Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
separate variables in appetite?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: separate variables in appetite?  (Read 1645 times)

madisongirl

separate variables in appetite?
« on: July 30, 2006, 09:12:32 AM »

I've been thinking about the appetite suppression, because I've been having an interesting experience.  I still get pretty hungry (I'm reducing calories deliberately while doing SLD). I'd rate my hunger at about a 6 to a 7 overall, using Rey's scale.  That said, I do seem to be getting full, or satiated, more quickly.  For example, last night at a dinner out with friends I really could not eat a second ear of corn, or finish my ice cream.  I wonder if perhaps these might actually be two separate effects of the diet (or two variables to look at):

hunger (suppression of appetite between meals)
and
satiation (speed of attaining a sense of "fullness" while eating)

paulkimelman

Re: separate variables in appetite?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 09:14:54 AM »

Yes, I agree completely. Feeling hungry between meals (and food thoughts, cravings, etc) is quite different from your body telling you you are full when eating. I think SLD affects those two differently for different people by the way. Of course, the satiation will also be affected by number of meals per day, time since last having eaten, caloric content in food, kind of food (ditto food is probably the same as "comfort food"), etc.

kindall

Re: separate variables in appetite?
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 11:14:21 PM »

I believe your stomach expands based on how much you eat at meals and may take some time to shrink up after you stop overeating. At least, that's what the diet "experts" always say. So it might make some sense for hunger to lag satiety, though you might assume it would be the other way 'round.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18