Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Marianna's Progress

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Marianna's Progress  (Read 35883 times)

Marianna

Re: Marianna's Progress
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2007, 02:04:46 PM »

ok--so--flavours between meals and same flavours with meals--I can do that--

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2007, 02:30:09 PM »

Marianna, my view on this one is much more simplistic. It may be part of the flavor/calorie association spectrum, or unlearning flavor, or whatever...but that's not really the way I'm looking at it.

I hit this technique myself when I switched to a majority of my calories flavorless. I found that, in between, I was craving flavor. Outside my flavor-free window, I would hit the fridge and just taste various condiments...a bit of garlic paste, a bit of horseradish, mustard, cocktail sauce without the shrimp, a small spoonful of raspberry jam. Not enough to get significant calories, just a strong hit of taste. Then I picked up some sugarfree gum, because the onions in my lunch salad were making my mouth taste nasty. I discovered something like cinnamon or wintergreen gum allowed me to go long periods without even thinking about food.

I may be wrong, but I think it's simply a matter of desiring taste. Not meals, not food, not a bellyful of anything, just mouth flavor. It's like calories without flavor satisfies hunger, and flavor without calories satisfies...the rest of the desire that isn't satisfied.
Running weight tally:

Clarinette

« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2007, 04:17:29 PM »

Marianna,
The drink has to be a strong flavour with no calories in it as:  Lemon Water,Lime, Apple cider Vinegar, Black Coffee, Black Tea, Diet Coke, Diet Pop, Diet Gum etc. Me and Talking Rat think also that Acidic drink seem to work better. More you taste it better it is I would say.

This is What I Do:

1- I totally forget about the window of 2 hours.... I don't do it anymore.

2- I Wake-Up in the morning....Take a coffee with my milk as I like it.
One hour after I am done with my coffees...Breakfast time.
There goes my SLD Association
I am taking one or two sip of my Lemon Water and then start to eat while keeping sipping some Lemon Water during my meal. After Breakfast, I keep sipping on my lemon water all morning and don't worry about it... If I get hungry, I take more Lemon water till lunch time.

3- Lunch time... Before starting I take one or two sip of Lemon Water and then start to eat While keeping sipping some Lemon Water. After the lunch is done I keep sipping on my lemon Water till diner time.... etc. 

After diner, I still will sip on The Lemon Water till night time.

4- When I get hungry I sip more on my Lemon Water... lol

Stupid, Simple but it works very well to give me AS. It is just a little different as feeling but it work. If I get too full I reduce the in between Lemon Water.

TalkingRat

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2007, 05:05:17 PM »

Hmm, I think I'll take my coffee with milk, at least the first one!  The flavor's there, and I like cappuccinos, even if I can't always spell it.   Then if I want it for AS flavor, I'll  have it black, between and during meals.  I'd been doing a flavor and waiting an hour, too, just as you did, because I'm not hungry for food until a few hours after I've been awake, but I like coffee.  Hmm, I just had a cappuccino, and I'm not interested in dinner.  But DS is, sigh.  Other than tooth enamel, I want to watch for signs of low potassium level, because of the diuretic effect.  Hmm, if lip gloss can mess up an SLD window, maybe it can become the calorie-free flavor, too.  Wouldn't that be something.

Frenata, I do think it's something different than just strong flavor -- because I was having the same flavors between meals (coffee, peppermint gum, diet coke) or during meals (ACV) but didn't use the flavor both between and during.  No effect then, just a minor one for ACV during meals.   And like Clarinette, I'm not taking SLD oil -- except for my 60 calories of fishoil, and I take it even if I messed up the window. 

Marianna

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2007, 07:43:53 PM »

OK--so Frenata--I have done as you have done--tastes of things between meals--but I am not sure it has ever given me much AS--I have just had a craving for strong flavours.  I have noticed for many years that if I have a cup of coffee it immediately kills my appetite, but I guess I thought this was some chemical property of coffee, rather than the flavour--for example, hot tea sometimes kills my appetite and sometimes not.  I have absolutely noticed that hot lemonade kills my appetite--it is what I -drink during the work day in order to make it between meals-=-hot lemon crystal lite--but this thing that Clarinette and TR are talking about--sipping a flavour during AND between meals--I will have to work on that one and see how it goes--I would love to have AS without all the oil calories--and my oil AS has never been reliable--

I so appreciate the post mortem here--

M-

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2007, 09:44:36 AM »

Marianna, I wanted to post the ingredients of my diuretic as you asked, but I can't find that thread...
So here goes!  :)

Maltodextrine, fructose, chicory fiber, powdered cherry, extracts of: horsetail, fucus, green nettle, artichoke and boldo, citric acid.

44 calories per envelope (1 a day).
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

mpq

• PA USA
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2007, 10:01:11 AM »

Pinkmug, is this a packaged deal? You don't put all that together?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2007, 10:03:27 AM »

Yes, it's a box with 8 envelopes with the powder to dissolve in water!  8)
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

Marianna

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2007, 03:22:54 PM »

I find, oddly enough, that when I have oatmeal for breakfast, I pee my brains out for hours!

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2007, 03:42:10 PM »

I find, oddly enough, that when I have oatmeal for breakfast, I pee my brains out for hours!

I don't get that. But for the first week, I pooped like a pastry bag. That's unusual for me, and I put down a good deal of my sudden loss to that. Sadly, the effect didn't last...
Running weight tally:

Marianna

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2007, 04:00:14 PM »

oy Frenata--what an image!  No more frosting for me ever! :lol:

conductor

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2007, 04:18:50 PM »

oy Frenata--what an image!  No more frosting for me ever! :lol:

Maybe we could hire Frenata to give us some instant imagery for all of our favorite foods.  She could retire, and wouldn't have to smell the food from the cafeteria at work any more... :D

Sing to the Lord, all the earth.

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2007, 05:07:23 PM »

Maybe we could hire Frenata to give us some instant imagery for all of our favorite foods.

Ohhh pleezzee NOOOOO - given frenata's sense of humour I can just imagine what she would do with sausages and bread rolls and chocolate cake and chips.   :lol: :lol:

losing-it

« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2007, 05:27:21 PM »

Wha? Are ya'll makin' up new SLD diet techniques again? After CFF (Calorie-Free Flavors) what will this one be called? FIFI (Frenata's Instant Food Imagery)?

lvivianka

« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2007, 07:49:45 PM »

maybe her imagery will make us not want to eat the stuff ever again :wink:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18