Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
TalkingRat: A New Start 2/26/10. (Beginning at Post 492)

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: TalkingRat: A New Start 2/26/10. (Beginning at Post 492)  (Read 102177 times)

chrianna

• this is a test, this is only a test
Re: TalkingRat: Start 7/16 @ 182.5 pounds ... 12 weeks, -13.8 pounds
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2006, 11:15:40 AM »

ok, so let me get this straight (so i can try it if necessary) but you count how many days in your pattern and then you make sure you supplement with the ACV and an extra TB of oil for the day you know you'll be hungry?

brilliant!

TalkingRat

« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2006, 03:01:00 PM »

Yeah, that's the idea, Chrianna, but I haven't quite got the pattern figured out.  I've had 5 cycles of 3-4 days in a row.  But with this last one, I successfully blocked my weight blip, and it became a little trickier. 

(168.4, 168.4, 168.4)  -- HA! I know what's going on!
(168.8, 168.0, 168.2)  - successful block with 0.4 gain and right back down

-- and then I fasted for the doctor's appt, it all seemed fine but I got hit that night with carb crunchies.  With the extra dose of oil and ACV
(169.0, 168.0) - second block in the same flat series, this one 0.8 gain and right back down

I'm not relaxing my guard until I drop below 168 for a couple days, signaling the end of all this sameness.

TalkingRat

« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2006, 07:49:11 AM »

Yay, another dip.  I can't attribute that to the oil increase, but the controlled bounce put me in position to break through my old low.

Yesterday I was unusually high on protein, all I wanted was leftover chicken, and I nibbled on it all morning.  Not being satisfied with a regular portion was what made me decide to go with more oil.  Possibly I just needed extra protein.  I'm not accustomed to trusting my appetite yet.  But I'm sticking with the higher dose.   I had a noseclipped smoothie for lunch, and a hamburger for dinner -- homemade whole wheat bun, but it was digesting faster than usual, so I added 1t ACV to slow down digestion.  That kept my mind off ice cream all evening.  I do think the ACV is helping to control my sugar response, and it doesn't take much.  I'm a fan of the "salad club" -- oil and vinegar, just not together.  :lol:

girljedi

• "Do or do not; there is no try...."
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2006, 10:40:36 AM »

I just love a good lab rat!  I may have to try the ACV myself......do you take 1 tsp straight, or do you mix it with water?

TalkingRat

« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2006, 11:37:24 AM »

I just love a good lab rat!  I may have to try the ACV myself......do you take 1 tsp straight, or do you mix it with water?

I take it with water, probably 12 oz. and it's actually pleasant.  I'm still getting over my neighbor's recommendation that I put 2T in 8 oz.   :shock:  When I find some Bragg, maybe it won't need to be diluted so much.

chrianna

« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2006, 12:03:56 PM »

high five about the dip!

i'm taking acv as well but i'm pretty unscheduled -- i take it when i remember, usually early evening.  i actually love the taste and am wondering if i should take more than 1 T--not necessarily for the health benefits, lol, but because i like it.  ;)

TalkingRat

« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2006, 12:57:34 PM »

I tend to do just evening ACV, when more refined carbs sneak in.  I think the key is still the oil.  Maybe women need more oil than men to get their setpoint moving again once it stops, since we are designed to store fat easily. 

The two main things that have kept me from backtracking are 1) adding more oil as I lost AS; and 2) consciously holding back on a high appetite day.  My spreadsheet predicts appetite surges; it's my follow-through I don't trust.  Adding in 1T more oil, in "calorie" theory, I could do that for a month before it would add a pound.  If it keeps me from stalling or overeating, I'll lose more than a pound.

chrianna

« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2006, 01:06:15 PM »

man, you're clever!

Jane O

Re: TalkingRat: Start 7/16 @ 182.5 pounds ... 13 weeks, -14.4 pounds
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2006, 04:24:31 PM »

A very clever lab Rat!

I'll have to give the ACV a try...again. I did it once.
But I didn't have the SLD to go with it, so it didn't do too much for me.

Thanks for leading the way Miz Rat!  :lol:

TalkingRat

Re: TalkingRat: Start 7/16 @ 182.5 pounds ... 13 weeks, -14.4 pounds
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2006, 02:29:39 PM »

Ten days on increased oil (I'd been taking before I decided to keep it that way), and the last two days I have had noticeably better AS.  My weight, however, crept up all week.  I added a "pound a week" trend line to my spreadsheet; when my weight blips up, it has never gone above that line.  Sometimes I lose perspective of the trend when I get the 2 pound increases, so I'm keeping the trend line as a reminder.   

Yesterday I got Hain's ACV, and discovered it is more acidic, 6%.  Since I'm not eating much before dinner, I will save the dose for then.  Yesterday I took it early, mistake.

I started exercising again today.  I'm going to treat it like PT, at least 30 minutes a day, split into two sessions if I need to.  I did 42 minutes this morning.    :)

TalkingRat

Re: TalkingRat: Start 7/16 @ 182.5 pounds ... 14 weeks, -14.2 pounds
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2006, 07:53:45 AM »

Flat average for the week.  Great AS continues.  The last two days I've experimented a bit again, mixing in EVOO with my morning ELOO.  I'm watching closely because I couldn't taste it the last time when I had trouble with it, but I think it's ok mixed and I don't feel the bite this time.  I'm actually getting a little tired of taking walnut at night, but I'm sticking with the higher dose for another week.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 11:35:45 AM by TalkingRat »

TalkingRat

Re: TalkingRat's Progress, start 7/17 @ 182.5; 10/21 @ 168.3
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2006, 10:09:18 AM »

Thanks for moving me, bekel.  Funny title you gave me -- but don't look where I'm going, because it's up.   :?

Possible explanations:   I have a cold.  I added exercise, and I suppose it's possible my muscles are holding water.   

When I upped my oil, I dropped from from 169 to 167.4 almost immediately, even bounced there just a week ago.  My AS has been great, I'm eating less.  It's looking suspiciously like my last long plateau, complete with wild fluctuations.  Well, it is what it is, and I'm not changing my ticker yet.

TalkingRat

« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2006, 09:45:00 AM »

This last week, I've been drawing lines all over my chart, and finally found the pattern.  I looked at the largest weight drops, and what happened before then.  I had seen the  tendency to settle in at a lower setpoint, but hadn't understood the gains.   Here's what I do in a 2-5 week cycle, with variations:

Say my weight is at a new low, a couple pounds less than the prior setpoint.  It holds steady, I change my ticker.  My weight leaps up and heads down again, but before it reaches the old low, it climbs again, higher than before.  It might even take a third run at it, or do a few half-hearted attempts before really scaring me by going higher than the worst of the prior cycle's peak.  It has the look of weight gain, with increasing highs. Then, just as suddenly, it takes a dive and keeps going, right past that old low to create a new one. 

These 3 pound weight swings are not nearly as easy to accept as the stairstep pattern Stephen described.  Yesterday was the second peak, higher than the last cycle went.  Today I dropped 1.6 pounds.  If the pattern holds, I'm on my way to a new low.  :)

SILENT

• STARTING DATE 09/27/06
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2006, 02:20:55 PM »

This last week, I've been drawing lines all over my chart, and finally found the pattern.  I looked at the largest weight drops, and what happened before then.  I had seen the  tendency to settle in at a lower setpoint, but hadn't understood the gains.   Here's what I do in a 2-5 week cycle, with variations:

Say my weight is at a new low, a couple pounds less than the prior setpoint.  It holds steady, I change my ticker.  My weight leaps up and heads down again, but before it reaches the old low, it climbs again, higher than before.  It might even take a third run at it, or do a few half-hearted attempts before really scaring me by going higher than the worst of the prior cycle's peak.  It has the look of weight gain, with increasing highs. Then, just as suddenly, it takes a dive and keeps going, right past that old low to create a new one. 

These 3 pound weight swings are not nearly as easy to accept as the stairstep pattern Stephen described.  Yesterday was the second peak, higher than the last cycle went.  Today I dropped 1.6 pounds.  If the pattern holds, I'm on my way to a new low.  :)

It's great that you were able to figuer out whats going on . :)

"I live in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here"

Marianna

« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2006, 06:08:24 PM »

TR--I have the exact same pattern--it could freak a girl out--
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 42   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18