Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Ani's progress

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ani's progress  (Read 57818 times)

ani

Re: Ani's progress
« Reply #135 on: November 27, 2007, 02:28:56 PM »

Maychi, there are a few different workouts labelled "Tempo". Like all the more advanced workouts, they're only available by calling the office, since they're intended for people who are already familiar with the instructionals.

The workout most commonly called just "Tempo" is officially "T-Tapp to Tempo". That's the variant of the Beginner/Rehab workout, aka "Total Workout", with fewer water breaks. It's 40 minutes total. There are also Tempo Intermediate (same as Beg/Rehab but with ten reps per move instead of eight), Tempo Advanced with 12 reps, and targetted workouts called Tempo Arms, Tempo Lower Body, and Tempo Torso. Confused? I sure was.

Ladybug is another workout that's only available from the T-Tapp office. The standing portion is simiilar to Beg/Rehab and the floor portion is similar to Tempo Lower Body, but with tweaks and variations for hormone balancing.

For what it's worth, I've noticed that the workout DVDs, including the advanced ones, occasionally turn up on eBay.

I'm glad your jeans are loose, Maychi. It wouldn't surprise me if that jelly-like covering ends up dissolving faster than you expect.  :)

shovelqueen

« Reply #136 on: November 27, 2007, 04:09:09 PM »

When I called the office, they had a deal on T-Tapp to Tempo and Intermediate Tempo both for the same price as just T-Tapp to Tempo.  Needless to say, I got both. 8)  By the time I pay the huge shipping charge to Canada ($19!!), I try to get as much as I can for my money.  The phone girl said they had to do that because they used to find it taking 2 months to get to Canada, where overseas shipping to Europe would arrive in a couple of days. 

Anyways, I did Organs in Place/Half Frogs, both instructional and to tempo, so twice, this morning.  I have them on the DVD that came with the book. I'm off work tomorrow, and plan to do a total workout. 

I'm going to start a T-Tapp thread in the Exercise section for this discussion, so we don't highjack Ani's line any more than we have already done.  OK, fellow Tappers?

"Strength, balance, joy!"

Maychi

« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2007, 02:23:06 AM »

I'm going to start a T-Tapp thread in the Exercise section for this discussion, so we don't highjack Ani's line any more than we have already done.  OK, fellow Tappers?

That's fine with me, although I have a feeling Ani doesn't mind the highjack as, like me, she seems pretty hooked on t-tapp, one could almost say a true believer :lol:.

Maychi

« Reply #138 on: November 28, 2007, 02:29:38 AM »

Maychi, there are a few different workouts labelled "Tempo". Like all the more advanced workouts, they're only available by calling the office, since they're intended for people who are already familiar with the instructionals.

Thanks, Ani. This means I don't have to feel I'm missing out if I just stick to the B/R for a while, once I get my DVD. I've been going through a little crisis yesterday and today when the exercises seemed more difficult, nigh impossible to do properly (or perhaps I was just focusing too much on what I'm still doing wrong or rather not doing right). And I hope you're right about the jelly going sooner rather than later, you know the reason...  :?

ani

« Reply #139 on: November 28, 2007, 11:21:31 AM »

Maychi, now that shovelqueen has started a special thread just for T-Tapp, I think I'll go over there to answer you!  :P

ani

« Reply #140 on: December 03, 2007, 01:07:27 PM »

This last week my appetite's been way up, so this morning I thought I'd take advantage of the latest discussion about noseclipped protein. I noseclipped some cottage cheese along with my flax oil. So far the results seem promising, I think, but I'll have more to say about it in a few days.

ani

« Reply #141 on: December 21, 2007, 07:43:22 PM »

Not sure what just happened, but when I got home from work and errands I put a butternut squash in the oven and then, while waiting for it to bake, proceeded to eat about three people's worth of leftover wild rice with garlic and olive oil, then about forty chili-chocolate-covered almonds.  :o

Nothing remotely like that has happened for over a year. Not sure what to make of it all. I've had no interest to speak of in the candies and baked sweet stuff lying around at work these last couple of weeks, but some nutty switch just flipped this evening.

I'm drinking a lot of water and trying not to worry too much about it.

shovelqueen

« Reply #142 on: December 21, 2007, 07:52:56 PM »

Boy, sounds like my day!  Actually my last 2 days!  Perfection until after work or the evening, then, with the first sweet, the monster awakes and about 6 more follow :shock:. 

A temporary state, I'm sure.  It's not even the big day yet, and I can't wait to get all this booby-trapped stuff out of my house.  I keep reminding myself that the rest of the family deserves treats at Christmas, because otherwise, I'd be pitching things.  As it is, I'm going to re-gift some of the chocolates, etc to others. 

"Strength, balance, joy!"

ani

« Reply #143 on: January 17, 2008, 08:12:05 PM »

Aside from the mishap reported last month, I got through the holidays mostly unscathed. But for some reason my AS took a dive shortly after New Year's, and to recoup it I've been using Heidi's method of noseclipping everything in sight. It seems to be working. The last few days have been good.

I'm going to Egypt in late April and there are some very compelling reasons for me to be at goal size by then. I'm thinking hard about how to handle eating between now and then. I've refused to diet from the start, insisting that what I wanted from SLD was a reliable appetite. I think I've got that now, and I'm reasonably confident I'll be able to maintain my goal when I get there. But I'm not there yet. I'm still kind of thick around the middle; I definitely have belly fat to lose. So I'm contemplating getting aggressive with my eating plan, though I'm not sure it's the best idea for me.

ani

« Reply #144 on: March 25, 2008, 10:43:37 AM »

Checking in after a long absence. I didn't intend to stay away this long!

I didn't get aggressive with my eating plan back, and as a result I'm still roughly where I was -- another two-month plateau. For the last couple of months I've been hosting an unending stream of house guests and other visitors, so until this last week I haven't been able to get back to the Heidi-style mass noseclipping. But I'm doing it now and cautiously report that I seem to be responding well.

It's good to be back catching up on everyone's threads.

ani

« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2011, 10:09:45 PM »

It's been several years since I posted here. As I said last time, I didn't intend to stay away this long.

Not going to say much right now because it's bedtime, but I'm delighted to catch up on news from old friends. (And some new friends too.)

More later.

ani

« Reply #146 on: May 10, 2011, 01:26:10 PM »

I recently started a graduate program and for the first six months or so forgot I even had a body. When I realized to my dismay that I was feeling puffy and creaky and couldn't fit into my jeans comfortably, I resumed working out regularly and have also recently resumed guzzling flax oil and noseclipping occasional meals. I neither got nor expected mindblowing AS, but I did want to make sure I wouldn't be blindsided by any stupid cravings.

As I mentioned in Ainsprid's thread, I'm about to run a 12K on the weekend -- but it's Bay to Breakers, so who knows how much actual running will be possible in that crowd.

Also, I missed all of you brave and thoughtful self-experimenters.

Ainsprid

« Reply #147 on: May 10, 2011, 01:42:42 PM »

Hello ani! It's good to see you even though I don't think we have ever really met :) I like how you noticed how we're quite similar! Let's just hope you don't get weird red/purple dots, right :P nah I just wanted to wish you the best of luck, and I'll definitely be rooting for you this weekend with the run! How are you feeling about it, are you nervous, excited? Do you have a time you want to beat?

I started taking oil in January, but after two, three months (I can't say for sure without looking at my topic, so I'm just guessing for now) without the results I used to have back in 2009, I stopped taking the oil. I guess I gave it up partly because it's a tight schedule in the morning, and if I wake up a bit late, I've already missed the opportunity to take the oil.. because an hour later I'm supposed to have breakfast! Anyway, if you're back on the oil, I'll be back on the oil as well, and cheering you on :D

ani

« Reply #148 on: June 02, 2011, 10:19:11 PM »

A couple of days ago I woke up feeling very thirsty and literal-minded, with a headachey sensation in my head -- not really a headache, though -- and no appetite whatsoever.

It took me a while to remember that this is what strong AS felt like. I hardly ever experienced it after my first week or so doing SLD a few years ago, but oddly, it's back now -- a month or so after I resumed flax oil. I don't know what to make of it! I'd planned to make a risotto for dinner (fyi, short-grain brown rice works fine for risottos in a pressure cooker), but after soaking the mushrooms I realized I just didn't have the inclination. What a very strange feeling.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18