Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
What to do if you're not losing: Crazy Spicing 2.0

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: What to do if you're not losing: Crazy Spicing 2.0  (Read 64106 times)

Hogan.Knows.Best

Re: What to do if you're not losing: Crazy Spicing 2.0
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2008, 05:24:08 AM »

hi there, is it possible if i just make fruit juice and add the spice blends to that or does it have to have protein powder in it to get the
calories needed?
Hogan Knows Best, Brother!

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2008, 05:37:27 AM »

The more calories the better. And not getting enough protein may cause hunger; so the protein powder is good for that reason, too.

drmarion

I am stuck too
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2008, 04:44:14 PM »

Hello;

I lost about 12 pounds in three months; now I am stuck for the last two weeks at the same weight--and it even goes up a pound and then down again.  I am doing everything the same.  I am happy with this much weight loss (just about a size 12 --almost from a 16), but I want to lose 20 more pounds.

I wonder why I can't lose more?

Dr. Marion

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2008, 05:21:46 PM »

Possibly your body is taking the time to "recalibrate" itself from the weight you have lost.
Just keep your routine and don't lose heart.

I just came off from a 3 month plateau.
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
Re: I am stuck too
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2008, 05:40:02 PM »

Hello;

I lost about 12 pounds in three months; now I am stuck for the last two weeks at the same weight--and it even goes up a pound and then down again.  I am doing everything the same.  I am happy with this much weight loss (just about a size 12 --almost from a 16), but I want to lose 20 more pounds.

I wonder why I can't lose more?

Dr. Marion

hi Marion,

it's unlikely you have reached the bottom after three months...possible but unlikely. Every now & then weight loss pauses for unknown reasons.

SixtiesLibber

« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2008, 07:41:22 AM »

Dr. M, How many grams of carbs do you eat a day?

100g/day is sort of an upper bound for sustained weight loss with many persons needing to go as low as 20 to 30 g/day. 

Try lowering your carb intake gradually and note what happens.

Here's something that helped me understand carbs.  When you get your fasting blood sugar tested, it's supposed to be below 100.  And it should almost never go above 200.  Well, I finally checked and found what what those numbers mean, that's 100 milligrams per deciliter. That's kind of a weird measurement but it's actually the same as 1000 milligrams per liter or 1 gram per liter.  In other words, normally your blood has only 1 gram of glucose (sugar) per liter. (A liter is almost the same as a quart.)  Adults have something like 5 quarts of blood in their bodies.  So at any one time you only have about 5 grams of glucose circulating in your blood.   That's the equivalent of about 1 teaspoon of sugar or one-third of a piece of "squishy white bread."

So obviously if you eat carbs, your body has to do something with them pretty quickly and apparently making fat is one possibility.

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
    • http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
« Reply #96 on: February 29, 2008, 07:39:59 PM »

Dr. M, How many grams of carbs do you eat a day?

100g/day is sort of an upper bound for sustained weight loss with many persons needing to go as low as 20 to 30 g/day. 

Try lowering your carb intake gradually and note what happens.

Here's something that helped me understand carbs.  When you get your fasting blood sugar tested, it's supposed to be below 100.  And it should almost never go above 200.  Well, I finally checked and found what what those numbers mean, that's 100 milligrams per deciliter. That's kind of a weird measurement but it's actually the same as 1000 milligrams per liter or 1 gram per liter.  In other words, normally your blood has only 1 gram of glucose (sugar) per liter. (A liter is almost the same as a quart.)  Adults have something like 5 quarts of blood in their bodies.  So at any one time you only have about 5 grams of glucose circulating in your blood.   That's the equivalent of about 1 teaspoon of sugar or one-third of a piece of "squishy white bread."

So obviously if you eat carbs, your body has to do something with them pretty quickly and apparently making fat is one possibility.

That was really interesting.  Since reading most of Taubes book I've found myself unable to face eating sugar.  Just gave away the last of the Omega 3 bread.

deMuralist

« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2012, 09:42:45 AM »

This is interesting.  I made a smoothie a couple of days ago, and while I didn't spice it, I used a combination of flavors that I didn't recognize.  It totally filled me up and ended up being my lunch, and I ended up losing that day.  I am going to give this a shot for my lunches.  I never know what to eat then, as I am mildly hungry, but nothing is interesting.  I have a ton of spice blends sitting around the house, combinations should be easy to come up with. 

deMuralist

« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2012, 11:31:12 AM »

Lunch today was a smoothie...

2T HWC
1/3C coconut milk
1/3C water
1/2C frozen blueberries
1/2C frozen spinach
1 scoop Jay Robb Whey, chocolate
stevia
1/4tsp xylitol
1tsp cocoa powder
1tsp cinnamon
1/4tsp powdered chili
1/4tsp @ of the penzey heart spices

It was interesting, not unpleasant, odd how the mind tries to find familiar flavors at every sip, and just could not quite do it.

Very filling, and actually as time passes I seem to be getting fuller.

Tomorrow, I will change up the spice blends and add some flax meal. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18