttoning them. (Thank you for belts.) LOL!!!

Here's wishing everyone luck. Kathi

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2006, 02:53:17 PM »

Vanity is good. Vanity is the first thing you give up on, but it isn't the last. It's the shallow end of your humanity, but it's like the canary in the coalmine. After that goes, the rest follows.

My grandmother kept trying to "reduce" until she was in her '80s (she wasn't fat, just old-lady-shaped), until the Alzheimer's stole her brain.

My vanity is recovering itself, too. I was out this weekend, and I kept catching site of myself in window glass. Remember when you'd do that, and it would take you by surprise, because you kind of mentally prepared yourself before you looked in the mirror at home, but you weren't ready for that...huge...thing you were seeing in the store window? Well, I kept catching sight of me and thinking, "hey! I'm not fat any more!"

And I'm not. I look like someone who could stand to lose a few pounds, sure, but I look in the normal range for my height. I remember that from the way up, too -- I put on a lot of weight before anyone really noticed.
Running weight tally:

ani

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2006, 08:19:05 PM »

Thanks, everyone. I guess you're right.
Vanity is the first thing you give up on, but it isn't the last. It's the shallow end of your humanity, but it's like the canary in the coalmine. After that goes, the rest follows.
Frenata, I like that so much I said it out loud. Several times.

Also I'm down another pound.

chrianna

• this is a test, this is only a test
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2006, 08:37:49 PM »

yes, we can call it "productive vanity."  i noticed the loss profoundly around the 10 lb mark as well.  i think i called myself a hottie in my thread--now there's some vanity . . .

congrats on getting there, ani.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2006, 02:49:41 AM »

Ani, don't worry! A little vanity is a good thing. It means a good self esteem, and I believe that vain people are more healthy and live longer than the rest, because they pay attention to their bods, even if for the wrong reasons, but they do care for their body image.
Congratulations! I'm not vain again yet but I will!!  :D
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18