Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
TalkingRat: A New Start 2/26/10. (Beginning at Post 492)

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: TalkingRat: A New Start 2/26/10. (Beginning at Post 492)  (Read 102179 times)

TalkingRat

Re: TalkingRat's Progress, start 7/17 @ 182.5; 10/21 @ 168.3
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2006, 06:59:06 PM »

Marianna, oh, good, I have company!!   Any speculation about why this is? 

I'm still getting used to this, especially with this last round, when I had increased the oil, so great AS and no extra calories.

Marianna

« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2006, 07:08:10 PM »

I don't know--it seems unique to flavourless calories to me--but there is this very noticeable high spike before the drop and there seems to be a three day pattern of appetite and weight spikes--very interesting

TalkingRat

« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2006, 07:14:35 PM »

I get double or triple spikes, never just one.  And yes, I do still get the 3 days same weight pattern before the peaks start, but this last round was without the increased appetite.  Since I can't blame it on eating more, I don't know what to think about it. 

ETA:  This pattern is new to me with SLD, too.  I dieted once before, and it was a two pounds a week loss for 6 weeks, then 1.5 lbs a week, nothing unusual in the pattern.

chrianna

• this is a test, this is only a test
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2006, 08:49:12 PM »

congrats for figuring out the pattern and adapting.  i'd say more than this but i'm writing from my travels, very tired, and i can't think.

but i just wanted to let you know i'm cheering for you, TR.

Marianna

« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2006, 07:11:56 AM »

yes TR--i get triple and quadruple spikes before the drop---

TalkingRat

« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2006, 09:19:36 AM »

Marianna, I sympathize!  I know that means longer between drops.  My triple took about twice the time as the doubles.

TalkingRat

Re: TalkingRat's Progress, start 7/17 @ 182.5; 10/28 @ 168
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2006, 09:28:39 AM »

This week's average included my highest weight in a month, as well as my lowest on SLD.  The new number to beat is 166.4.  I may get another day of falling weight before my double spike pattern starts up again.  At least it makes sense now. 

That was the good news.  Now the bad -- TMI warning!    I have to stop my anti-inflammatories for a routine hemoccult test; I suspect the test will take even longer on SLD.   :lol:   I had it all figured out, I was going to do it when I had to stop my meds before surgery, but I see I have to take iron, and will undoubtedly need extra vitamin c with that, so that won't work.  No time like the present, I'm off anti-inflammatories today; I already know that means a weight increase.  :(    After that, I'll have a couple weeks to recover before I have to stop again.  But if high omega-3 from fish has potential bleeding issues, it's odd that hemoccult testing has no restriction on eating fish.

TalkingRat

« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2006, 04:03:40 PM »

I'm copying Bigbaddar's progress report here, so I am reminded of this peaceful perspective.

Quote from: bigbaddar on October 27, 2006, 05:26:02 AM
My thoughts today are these:

1) Although I'm up a little..It's cool.  I'm okay about it.  I view my weight differently now.  I weigh less today than I did in May when I started SLD and that is a good thing.  I honestly think I'll be keeping these pounds off. ( Maintenance here I come.) I know I would have preferred to be even lower..near 208-210 by now..But hey...It's okay...

2)  My figure is coming back. I've got a waist again.  My shoulders are more defined, sculptured even.  The area under my arms is firming up.  WHOOHOOOO. And I've lost a bra size. ( No details, too much information ).

3)  I need to reduce the amount of ditto foods that are in the house.  I'm spicing more often but I still have a tendency to revert back to the same old, same old....

4) I haven't had any exercise lately...None...No walking, no dancing, nothing.  I need to make an effort to add in physical activity.

That's the plan....

Good luck to everyone on this board.  You've kept me in there when I haven't been focused.

bigbaddar

« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2006, 05:05:28 AM »

TR,

It's good isn't it....To just know that your weight will go up a little...(because of the meds issue) ...

But then SLD will bring it back it right back down.

These last several months have totally changed the way I view weight gain (and loss).  I no longer "feel" as if I have failed. I no longer view fatness as a character flaw....

I'm actually in "Shangri La".

Reached my original goal of 200 lbs from 235....Onto a 2nd goal of 185!

TalkingRat

« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2006, 10:27:04 AM »

It is more than a bit discouraging that I gain weight both ways.  When I had to restart my anti-inflammatories I gained weight from eating more to calm my stomach, but now going completely off them means I gain weight due to inflammation.  All change is up, that hardly seems fair! 

CarolS

« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2006, 04:14:51 PM »

No it's not fair.  That really stinks. 

Hang in there.

chrianna

« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2006, 04:44:25 PM »

TR--how is your upcoming surgery going to affect this pattern?  i haven't had time to PM you to tell you i'm a little concerned for you.

TalkingRat

« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2006, 05:55:51 PM »

I'm sure it will mess up my AS and my weight, so I will need an attitude adjustment for a few months.  I'll be off NSAIDs for this current test, and then again a couple weeks before surgery until a month after.  Presumably I'll have nice drugs afterwards.  They'll make me sick, but I'm trying not to think about that.  I'll find out about oils in a few weeks, but I expect they will nix the fishoil and limit the ELOO.  I can always noseclip.

I was working on the hospital preadmission form today, and it makes me feel very old;  for every possible area of medicine, they want to know if I ever had a problem, and it seems I have some little thing I have to mention for almost every one. 

Being a big picture person, I have no worries in the world.  Eh, it will all work out.   My sister will apply some down to earth detail to my vague lists.  I'm lucky to have such a wonderful sister!!  What she doesn't know yet is while she's here making sure I'm fine, I plan to brainwash her on SLD.  :mrgreen:   

chrianna

« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2006, 11:17:15 PM »

it all sounds complicated--

have you noticed how much SLD has us saying "eh."  with the oil, it all will even out.  no more drama, self-hate, whatever, if you gain a few lbs.  just wait until the crisis passes and get back on the oil.  i just wish your crisis didn't sound so . . . medical.

i don't want you to fade out of here during the pre-op and post-op periods but--if you do have to recuperate offline (what?  life offline?  what is that?)--at least i'll get to catch up with my posts.  do you think i didn't notice you're a hero member now?  ;)

sigh, ok, i'll try not to anticipate missing you then.  you realize that your SLD journey through all of this will be groundbreaking--i'm looking forward to the deep thoughts and useful theories you'll post here as a result of your experience.  i just wish you didn't actually have to go through it . . .

TalkingRat

« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2006, 07:56:39 PM »

You mean my deep thoughts under the influence?  :wink:   

My brother said he saw an illustration online of what they do during hip replacement and said it was TMI, and rather shocking.  I told him I'd watched two online operations already.   :mrgreen:

You still have six weeks to make hero before I go off and get refurbished. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 42   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18