Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Marianna's Progress

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Marianna's Progress  (Read 36188 times)

Marianna

Marianna's Progress
« on: July 23, 2006, 08:11:36 AM »

Can't find my original thread anywhere, so here is my update:

have been experimenting lately with adding sugar water in different forms to my oils--I have followed my oil with a sugar water chaser for awhile now and found that I have better appetite suppression--but now, I am adding in some sugar water sipped slowly as a midday "snack"--and I am finding even stronger suppression as a result. 

There are lots and lots of variables to manipulate in this method--so sometimes it is hard to see what is causing what--I have played a bit with my oils of late as well--going back to ELOO for awhile--as wonderful as I have felt on coconut and walnut, I want want want weight loss!  So for now I am back to 1 Tbs ELOO twice daily and I am chasing those with 1 tsp sugar in water, and I am having a midafternoon snack of 2 Tbs sugar in a liter of water--so far, excellent appetite suppression, but it is only day two.  I will continue to report on the experiment--but sugar water added into my oil day seems to be doing something for me--

Marianna

Re: Marianna's Progress
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 07:14:43 AM »

Still need to find the post with my original data to update=but I started at 175 and as of today, two months later, I am down to 165.5--just about 10 pounds.

I had not budged at all since my original drop, so I have changed a few things.  I have reintroduced ELOO in the evenings instead of coconut oil.  My sleep isn't as sound, but the weight is budging.  I have also started counting calories pretty rigorously and have notice that I have to go down to 1200-1400 (counting the oil/SW) to lose.  I am adding in an afternoon dose of plain SW, no oil, so now I am taking 1 Tbs oil chased by 1 tsp sugar in water, an afternoon pint of SW, and 1 TBs oil chased by 1 tsp SW before bed.  This seems to be moving things along, mostly by allowing me to reduce my appetite sufficiently to reduce my calories to the point where I lose.  I won't say I am not hungry ever, but I seem to be able to tolerate my hunger.   

I am still a bit more relaxed on the weekends with socializing and whatnot, and I am leaving on vacation on Monday for two weeks--so we shall see how that goes.  I am heartened by the reports of others who have gone on vacation and gained very little, or else dropped what they have gained as soon as they restarted their regimen.  I am taking my oil with me, but I do know that alcohol and sweets tend to destroy the SDL effect for me, and I don't intend to do without on holiday.

After a long long time, I am beginning to see progress.  It is excruciatingly slow, but progress.  For me, I had to really scrutinize how many calories I was taking in.  I just don't lose weight unless there is tremendous restriction of calories.  I was looking at Steven's  (Ethesis') food logs--he has lost so much weight because the SDL method allowed him to severely limit his calories.  I thought I was doing the same thing, but for me, if I am over 1500 calories a day, even by a smidgen, I don't lose--I also exercise intensely, probably too much according to recent posts I have read.

I also intend to start trying some of these new extracredit ideas: crazy spicing 2.0, noseplugs--

I so so appreciate everyone on this board--it is the  most interesting place to be.  I so appreciate Seth for making this space and creating SDL.  I feel hope around my weight in a way I have never felt in my life.  You have no idea how grateful I am.

Marianna

akhdar

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 08:19:02 PM »

Have a lovely vacation, Marianna.

We shall miss your sweet presence and eagerly await your safe return.

Have fun!

Best,

Akhdar.

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 10:04:58 PM »

you're welcome, Marianna. Thanks for letting me know.

Marianna

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 06:52:08 AM »

Loooong time since I updated this thread--am not weighing myself, because I have a tendency to react too much to scale data, but clearly something is working at last.  Since I went to 1x daily (3 Tbs ELOO) a couple of weeks ago, I am losing weight--and I would have to say that I am eating more calories than I was before--damned if I really understand.  I am (loosely) following zone principles--same diet as before --veggies, protein, fruit--but with the addition of some monosaturated fats at every meal--I am starting to really notice that I am dropping fat, and am gettiing the same feedback from others.  Can't tell you all how this makes me feel.  I am one of those uber-exercisers--can't give it up really, because my social life is embedded in my exercise life--but the idea that sometime soon, I will not be the fattest one in the room is exhilirating.  Thanks to all who have been so supportive as I have struggled with this--one of these days I might get brave enough to weigh and change my ticker--

Just had to share--

Marianna

losing-it

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 08:19:42 AM »

Loooong time since I updated this thread--am not weighing myself, because I have a tendency to react too much to scale data, but clearly something is working at last.  Since I went to 1x daily (3 Tbs ELOO) a couple of weeks ago, I am losing weight--and I would have to say that I am eating more calories than I was before--damned if I really understand.  I am (loosely) following zone principles--same diet as before --veggies, protein, fruit--but with the addition of some monosaturated fats at every meal--I am starting to really notice that I am dropping fat, and am gettiing the same feedback from others.  Can't tell you all how this makes me feel.  I am one of those uber-exercisers--can't give it up really, because my social life is embedded in my exercise life--but the idea that sometime soon, I will not be the fattest one in the room is exhilirating.  Thanks to all who have been so supportive as I have struggled with this--one of these days I might get brave enough to weigh and change my ticker--

Just had to share--

Marianna

Fantastic, Marianna! Sometimes I guess we have to eat more to lose weight, metabolically. And good fats may not make you fat, but help you shed it. I'm excited for you. I just got back from the gym (no social life for me, there), but it's sure good to have less bouncing, see the better posture and the muscles showing through.

Terri

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 08:44:41 AM »

Marianna, I too never weigh myself anymore. Same reasons as you. Now I go by the way my clothes fit and they don't fit anymore ~ they fall off!!! I have been buying new clothes each week and it is so fun. It is my reward at the end of the week. I too follow the Zone every day and the fresher the better. I know it is that and the good Omega 3's from the olive oil and fish oil that is helping me to lose. I exercise most days of the week. Either at Curves or walking outdoors.
I am so happy for you with your weight loss. Keep on keeping on!
Terri

TalkingRat

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 08:57:01 AM »

So glad it's working, Marianna!!   Hope you found that sweet spot, like Frenata did.  Today I'll drink a 3T ELOO toast to you!  I'm next in line, aren't I?   :mrgreen:   

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 02:35:37 AM »

Marianna, I'm happy for you  :D old-timer VSSP pal... So, 3 T 1x day and adding monounsaturated fats to every meal are making a difference? Wow! That's great! Keep up the godd job!!! yay! :D
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

Marianna

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 07:34:06 AM »

I really am seeing a difference in the way my clothes fit and how I feel--I am a pretty mesomorphic person--solidly built, big muscles and bones--medium height--Now I am not saying that I love what I am seeing--which is more definition, with fatblobs kind of hanging off me now (e.g., now, when I hold up my arm, a definite grandma wing is hanging down--urk)--all I can hope is that little by little, the fatblobs start shrinking--someone here said that they feel fatter since they are losing and I really get that--my underlying connective tissue has been so stretched out,, that as my body shrinks and my lean muscle mass starts showing, my fatty skin is hanging a bit--I am a serious exerciser, so I had hoped that would have some impact.  It really is a process rather than an event, isn't it=

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 07:44:40 AM »

someone here said that they feel fatter since they are losing and I really get that--my underlying connective tissue has been so stretched out,, that as my body shrinks and my lean muscle mass starts showing, my fatty skin is hanging a bit--I am a serious exerciser, so I had hoped that would have some impact.  It really is a process rather than an event, isn't it=

That was me. The closer I get to goal, the more alien the fat looks on my body. And it's all...soft. And...wobbly.

Ew! Gross! Getitoffame!
Running weight tally:

Marianna

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 10:34:09 AM »

thats exactly it--alien--before it was all me, and now these THINGS are hanging off me--jebus--

losing-it

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 01:24:28 PM »

Yah, me too. My left-over fat is really weird this time around as it comes off, but what is left is wobbly, gushy - the same as your experience. I hope that it means the fat is liquifying and will soon be a "thing of the passed" (down the chitter).

I had a real shocker the other night doing that "Hindu Pushup" that is one of the 5 Tibetans, and which Peter put on his thread with links to an animated version. As my butt was up in the air in that inverted triangle pose, and my was head down, eyes pointing at my thighs, I saw the worst sight of thigh flab, stretched skin and cellulite -- it doesn't look like that standing up -- it's more firm when standing, with only strands of cellulite floating across the thighs like globby clouds. But in that pose, the fat and loose skin get pulled by gravity and it was something I'd never seen before and don't want to look at again. I hope I can win the lottery and go to some spa for vein, skin and cellulite therapy at some point. And I hope the bingo wings disappear before I have to resort to that...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 02:28:53 PM by losing-it »

Marianna

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 01:49:17 PM »

Oh lord--do you know how many women tell me this story?  NEVER look at your thighs from the downward dog position--it is a horrorshow. 

Hope you are right about squishy fat liquifying--that is a good image to hold--

andrea84

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007, 02:10:21 PM »

one thing to consider, for tightening skin, is that Suddenly Slimmer thinggy.  I think I'm going to go get it done once I reach goal (because I'm sure I will need it)

-Re-Started Oct. 30, 2008
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18