Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
What to do if you're not losing: Noseclips

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: What to do if you're not losing: Noseclips  (Read 96942 times)

kindall

Re: What to do if you're not losing: Noseclips
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2006, 12:17:56 AM »

Hm. This would totally explain the week I had a cold and dropped a pound a day. I was on Atkins at the time, and the combination of a higher metabolism from fighting the virus, appetite suppression from the cold and the Sudafed, and the lack of smell/flavor probably all worked together.

Actually, it worked so well that I considered catching colds on purpose after that... trouble is, I'm generally healthy and rarely catch colds.

akhdar

« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2006, 01:34:22 AM »

Who would have thought that a thread entitled Noseclips could be so fascinating?

Because of this thread, I realised that my sense of smell (olfactory nerve) only grew back in one nostril after the accident! I smell nothing in my right nostril.

For those of you who have such a keen sense of smell (pheremone related or not), I simply want to iterate how LUCKY you are. A sense of smell is HUGELY important (back to the pheremones), it increases libido, elevates mood, alerts one to danger, and is just plain pleasurable most of the time. It is the only sense directly connected to the limbic centre and so is evocative in a way no other sense can be. And things TASTE better. If you are one for whom a sense of smell is only temporarily arrested by noseclips, thank your lucky stars.

And Pinkmagrinha, the book you recommended sounds fascinating. I can't wait to find a copy.

bekel

• Global Moderator
  • I <3 omega-3s
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2006, 09:51:39 AM »

Back again from a week on the bike...Seth, I'm assuming that this technique is the one you e-mailed me about?

I just tried a clothespin on my nose. Other than the sunburn (my SPF didn't SPF) I can't get it to fit.:D

I'll get a real noseclip and give it a week trial. I'm a supertaster and can taste oil even with the water. Water helps tremendously, but there's still flavor.

Proud member of Lab Rats United, noseclipped unit: Tested on since May 18, 2006.

bekel

• Global Moderator
  • I <3 omega-3s

Proud member of Lab Rats United, noseclipped unit: Tested on since May 18, 2006.

94S10 (a.k.a. Truckman)

« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2006, 05:53:48 PM »

Sweet!
As it turns out...I actually have these materials on hand and will fashion a set and see how they work out.....
Thanks Bekel!

chrianna

• this is a test, this is only a test
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2006, 06:35:48 PM »

that noseclip is the kind i picked up at the store this week.  they're working nicely. 

it occurred to me that announcing the noseclip idea during the summer was a brilliant idea, seth.  noseclips may be harder to find during winter.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2006, 01:56:09 AM »

And Pinkmagrinha, the book you recommended sounds fascinating. I can't wait to find a copy.

Pinkmagrinha is rather Pinkbarriguda right now :-( due to TOM - definitely, I don't get SLD appetite reduction during TOM :-( - eating more caloric stuff, water retention... my tummy has ballooned and my weight is up AAARRGGHH!

Anyway, the book is great. It points out mother/child communication during early childhood was the thing more leading to development of Homo sapiens' intelligence. Along with Stephen Jay Gould and Carl Sagan - and Antonio Damasio, I can't leave my compatriota out! - this is a very interesting author if you enjoy the subject of the development of the human brain.

I Hope I can call you "Akhdarzinha elegans" now... I read your thread and hope you have left Plateauville for good!
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

taligator

« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2006, 10:20:48 AM »

OK, I thought I had read that you could do your oils and the flavorless calories at the same time with a noseclip .. am I wrong?

This morning I took my coconut oil, flax capsules and a crazy spiced protein shake all with noseclips and hope I didn't mess up though I couldn't taste a darn thing. :)

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2006, 10:26:20 AM »

yes, you can do that.

taligator

« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2006, 10:38:54 AM »

Seth - thanks!

So far though it hasn't really helped my hunger. It's been about 2 hours and I'm starting to get really hungry. Bummer.

Interestingly I couldn't taste anything when I did this this morning but I did taste salt. There was salt on my stove and I set my flax capsules on it and there was a light dusting of it on them and when I put them in my mouth I could taste that clearly. Do you suppose it's because it dissovlves so quickly and gets into the taste buds right away? I've been working under the assumption that salt was flavorless but this little thing today makes me wonder.

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2006, 11:46:21 AM »

I'm sure salt doesn't matter.

kindall

« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2006, 06:10:32 PM »

Found a guy who has noseclips in a few swanky color schemes two for 99 cents on eBay.  Unfortunately shipping is $4.25. ;)  Still a good deal for a pair, though. Here's the guy's auctions: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZyheric

No connection between him and me except I just bought a pair of his noseclips.

bekel

• Global Moderator
  • I <3 omega-3s
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2006, 09:01:23 PM »

I took my flax oil tonight while holding my nose. I couldn't taste anything--unbelievable! Flax is so strongly flavored.

akhdar

« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2006, 09:15:57 PM »

Hello, dears. This is my plan. On days in which SLD is working beautifully, I will not use noseclips. Frankly, I am eating so little already on these days that I want to enjoy every morsel.

But on the days of diminished appetite suppression (seems to correlate with ovulation for me), I shall put the noseclips into effect. Seems relieving that there is something I can do for that week or so.

Pinkmagrinha (you are still skinnier than I am, gatinha demais, and so the name is still in effect.), I LOVE ANTONIO DAMASIO! I had no idea that he was Portuguese. For some reason, I assumed the name to be Italian. Thank you for clarifying. Also Stephen Jay Gould is the greatest. I was lucky to read quite a bit of his work in a paleontology class at the university. It was so sad when he died. Que descanse em paz....

Would you believe that I have just figured out what all of this "TOM" business meant! A little slow, here. I knew that it had to do with one's period, but couldn't get the acronym. The closest I got was: The Onset of Menses?

Now I understand.

Tchau.

Akhdar

DirkVA

« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2006, 02:38:51 PM »

I'm thrilled with this nose-clip concept.

All along I've been wishing I could use my organic virgin coconut oil (because of its many healing and cleansing properties) as my SLD oil, but it is far too tastey.

Last night I went to a sporting-goods store and came away with some Speedo clips. Voilą! Not the slightest trace of taste in my coconut oil. I left the clips on for about ten minutes afterward, drinking water all the while. There was no residue of coconut taste in my mouth when I unclipped.

I'm also going to try it with healthy but non-delicious concoctions like whey protein with psyllium husks thrown in. If I don't lose weight then, by gosh!

(I've been at SLD constantly and conscienciously since May 5, first using ELOO and the canola, and have lost four pounds ...)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18