Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Marianna's Progress

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Marianna's Progress  (Read 36199 times)

mpq

• PA USA
Re: Marianna's Progress
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2007, 02:37:01 PM »

Suddenly Slimmer?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

losing-it

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 02:37:49 PM »

one thing to consider, for tightening skin, is that Suddenly Slimmer thinggy.  I think I'm going to go get it done once I reach goal (because I'm sure I will need it)

I might have to do that, Andrea. You know, I had found a big bag of elastic bandages on sale last year and bought them for who knows what reason, except that it was like $2 for 20 of them, or something like that. And whenever we need one, there is never one around. I gave some to my daughter for her family, but I still have a bunch. Maybe I'll soak them in a mix of Dead Sea Salt, Himilayan Pink Salt, Epsom Salt, the lemonade scented salt scrub I have by Giovanni (from Whole Foods Market), and some other toxin-drawing junk - use them as body wrap.  On my progress thread, today, I had mentioned a great face/body moisturizer I concocted from my SLD oils, etc. Sometimes, when I go out to sunbathe (first time in about 20 years since I've sunbathed!), I slather on the Giovanni Salt Scrub over that moisture oil mix and/or Coconut Oil, and dang if the cellulite and skin doesn't firm up really nice for awhile. Not perfect, but better. And smoother than a baby's behind -- continuously through the day and night and next day.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 04:05:21 PM by losing-it »

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 02:39:04 PM »

Well, I've lost sixty pounds if you count what I lost before SLD and I'm 47. I've been pleasantly surprised that my skin isn't too loose. I was terrified of being jowly -- I think a nice, clean jawline is the most important line on the face. I hated having a double chin. So far, so good. It's hard to see how another 25 pounds will be different.

I think the oil is helping skin HUGELY compared to other diets.
Running weight tally:

Marianna

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2007, 02:52:16 PM »

what dat??  Girdle?  Full body girdle?  What kinda thingy???

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2007, 02:55:33 PM »

It's a spa with an herbal wrap, if Mister Google steered me right.
Running weight tally:

losing-it

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2007, 04:04:28 PM »

Now this is a riot. Here I am sitting at the desk garbed in 5 elastic body bandages around my thighs, waist and bingo-wings. I just had to give it a shot -- at least a version of the Suddenly Slimmer with those odd elastic wraps I had left. So I slather on coconut oil, then slather my magic potion oil/kombucha/hyaluronic acid, etc., and lastly rub in my Giovanni lemon-peppermint salt scrub. And then wrap up the worst parts with wet elastic bandages. Next, I put a generous amount of my magic oil potion in the bathtub running with hot water. At last I get in and soak for about 30 minutes - can't make it to 60. But the bandages are still on for another 30 minutes, so I am sitting here writing about it in my partially mummified birthday suit.  :shock: Yeech! I doubt if I'll lose any inches. Too hard to wrap yourself. But it's kind of fun. I think I'll visit one of those places when I win the lottery.

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2007, 04:14:16 PM »

One of my big horrors was the fat ankle being fat gave me. I'd always had rather good legs and thin ankles -- and I don't have too many physiological selling points -- so puffy ankles and feet were a real heartbreak. When I first started losing weight under SLD, I noticed that long hikes in my boots tended to sweat the moisture out of my lower extremities.

On that principle, I tried wearing a waist wrap sort of thing. When I first started to gain weight, I bought this "back brace" thing that was really more of a girdle. I hoped wearing it around the house would slim my waist. It didn't really work that way. My theory is, I have six feet of excess intestine in there, ruining my silhouette.

Incidentally, to this day I hit my low weight after hikes, which soon becomes my for-real weight. I think long periods of low intensity exercise -- like several hours walking -- do more for weight loss than any other activity.
Running weight tally:

Marianna

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2007, 04:21:17 PM »

Frenata--I completely agree about the hikes--DH and I are training for the Avon Breast Cancer walk in July and have been walking anywhere from 6 to 14 miles--and I have definitely noticed some changes as a result--how far are you hiking??

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2007, 04:25:13 PM »

My favorites are 6 to 7 miles. I don't think I've gone over that, but that's about as long as trails get here in the overpopulated New England area.

If I get 3 to 4 miles, I feel like I've stretched my legs good and proper. I think there must be something about getting older and going all pagan; I find being out in the woods in the early morning recharges my batteries like nothing else. Unfortunately, scoping out local hikes is a pain, so I sometimes blow it off out of sheer laziness. I have to drive quite a ways to get out of civilization, too.
Running weight tally:

Marianna

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2007, 08:28:27 PM »

so--I watched the Tyra Banks video on Suddenly Slimmer.  What is the verdict Losing-It??  work for ya??

Terri

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2007, 08:54:36 PM »

I am loving reading all the progress going on here. One thing that I love about SLD is that if we are using ELOO, we are going to be getting a good dose of the essential fat that we need to help our tissues shrink the way we want them to. Without skin hanging down and flapping in the breeze as in "under the arm". Making sure you also get Omega 3 Fish oil into your daily regime is good insurance that will also help your tissues shrink up good and tight. I will never forget seeing a friend many years ago one summer. She had lost over a hundred pounds in a very short time and she had on a sleeveless top on and her skin in her armpit area was all folded over one layer on top of another. She had lost weight via bullimia/anorexia. Not a good way to go. I think we are all going about losing the weight in such a reasonable way. I love it. And I can't help but think "who would've thought???" Thank you Seth!
Terri

losing-it

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2007, 01:32:47 AM »

so--I watched the Tyra Banks video on Suddenly Slimmer.  What is the verdict Losing-It??  work for ya??

Nah, Marianna. but then it wasn't the "real thing." No inch loss or tightening of skin from the wraps. In fact, I bumped up a couple pounds in water/food weight this morning after my JUDDDD "feast day". Today is "lean day" for me, so it should pass by tomorrow morning. I dearly hope. (Why I Hate the Scale, and other Fat Loss Exercises of Desperation).

Ye gads, Terri, I also hope that I don't have these bingo wings turn to skin flaps when I'm at goal. Or the squishy tummy over the nicely hardening muscle turn into folds, either. I do take fish oil caps (I'm out of them at the moment) along with my ELOO, AO, MNO, FSO, CO and whatever else I add to the mix.

mpq

• PA USA
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2007, 07:38:45 AM »

If any one is interested, there are video's out there for face exercise. I have the one called facercise. It's off the market now but you can find it on half.com or like sites. They do work. Like any other body part, our face is made up of muscles. I had a man guess my age at 40 last week. Of course it was very late, in a dark bar, with "nighttime" makeup on. And... he had a lot to drink. My daughter was with me and got a good laugh out of it. :(
Just google face exercise.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

losing-it

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2007, 08:08:32 AM »

I had a man guess my age at 40 last week. Of course it was very late, in a dark bar, with "nighttime" makeup on. And... he had a lot to drink. My daughter was with me and got a good laugh out of it.

mpq, your avatar pic looks like you are 30. I have the feeling you look young, and when you get to goal you'll look even younger!

The day before yesterday I joined my husband to go to an appointment. We returned to his place of work, where his boss and other employees hadn't seen me since Christmas time. And my daughter, who works there, hadn't seen me in a couple months, either -- a lot of the crew is on a fat-loss challenge, and there is a money reward for the biggest loser, so dauighter is also losing sizes. Anyway, I had dressed up in my best figure-fitting jeans and top, and got to astound everyone with the difference from then to now. It was fun and a big ego booster. One of the guys was telling me he had seen a photo of me with my granddaughter taken a couple weeks ago, and thought I looked like a teenager. Don't I wish! And he was "blown away" by the in-person change. He's seen me lose weight before and then put it back on again --and himself keeping fit, he was happy for me. He told my husband he thought my methods of fat-loss (SLD & JUDDDD) were "whacked out, but it's sure working for her!"

I need those facial exercises, mpq !!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 07:14:13 AM by losing-it »

Terri

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2007, 07:59:17 PM »

Sounds like a fun time for you, losing-it, at work with your dh the other day! I bet you even feel younger after all that positive attention! Lets let these people think what they want. You are a great example that SLD and JDDDD is working. You are a work in progress and everyone is going to take notice. Keep on keeping on!
Terri
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18