Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Plateau AND Hungry

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plateau AND Hungry  (Read 5553 times)

charlotte

Plateau AND Hungry
« on: August 07, 2006, 03:52:00 AM »

Thanks, Stephen, for your great post on plateaus. I now know that my two-week plateau is just a precursor to fabulous new weight loss. Hooray! Unfortunately I seem to be hungry too, which I just WASN'T for the first three weeks of the diet (I'm five weeks in). My stomach grumbles (I'm on SW BTW) and I really, really look forward to mealtimes. I'm not snacking and I eat three small meals a day, but instead of being uninterested as I was at first, I'm rather interested in what I'm eating next. How I would love that uninterested feeling back!
Any advice/words of wisdom welcome ...
Charlotte

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
Re: Plateau AND Hungry
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 04:30:18 PM »

Thanks, Stephen, for your great post on plateaus. I now know that my two-week plateau is just a precursor to fabulous new weight loss. Hooray! Unfortunately I seem to be hungry too, which I just WASN'T for the first three weeks of the diet (I'm five weeks in). My stomach grumbles (I'm on SW BTW) and I really, really look forward to mealtimes. I'm not snacking and I eat three small meals a day, but instead of being uninterested as I was at first, I'm rather interested in what I'm eating next. How I would love that uninterested feeling back!
Any advice/words of wisdom welcome ...
Charlotte

I was wake up in the middle of the night hungry for the first two months (of course I lost 25 pounds in that time period too) -- but I just did not feel like eating.

You might want to check the amount of flavorless calories you are taking in, make sure that you aren't somehow getting flavor in your two hour window (breath mints, cigarettes, snuff, etc.) and make sure they are really flavorless (no extra vigin olive oil, no smoky roasted walnut oil, etc.).

But I seem to spend 2-3 weeks out of every 4-5 on a plateau these days, though I continue to lose weight.

Wish you well.

dgrillot2000

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 07:36:47 PM »

But I seem to spend 2-3 weeks out of every 4-5 on a plateau these days, though I continue to lose weight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stephen,

I'm curious do you track your caloric intake daily.  If so do you notice any change in diet during the plateaus?  I notice that my plateaus are usually related to my being slightly careless with my calories.

DG

I THINK I CAN. I THINK I MIGHT. I THOUGHT I COULD!  I THINK I WILL!

Stephen M (Ethesis)

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 04:37:40 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stephen,

I'm curious do you track your caloric intake daily.  If so do you notice any change in diet during the plateaus?  I notice that my plateaus are usually related to my being slightly careless with my calories.

DG

I pretty much eat the same thing every day.

Two eggs, two dry toast for breakfast.

sandwich, yogurt w' sugar for lunch.

same for dinner.

Sometimes I mix it up, have a couple ounces of orange juice or something.  change the type of bread or have pb&j instead of lunch meat.

Plateaus don't seem to be too related to what I'm eating, though bobbles up in down in weight can be, especially if I eat something really salty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18