Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
TalkingRat: A New Start 2/26/10. (Beginning at Post 492)

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: TalkingRat: A New Start 2/26/10. (Beginning at Post 492)  (Read 103130 times)

chrianna

• this is a test, this is only a test
Re: TalkingRat: Start 7/16 @ 182.5 pounds ... 10 weeks, -11.7 pounds
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2006, 12:32:37 PM »

ok, now i remembered what i want to say!

yes, i think taking in enough protein is important.  the problem is that with AS i often don't want it--which leads to problems as you're saying here.  i'm wondering if that is what led to my morning hungries when i was taking ELOO and sugar.  i would do two T ELOO and 1 T sugar and count it for breakfast and then wonder why i was getting hungry before lunch.  i was also walking 3-4 miles in the morning as well.  my body needed some *&&*%$ protein.  further, after a lunch with protein in it, i find i don't want an afternoon snack at all--which has led to my eliminating afternoon ELOO and sugar.

so, m'dear, i think you've discovered an important piece of the puzzle in terms of doing SLD long term.  i'm not so sure the protein thing is necessary for newbies--ok, maybe those with insulin problems--but i'm sure it might be something that causes people to think SLD is not working.

perhaps the "eat whatever you want" part should be amended to "eat whatever you want but make sure to balance it with protein."

yes, white-knucking sucks . . .

TalkingRat

Re: TalkingRat: Start 7/16 @ 182.5 pounds ... 10 weeks, -11.7 pounds
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2006, 12:58:00 PM »

Yeah, for me the balancing is critical.  That's why an 80 calorie milk noseclipped is more satisfying than a 200 calorie noseclipped yogurt; same protein, but the yogurt makes me hungrier.  I had tested this and knew that a noseclipped yogurt with a scoop of protein powder worked fine.  I just hadn't applied it to regular eating.  :lol:

TalkingRat

Re: TalkingRat: Start 7/16 @ 182.5 pounds ... 11 weeks, -12 pounds
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2006, 10:34:17 AM »

Week 11, a small drop to 170.5, after last week's break in plateau.  At least I have a plan to stop the bouncing.  Today I am just under 170.   Since midweek, I have added 1T oil, to 3T a day, 450 calories including fish and flax capsules.  I am thinking of trying to get in a daily NC smoothie, and taking my fishoil then.  The extra tablespoon of oil has definitely calmed my appetite.   

It was heartening to see so many happy newbies this week.  September was a record new member month.  I love reading about the amazement when SLD first hits.   :D

chrianna

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2006, 10:46:53 AM »

congrats, those pesky numbers are heading down, down, down!

i didn't know you'd started another T of oil.  for me, it really made a difference as well.  it would be interesting to zig zag calories by alternating that extra T of oil -- maybe i'll try that. 

have  you been able to tell the difference by balancing your protein?

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2006, 10:48:49 AM »

It was heartening to see so many happy newbies this week.  September was a record new member month.  I love reading about the amazement when SLD first hits.   :D

Man, that's just great, isn't it? It really picked me up this week and gave me fresh energy.

And this morning, down two pounds -- a new low, and the halfway mark!!! Thank you, newbies! I got by on your enthusiasm!
Running weight tally:

TalkingRat

« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2006, 11:35:29 AM »

When I swtiched to 2T am, I figured I could add in a 3rd T as needed.  Since my carb imbalance Wednesday night, I added it and kept it in there for the rest of the week.  It does such a nice job, I think I will keep it there for now. 

Balancing out my carbs, well, I noticed that difference a long time ago.  Sometimes I just want carbs, in spite of myself.   :oops:

Ack, Chrianna, do you really want to mess with success by zigzagging your oil?  Whatever you are doing now, hold onto it, it's working so well! 

chrianna

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2006, 11:37:59 AM »

LOL, i know!  there is a reasonable limit to self-experimentation, isn't there?  ;)

you're right, don't mess with a good thing.  you'd think i'd learn after a long month of messing around and messing up the AS.  urgh.

TalkingRat

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2006, 11:47:59 AM »

And this morning, down two pounds -- a new low, and the halfway mark!!!

I love that halfway mark on tickers!  Congratulations, Frenata!   

TalkingRat

« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2006, 02:37:11 PM »

I decided to go adjust my goal weight down ten pounds.  160 fits into the healthy BMI weight, but it still heavy for me, and was really my December goal.  I will have a bit of a pause then, but I don't want to start thinking to myself that I only have 9 pounds to go, because it's more like 19.  So I'm adjusting my goal and ticker now, and get the chance to be at the halfway mark one more time, soon.   :mrgreen:

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2006, 03:03:31 PM »

ah, that's a sign of a great weight loss method, that it causes people to lower their sights...

TalkingRat

Re: TalkingRat: Start 7/16 @ 182.5 pounds ... 12 weeks, -13.8 pounds
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2006, 07:29:01 AM »

Good week, and I learned a little more.

I'm watching my carb load, and have added 1t vinegar with carb-featured meals.  I'm also watching AS more carefully, and am adding an evening dose when AS isn't solid. 

Marianna's comment about the "third day binge" sent me back to my data, and I found a pattern.   With SLD, I've had five sequences of  "same weight" 3-4 days in a row.  Always, they have ended with appetite surge, and an upward bounce.  Yesterday was such a day, and my appetite was enormous.  I made a few bad choices, but did not overeat.   My weight was up only .4 pounds, and my AS is working perfectly again.  I still need to figure out the fine tuning of my oil.

chrianna

« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2006, 12:09:22 PM »

excellent analysis and action plan!  excited to see your numbers going down even if you are catching up with me.  ;)

me hare, you tortoise--you lucky duck!

TalkingRat

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2006, 01:15:46 PM »

Ack, yesterday was carby snack evening, and I'm up almost a pound.  I think it was an unexpected response to fasting and rearranging my oil dose for my doctor's appt yesterday.  AS was so good yesterday morning, I didn't anticipate any problems.  I'm still getting caught off guard now and then.  Maybe it has to bounce up twice before it goes down.  :lol:

My local store didn't have Bragg ACV, so I got the pasteurized kind.  It's much better than the "ACV flavored" stuff I had.  I took 1t after lunch, and it made me feel more full. 

TalkingRat

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2006, 01:34:24 PM »

Wow, I just checked my email and I already have my bloodwork back from yesterday!!    I don't seem to have any recent comparisons, so I'll go with 2000:

2000     10/06
Chol.     243        215
Trig.      262        119
HDL       50           43
LDL      141         148
ratio      4.9          5.0

I'd say thank you, ELOO and fish oil!

TalkingRat

« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2006, 10:36:36 AM »

My new plan is working.  I'm using daily weight to predict appetite increases, so I can steel myself for lost AS.  Usually I gain 2 pounds or more overnight, and it takes 3 days to recover from the blip.  This time, I went up less than a pound, and it took only a day to return to my recent low of 168.  I still ate on the carby side when my appetite increased, but I made sure to include 1t ACV, and the next day focused on protein.  I was careful not to forget that 3rd T of oil, and to keep flavor away from my fishoil caps.  It's a controlled bounce.   :D

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 42   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18