Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Marianna's Progress

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Marianna's Progress  (Read 35861 times)

mpq

• PA USA
Re: Marianna's Progress
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2007, 02:51:37 PM »

I tried Falconcy's recipe for the lemon drink today, and I was starving by the time I got home from work today. I haven't been that hungry for a long time. So I had a couple ounces of cheese , made sugar free lemonade(crystal light) and put real lemon juice and cayenne pepper in it. I feel much better now. I need that intense flavor, I guess. But I also want the benefits of the real lemon juice and pepper. Think it will still work my way? What are the benefits of the maple syrup?
I hope it has some wonderful benefits, 'cause I have a full bottle of real maple syrup in my pantry
and the french toast is calling! :(

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

falconcy

« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2007, 03:45:30 PM »

The maple syrup got me through the 10 day stretch, I guess it worked for me. It apparently has a load of good nutrition in it.

Marianna

« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2008, 07:47:17 AM »

Hi Shangri-La Folks.  Long time no see--I am back--I have successfully lost 30 lbs by changing my diet to a lean low carb (think Kimkins) regime.  Lately, however, I have been struggling with sweet cravings, and the like--and it seemed like a signal to revisit ELOO--two days of flavourless oil, and the cravings are gone!  I have another 15 lbs or so to lose, so I think I am going to keep up with the oil for awhile and see if it makes a difference--

So good to see my old friends still around--Hey Akhdar!  How you doing girl?  Frenata, Pinkmug, Losingit--good to see everyone--

More later

Marianna

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2008, 08:42:07 AM »

hey, hey, Marianna!!! Good to see you back! Not because you're having sweet cravings of course but ELOO will take care of that  :D flip side of the coin of restrictive diets. But 15 lbs is next to nothing. Good luck with those!! Keep posting pleeeeeeeeaaaase!!!
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

mpq

• PA USA
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2008, 10:07:58 AM »

Welcome Back!
Tell me more about your diet. Any SLD calories in there?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

akhdar

« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2008, 01:46:58 PM »

Hi Marianna!

I had been wondering about you and wishing you well....but you exceeded my best wishes, even! Thirty pounds! This is wonderful, extraordinary! So glad to hear...such enlivening news....!!!

So happy that you are back in the forum with your combination of technical sagesse, profound wisdom and humour.

Give me a call if you are ever in the area and we can discuss over chai lattes (or water with fructose). Again, congratulations on your amazing success. You are an inspiration!

Kisses,

Akhdar

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2008, 02:22:20 PM »

Hi Marianna

its great that you lost so much weight with 'kimkins' i was interested so  i googled it and found this site. http://www.dietsinreview.com/diets/Kimkins/
please anyone who is thinking about this diet read it - right through till the end.
we really do have to be careful of whom to trust.
 :(

Marianna

« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2008, 05:49:06 PM »

yes--it is true--Heidi Diaz was a conman and a liar---but I gotta say the diet worked for me when other things didn't work--I have never in my life lost all the weight until now--no matter what I tried--I think Kimkins (lean low carb plus healthy oils, a la shangri law, is probably a winning combination--at least it was for me!

Marianna

« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2009, 09:09:45 PM »

Hey all--I am back.  Anyone remember me?  I have actually been here more or less since the beginning.  I went away and tried some things that backfired on me (long story--another time)--but have been reviewing these boards for the last few days and see some familiar faces (Hi Pinkmug!)  I will update more later, but am happy to be posting here again. 

Cheers

Marianna

Clarinette

« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2009, 06:56:35 AM »

Hi Marianna,

I am not sure that I have meat you before but I am still saying Hello to you and Welcome back  :D

Marianna

« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2009, 07:23:36 AM »

We did meet Clarinette--I remember you inspiring me to try lemon water with and without food, which I still do to this day!  So glad to see you are still here, and am so happy to see your progress!  Sticking with SLD seems to pay off--I will try and remember that this time.

After a disastrous experiment with lowfat/lowcarb, (the weight just POURED back on when I stopped), I have had a lot of success doing No S (no sweets, seconds, or snacks except on days that start with S)--I recently went back to drinking oil in the afternoon as the AS really helps with the No Snacks part of No S.  Many people on the No S boards also do SLD--seems like a perfect fit.  I really have benefited from eliminating snacking--

I am not the most frequent poster, but enjoy reading everything you all have been up to!

Marianna

Clarinette

« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2009, 08:48:51 AM »

Marianna I think that I do remember you. Did you have Glasses when your where a young girl and did you have that picture of you when you where young as a avatar?

I was away too for a while. I was too busy with my life that was all over the place. I sadly gain back the weight because I basically stop taking the SLD's calories. This time around I will not do that. I almost lost the weight gained. I just need to loose about 12 pounds to reach my low of last time. Again, Shangri La did the job for me. Interesting the S thing... Never thought of that one. In french we have the No P. Pain=Bread , Potatoes, Pasta, Patisseries=Bakery .
I wish you luck Marianna and nice to have you back with us :)

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2009, 09:33:05 AM »

No Clari that was Andrea

Hi Marianna, yes I remember you well!! We chitted chatted a lot!! Glad you're back. I was doing the No S for a while, I used to go to the forum but it gets boring. Now I do No D's (no deprivations LOL).

good it's working for you and SLD will help for sure. Welcome baaaaaack dear Marianne!!!
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2009, 10:00:36 AM »

hello marianne!!!!

Marianna

« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2009, 10:27:04 AM »

Hi Nougat!  I see Falconcy is still here--too bad Frenata isn't around anymore.  I adored Frenata and her sense of humour--
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18