Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
What to do if you're not losing: Crazy Spicing 2.0

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: What to do if you're not losing: Crazy Spicing 2.0  (Read 64087 times)

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
Re: What to do if you're not losing: Crazy Spicing 2.0
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2006, 09:46:43 AM »

right. you need to have different spices each time. and I'm sorry to tell you that those spices are probably not enough. I use 5 or so spice blends--each one has 5 or so spices. So I have about 25 spices. You had 7.

you can tell if the spices are not enough if you can identify any of them. If you could tell there was vanilla in the drink, for instance, then there wasn't enough. I think spice blends work better than spices because you are unlikely to have had them anywhere else. Vanila, nutmeg, and chinese 5-spice are flavors you may have had in food you buy already spiced (e.g., vanilla ice cream). Whereas a spice blend you buy (at least, an uncommon one) you are unlikely to have ever had before.

firmfaith

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2006, 02:52:45 PM »

Ok.  Thanks for the info.  Next time I go to the grocery store I will try to find spice blends but you can make your own, right?

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2006, 03:35:39 PM »

I don't know if you can make your own. I've never tried.

SixtiesLibber

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2006, 06:52:01 PM »

For people who have problems with smoothies I'd like to point out that you might try avoiding stevia.  I find it upsets my stomach and I know others who have the same problem. 

Also stevia can lower your blood pressure.  I once drank a smoothie (before I found out about this) that I'd made with whey powder that had stevia in it (i.e. I didn't add any additional stevia) and went for a walk soon afterwards and had to sit down because I felt so faint and dizzy.  (And I've never ever fainted in my whole life.)

And while I'm on the topic, I've tried 4-5 different brands of vanilla whey powder and found that my digestive system reacts differently to all of them. (I use whey powder because I'm allergic to eggs and I don't like soy.)  The one I like best is Naturade, which includes the digestive enzymes papain and bromelain.  It takes patience to read the Ingredients list for whey powders since they usually include the various amino acids along with added the flavorings, sweeteners, enzymes, and so forth.  But I think it's worth it, especially if you are having problems.

firmfaith

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2006, 07:40:15 PM »

Can someone give a list of the spices they put in their smoothies?  I'd just like to get a better idea of what kind of spices
to put in it!  Anyone?  Thanks! :D
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 06:19:56 AM by firmfaith »

kdiva78

• Waiting for my AS to kick in
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2006, 06:27:53 AM »

Today I used nutmeg,chili powder, cinnimon, ginger, and Italian seasoning. I added them to a chocolate protien powder with milk. BUT I added way too much chili powder and not enough of anything else. All I could taste was the chili powder and oregano, and it was not pleasant. So from reading the above I have come to the conclusion that I should have added equal amounts of the spices (I should have measured and not just sprinkled) and I should use more spice blends than just spices. Also it is very important to use different combinations of spices each time. I think I get it now.

But do I still have to wait one hour before taking my oil dosage? I'm thinking yes but am not sure.

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2006, 09:34:48 AM »

no you don't have to wait an hour. Because you will never have that flavor combination again, it doesn't matter f it becomes associated with calories.

garfysmom

• Love me, love my cat (Garfy)
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2006, 09:37:25 AM »

Can you "Crazy Spice" anything? 

I added nuts and a blend of seasonings to a salad, and got a full feeling very quickly.

Not losing weight - that means I am looking to find it later... and I'm not looking...;-)

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2006, 04:32:28 PM »

yes, you can crazy spice anything. With crazy-spicing you are Behind the Weight-Loss Looking Glass: The more calories the better. the more calories, the more weight loss.

garfysmom

• Love me, love my cat (Garfy)
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2006, 04:41:03 PM »

Thank you Seth.  I just wanted to make sure that I could use salad as a Crazy.  So many posts mention the smoothies, but I just don't always have time to so that in the morning before work.  A salad is so much simplier, as I cut the lettuce up and place it in zip top bags at the beginning of the week, and just pull one out on the way out the door.

Thanks again.

Hope to move this ticker in a few days.  Just getting started.

Not losing weight - that means I am looking to find it later... and I'm not looking...;-)

Mama2B

« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2006, 11:50:38 AM »

Okay... I decided to try this out today... I will be sure to let you know how well the AS is with this concoction...  :lol:

Milk
1 scoop Isopure protein powder
1 scoop vanilla ice cream
1 Handfull of Frozen Tropical Fruit
1/2t Taco Seasoning
1/2t Szechwan Seasoning
1/2t Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2t Greek Seasoning
SLD since 10/4/06.

go2grl

« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2006, 12:46:31 PM »

Oh quick, someone hand me a noseclip!!!  :lol: 

You all are ALOT braver than I am!
Living La Vida SLD!

Mama2B

« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2006, 01:24:21 PM »

go2grl  :lol:  I was PETRIFIED to try my smoothy deal... SERIOUSLY!!!  I didn't think I was going to be able to handle it... BUT... It was just like Seth said it would be... Spicy and creamy...  It didn't make me want to gag or anything... it was just entirely unusual!  WEIRD!  I was scared though...  :lol:
SLD since 10/4/06.

timmmmyboy

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2006, 04:45:23 PM »

After all the positive comments I'm really tempted to try something like this, though I need to pick up some protein powder or something. Bring on the weirdness!

falconcy

« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2006, 04:52:03 PM »

You could use other protein sources without the same price hit of the Protein Powder, I sometimes use Cottage Cheese or Powdered Milk (Skimmed)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18