Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Marianna's Progress

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Marianna's Progress  (Read 36198 times)

losing-it

Re: Marianna's Progress
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2007, 07:22:59 AM »

Sounds like a fun time for you, losing-it, at work with your dh the other day! I bet you even feel younger after all that positive attention! Lets let these people think what they want. You are a great example that SLD and JDDDD is working. You are a work in progress and everyone is going to take notice. Keep on keeping on!
Terri

It helps getting that positive reinforcement, yep it does. Makes it real and alive. I don't mind when people think my fat-loss methods are whacky. I've always liked being different, or "not in the norm" -- and I don't mean trying to be individual by copying other "nonconformists" -- to me, that individuality means being and acting with in the realm of one's authentic self -- allowing that uniqueness -- and not minding what others think, except to not be purposely offensive. I think that is why a sort of "non-conformist" method of fat-loss like SLD is appealing - because it is authentic, thought out, and definitely not in the mainstream of ideas of which all mainstream diets ultimately run on the same principle, all generally displaying the same pitfalls and limited success. SLD is in its own league. IF/CR (intermittant fasting / calorie restriction) is also in its own league. Both are very different from mainstream diet-thought, not difficult (simplicity matters), and display unexpected and even astounding health benefits.

the poetessó
only her washing machine is set
on "Normal"

go2grl

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2007, 10:16:23 PM »

the poetessó
on "Normal"

Love this one - made me laugh!† And I can't resist proposing a new version:

Slenderella
on "Normal"

You go Losing-it!  creeping up on the half way mark! WOOT!
Living La Vida SLD!

losing-it

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2007, 10:37:17 PM »

:D :lol: :P :lol: :) :lol: :shock: :lol: thanks go2girl  :wink:

Mother says
something's wrong with my poetry...
perhaps it's me

senryu from dwb (I'm cracked & I know it)† :lol:

Terri

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2007, 09:33:37 AM »

Losing-it,
You are wonderful and you are my friend.  :)  I set my washing machine on delicate! It works very well because I don't play in the mud!
Terri

losing-it

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2007, 09:42:47 AM »

Losing-it,
You are wonderful and you are my friend.† :)† I set my washing machine on delicate! It works very well because I don't play in the mud!
Terri
:) Love you, too, Terri-fellow washer-woman...et al! :) I love mud. Makes good pots. I only collect them, but would love to throw them myself  :P

Terri

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2007, 09:48:15 AM »

Me, too, Losing it! (((((((Hugs)))))))
Terri

go2grl

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2007, 10:38:42 AM »

:D :lol: :P :lol: :) :lol: :shock: :lol: thanks go2girl† :wink:

Mother says
something's wrong with my poetry...
perhaps it's me

senryu from dwb (I'm cracked & I know it)† :lol:

:lol: Nothing wrong with you losing-it!  Normal is overrated if you ask me.  I think you've cranked that dial all the way to awesome.   :D
Living La Vida SLD!

Marianna

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2007, 07:31:08 AM »

Just an update--I would say I am doing SLD in a kinda half assed way--sometimes I take oil, more often than not lately, I don't--I am still kind of zone dieting, but had to stop eating nuts, because I broke out in horrible fever blisters--(nuts can stimulate Herpes Titer I-oral coldsores--to take off--along with a weird kind of depression and fatigue)--so looking for good fats to use instead of nuts--

but really, the thing I am doing that seems to be peeling fat off nonstop--is long slow walking--like 3-4 hours of walking at a time--maybe 30 miles per week--DH and I are training for the Avon Breast Cancer Walk--so I am walking 6 miles before work most days (takes about an hour and 40 minutes) and longer walks of 10-14 miles on the weekend.  You guys who know me know that I have been an exercise nut all along--I have a terminally slow metabolism and belong to a social group that works out pretty strenuously--and yet I have been stuck at more or less the same weight for the last year--SLD has helped enormously with cravings and with relieving "food tension"--but my weight really stayed pretty stuck til now. 

Now--this long slow walking is really working a miracle for me--I think Frenata mentioned having success with this method as well--so if there is anyone out there who is stuck and can't make a difference, walk an hour to someplace, then turn around and walk back!

My size 10 Ann Taylor pants are loose.  Oh. My. Gawd.

Marianna

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2007, 08:15:18 AM »

Now--this long slow walking is really working a miracle for me--I think Frenata mentioned having success with this method as well--so if there is anyone out there who is stuck and can't make a difference, walk an hour to someplace, then turn around and walk back!

Yep. Long periods of low intensity exercise -- i.e. very long walks. Optimally, six or seven miles. Though I haven't done many of them lately.

I've done the gym thing in the past, and it helped stamina and muscle tone, but I never lost weight. My first weight loss breakthrough was Atkins and long walks -- I lost 25 pounds and kept it off even after I came off of Atkins. That lasted five years, until I found SLD.
Running weight tally:

TalkingRat

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2007, 08:37:49 AM »

Marianna, wonderful news!!  You know, with long walks, you could combine it with the calorie-less flavors concept.  When I told an online friend about SLD, she had already discovered AS on her own.  She found that 90 minutes of moderate exercise broke her plateau, and sipped flavored sports drinks, heavily watered down, as she exercised.  An undiluted bottle was 20-50 calories, so there didn't seem to be enough calories for SLD, but now I'm thinking it was the "flavor between meals" effect.  It's a bit early to tell, but the satiety effect was immediate for me last night:  I ate less than 100 calories, and as soon as I had a few sips of flavor (I was using very dilute ACV),  I was full.   Hunger returned sooner than with SLD, but was moderated by more flavor. 

I could use the 90 minutes of walking, but I'll leave the 3-4 hour walks to you.  100 minutes is an impressive pre-work commitment.  Congratulations on your loose pants!!   

Clarinette

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2007, 10:08:00 AM »

Marianna,

It is nice to see that something is working for you. You will be in good shape if you walk as much as that everyday. WOW
Your husband and you are very courageous. It takes discipline to do that. Bravo! and I hope that you pants will fall on the floor soon.  :P

losing-it

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2007, 10:57:30 AM »

Alright Marianna! A big Wh00t to you! It's always great to hear how others are doing it, and to see if it might be something to implement. I'm walking 1/2 hr to 60 minutes at present. May try to up that...and eat more oatmeal (NC).

Marianna

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2007, 11:59:41 AM »

TR--despite having read the calorieless flavour thread, I admit to still being confused--as a lifelong dieter, I have depended on diet drinks, chewing gum, etc to manage my hunger--but I wouldn't say I got AS as a result--maybe temporarily staving off the need to eat.  Could those of you who are doing this share more details?  Do you use flavourless windows along with calorieless flavour?  What is your flavour of choice?  How exactly does this work?  I am kind of confused.

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2007, 12:31:30 PM »

Marianna, I'm one of the lab-rats doing the calorieless flavour thing - and even I'm still confused a bit too! It seems that by associating a flavour with your meals, if you take that flavour in between meals without food, your brain should figure that you got calories as well and AS should kick in.† My feeling is that it will take time for this brain association to develop, so I've put myself on a two week trial of having fresh lemon juice in water with two meals a day and then having some lemon water between meals. I'm still doing ELOO twice a day as well.† I think this might be an alternative to nose-clipping and crazy spicing, and for me, a much easier option.  I'm still playing around with it a bit but time will tell!

TalkingRat

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2007, 02:02:28 PM »

Marianna, since I had nothing to lose (or is that everything), I just dove in.  Yesterday I had calorie-less flavor all day between meals:  1 teaspoon ACV in a pint of water.  That's enough to know it's ACV and not enough to make it unpleasant.  I like it with ice chips, almost a refreshing beverage.  I also had black coffee, and peppermint sugarfree gum.  Then, I sat down to a small meal and as soon as I started sipping ACV or coffee, I was stuffed, suddenly and immediately.  Later, I had half an apple and followed it up by gum, and got full.  I had already had all these flavors as between-meal flavors, and it hit me when I had them again at (or right after) a meal. 

Clarinette had taken ACV before, between meals, and I had taken ACV before, with or right after meals, and any effect was very modest.  But take a noncaloric flavor both "between and during" meals, and something happens that makes me full.  So it's different than SLD.  With SLD, satiety to me meant I felt full sooner.  I might need to pause part way through the meal, to give it a little time to catch up with me, but it was strong when AS worked.  When AS was really good with SLD, I wasn't hungry.  So far with this, my hunger comes back at regular intervals, but while I'm eating, as soon as I've had about 4 oz of my flavor, the satiety hits me like I just had a 1000 calorie meal.  Hard and fast, and I'd even say uncomfortably so.  If I'm hungry, having more flavor lets me hold off longer, but I don't get full just having flavor.  I get full when I have flavor plus calories.

I was sure that since I had that lingering flavor problem, I needed a window around the calorie-free flavor period.  Nope.  I got hungry right after I drank more ACV, and ate anyway; when I added the ACV at the meal, I was stuffed.   As long as I'd had the flavor 'between' already, then it didn't matter if I started eating while I was sipping, because that would make it a 'during' time.   :lol:   From what Clarinette says, I may not have to even do "between" as much as I did yesterday. 

I was really running out of control with carb addition.  That's gone, replaced with protein.  I still think of carbs, the really tempting ones, but when I get to the refrigerator/pantry, meh.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18