Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Ani's progress

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Ani's progress  (Read 58520 times)

ani

Re: Ani's progress
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 10:52:42 PM »

I sure hope so. Up to 170 this morning.  :(

Thanks. I'll get through this crazy stretch at work. (New job interview coming up, too, so keep fingers crossed for me!)

ani

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2006, 12:24:56 AM »

Well! Some downward movement at last. I was 165 this morning.

It might be one of those dancing numbers, waiting to dart back up tomorrow, but at least it's dancing in the right direction.

ani

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2006, 02:29:30 PM »

My analog scale is imprecise, so it's hard to tell for sure, but things are looking good; 164 this morning.

lisalgreer

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2006, 03:59:31 PM »

That's great!  :D

Lisa

ani

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2006, 02:31:21 PM »

So I hung on at 164 for most of the week, then back up to 165 this morning -- but my period's about to launch and I feel waterlogged, so I guess that's pretty reasonable.

Given that I don't know what I weighed when I started, exactly, I'm guessing this is working out to somewhere around a pound a week.

ani

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2006, 08:44:10 AM »

I think I'm down to 163. Given that I spent yesterday afternoon with friends guzzling delicious beer from pitchers, and then had a huge burger and fries, I'm a little surprised, but hardly complaining.

ani

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2006, 03:02:41 PM »

Back up to 165 for the last couple of days. I wasn't surprised to see the numbers go up on Friday -- I had a biggish dinner (by current standards) much later than I usually eat on Thursday night. But I'm a little surprised the weight didn't come back down this morning.

Even ignoring this little hop back up, I'm losing a lot more slowly than I'd realized: four pounds in a little over a month. That's two pounds in a month if the recent gain isn't anomalous.

I'm still dealing with inadequate sleep and a lot of work stress, so I guess I should be glad it isn't worse than this.

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2006, 03:20:23 PM »

Even ignoring this little hop back up, I'm losing a lot more slowly than I'd realized: four pounds in a little over a month. That's two pounds in a month if the recent gain isn't anomalous.

Mine works out to about three pounds a month, not counting the fantasic whoosh I had at the beginning. I've decided I'm okay with that.

Oh, I'm impatient enough, but I was trying to lose before and feeling a lot of pain, but no weight loss. At least now, I'm perfectly happy, I'm really and truly losing, and I'm certainly in no danger of mysteriously gaining back.

I calculate I put this weight on at the rate of about 2 pounds a month (ex smoker), so I'm losing faster than I gained.
Running weight tally:

bekel

• Global Moderator
  • I <3 omega-3s
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2006, 04:06:01 PM »

1.75 pounds a month, kinda (given 200 as a low and May 18 as the start date.)

At least the tickers are moving toward the right. Glacially slowly, but MOVING.

Proud member of Lab Rats United, noseclipped unit: Tested on since May 18, 2006.

ani

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2006, 11:51:32 PM »

So it's been two months. I didn't even weigh myself during PMS week, but the last couple of days I've been at 161, which is just fine. That puts me at a seven-pound loss total. I did get 4-5 inches of hair chopped off last weekend, but I doubt that accounts for much.  :D

For the last couple of weeks I've been doing Fitday food tracking. That's interesting; there were two relatively high-calorie days (1700-1800) and a couple under 1000, but otherwise I seem to be ending up with around 1200/day if I don't pay too much attention. That isn't the totally scant rations that some of you are eating, but it should run me a reasonable deficit for a while. Tonight, after a ~450-calorie veggie and tofu stir-fry for a day's total of just under 1000 including the morning's oil, I felt utterly stuffed. I'm balancing macronutrients pretty well and I feel good.

Appetite suppression has been all right. I've never felt downright anti-food, but I haven't been tempted by anything stupid either. Lately I've been combining olive with walnut in the mornings, flax at night, for about 3 tbsp. total; that seems to be working better than the 2-2.5 tbsp. olive and flax I was doing before.

Next time hit a plateau I'll probably start noseclipping again, but now that I'm losing I've backed off because I really didn't enjoy it. I do make fruit smoothies if I'm still hungry after dinner, and I vary them wildly -- not exactly "crazy spicing," but never two quite the same.

Thanks to everyone for your stories and encouragement.

ani

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2006, 02:26:22 AM »

Another two pounds down!

Maybe it's too good to last, but it's been two days in a row, so it's going on the ticker.

Just Peachy

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2006, 12:40:41 PM »

'' it's been two days in a row, so it's going on the ticker.''

I like that rule. Congrats on dropping to the 150's!

ani

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2006, 07:29:41 PM »

After posting a couple of weeks ago I didn't weigh myself again till this morning. No change to report. Of course I don't know whether that's a local high or a local low or what. I simply have no idea. First week of the month is premenstrual week, though, so I'm not too agitated.

Moreover, a) I've been running, and b) I'm wearing jeans I haven't been able to get into for a while.

Since my first week, I haven't had the kind of appetite suppression some of you are reporting. It's all right -- as I said before, I'm not tempted to do anything stupid -- but I'm still not having the sensation of instant fullness and I still have to make consciously sensible choices at dinnertime. About ten days ago I bumped my oil up to 3.5T, but I haven't noticed a change since then; I'm trying to decide how much longer I should give it before adding or subtracting a half.

With all this oil and a small but consistent appetite, I'm cruising at a little under 1300 calories a day. That's probably more than optimal, especially for someone as small as I am. But it's totally, totally painless. I genuinely don't want more food than I'm getting.

I'm thinking ahead about how to handle Christmas week with my parents. While I'm there I'll probably just take all my oil at bedtime.

In other, totally unrelated news, because I have to tell you guys: I GOT A NEW JOB!

SILENT

• STARTING DATE 09/27/06
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2006, 07:35:40 PM »

After posting a couple of weeks ago I didn't weigh myself again till this morning. No change to report. Of course I don't know whether that's a local high or a local low or what. I simply have no idea. First week of the month is premenstrual week, though, so I'm not too agitated.

Moreover, a) I've been running, and b) I'm wearing jeans I haven't been able to get into for a while.

Since my first week, I haven't had the kind of appetite suppression some of you are reporting. It's all right -- as I said before, I'm not tempted to do anything stupid -- but I'm still not having the sensation of instant fullness and I still have to make consciously sensible choices at dinnertime. About ten days ago I bumped my oil up to 3.5T, but I haven't noticed a change since then; I'm trying to decide how much longer I should give it before adding or subtracting a half.

With all this oil and a small but consistent appetite, I'm cruising at a little under 1300 calories a day. That's probably more than optimal, especially for someone as small as I am. But it's totally, totally painless. I genuinely don't want more food than I'm getting.

I'm thinking ahead about how to handle Christmas week with my parents. While I'm there I'll probably just take all my oil at bedtime.

In other, totally unrelated news, because I have to tell you guys: I GOT A NEW JOB!

CONGRATS

"I live in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here"

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2006, 07:45:04 PM »

let me add my congratulations to SILENT's. what's your new job?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18