Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
What to do if you're not losing: Noseclips

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17]   Go Down

Author Topic: What to do if you're not losing: Noseclips  (Read 95915 times)

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
Re: What to do if you're not losing: Noseclips
« Reply #240 on: January 18, 2007, 08:00:10 AM »

I think they would count as points, they are still calories. But since they are flavorless ones thanks to the noseclip, they help lowering your setpoint in the long run.
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

andrea84

« Reply #241 on: January 18, 2007, 09:56:20 AM »

it's reccomended that you observe the 2hr flavorfree window for maximum effect, but many people don't worry about it and they still recieve AS from noseclipping

-Re-Started Oct. 30, 2008

bekel

• Global Moderator
  • I <3 omega-3s
« Reply #242 on: August 06, 2007, 08:01:24 AM »

But realize that is not everyone. I have to keep my flavorfree window. It's not unusual for me to take my oil, eat my breakfast (if I have hunger) and brush my teeth, rinse my mouth out and THEN unclip. Got all the flavors done and gone.

You are your own labrat. ;)

Proud member of Lab Rats United, noseclipped unit: Tested on since May 18, 2006.

losing-it

« Reply #243 on: October 09, 2007, 01:22:06 PM »

I've been doing the noseclipping more and more the past couple weeks. Started with oatmeal/protien powder mix and protein shakes. Today will be my first day of all noseclipped food for the 3 main meals. I've had 2 main meals (1 cup of cooked ground turkey, oatmeal lentils, veggies, EVOO, ground flaxseed, salt, pepper and turmeric (at least the salt on warm food gives some sense of tastebud satisfaction). So far, so good with the appetite suppression. I balked at noseclipping all this year. But I've been stalled out for months, and do want to reach goal weight without adding oil or sweetener (esp. sugar), and to get the scale and inch, and clothing size reductions back on track. It seems to make it easier to be more concise with calories, since I want to try taking in 10 calories per pound of goal weight...we'll see how this goes. I plan to noseclip the 3 main meals each day this week through Saturday, barring any unexpected meals that must be eaten away from home.

mpq

• PA USA
« Reply #244 on: October 12, 2007, 07:51:29 AM »

It seems to make it easier to be more concise with calories, since I want to try taking in 10 calories per pound of goal weight...

That is an interesting idea. Did you read this somewhere?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

losing-it

« Reply #245 on: October 12, 2007, 09:25:41 AM »

The noseclipping idea comes from Dr. Roberts, of course -- making up some mush idea came from SLDer, Rosekelly -- and the calorie deficit numbers came from a great Hussman Fitness online article:

http://www.hussmanfitness.org/html/TFCalories.html

Hussman Fitness is based on the Body for Life Program http://www.bodyforlife.com/index.asp which I'm following right now. So, putting the balanced nutrtion into an SLD noseclipped mush works well with counting my calories (makes it easy) -- as it is something I do much of the time, even if only for keeping track of what I'm consuming.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18