Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
"Overly full" feeling

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: "Overly full" feeling  (Read 31184 times)

Widget

"Overly full" feeling
« on: May 06, 2006, 07:43:25 AM »

Hi all. This is day 2 for me. Nothing phenomenal so far -- except this, and I haven't seen it discussed much so far: I'm still reasonably hungry but when I do eat, a normal amount of food seems to make me feel overly full.

This morning I had a good-sized bowl of cereal (probably about 2 cups dry cereal, 1 cup skim milk) and a few minutes after finishing I felt almost bloated. It's been about an hour now and I still feel like I've eaten a huge meal.

Anyone else experiencing this? Interesting.

Oh and just curious: Anyone else noticed a run on ELOO in their grocery store? Kid you not, when I bought mine a good deal of it was already off the shelf. Not so with the other kinds of oils. Hmm.

Lyn

Re: "Overly full" feeling
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 08:17:49 AM »

Hi all. This is day 2 for me. Nothing phenomenal so far -- except this, and I haven't seen it discussed much so far: I'm still reasonably hungry but when I do eat, a normal amount of food seems to make me feel overly full.

This morning I had a good-sized bowl of cereal (probably about 2 cups dry cereal, 1 cup skim milk) and a few minutes after finishing I felt almost bloated. It's been about an hour now and I still feel like I've eaten a huge meal.

Yes, I noticed the same thing with my morning cereal. This is day 2 for me too. This morning I actually measured out a serving of raisin bran (vs. just dumping in the bowl). I could barely finish the serving and am still feeling uncomfortably full 1.5 hours later.

ltm

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 08:21:18 AM »

I feel overly full sometimes too, after eating not very much food. I think this might be because even with my reduced appetite and smaller portions I'm still eating bit more than my new "shangri-la self" needs -- out of habit. That is, it takes time to scale down to the much smaller portions than I'm used to eating. But from what I've read about habit forming/breaking, I expect to be eating even smaller amounts soon, and therefore losing that overly full feeling. This thing is working....

Allison717

• Here goes nuthin'...
    • Oh, for the love of God...
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 02:58:37 PM »

Hey, Widget -- it's day 2 for me, also.

I haven't had the overly-full feeling today, but boy did I last night!  My dinner was probably larger than it should be, but smaller than what would have normally led to just-kill-me-now feelings of fullness.

After doing mostly sugar yesterday, then trying oil today, I think oil will be my better option (this surprises me).  I'll look forward to seeing how you do!

Widget

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 06:43:47 AM »

well, i've definitely joined the "this is amazing" crowd.

yesterday i had a good-sized bowl of cereal in the morning and felt REALLY full. i took 2 tbs oil around mid-morning.

didn't feel like eating lunch.

took 2 tbs oil around 2 p.m.

went out to dinner last night (indian! yum!) and i'll be darned, i ate maybe half (more like a third) of what was on my plate and simply didn't feel like eating more.

i brought the rest home.

my husand was quite impressed! he's used to be scarfing down everything and practically licking the plate. and THEN asking for dessert.

so something is definitely going on. and it's not just the power of suggestion, i know that. this is a physiological feeling that my body just doesn't want more food.

it's all really intriguing. i think seth may be onto something. really!

TalkinBaseball

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 06:47:06 AM »

I experienced this too.  Probably ate a bit more than I should have yesterday and before I went to bed I felt as though I ate about twice as much as I did!  I fact I still feel full this morning, I won't be eating breakfast...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 06:49:40 AM by TalkinBaseball »

spiritu

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 10:00:26 AM »

Bought the book off of Amazon (hat tip: Instapundit), it came in two days ago.  I read it, decided to try it, used Canola oil yesterday (had some around the house).  Noticed a reduction in appetite but that's probably placebo right now.  I'll give it a week before I say whether or not it's working for me. 

Went to my local supermarket today, found that the 17oz size of Berio EVOO and ELOO were on sale, two for one (appx. $7.00 quart after the 2 for 1 - super cheap).  The ELOO was completely gone, the EVOO barely touched.  Luckily they had an unopened box of the ELOO in the back and got me a couple of bottles out of it.

Interesting.  I should've found a manager and asked them how the ELOO sales were going.

Today's Amazon.com sales rank is #59 in Books.

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
    • http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 10:59:47 AM »

Bought the book off of Amazon (hat tip: Instapundit), it came in two days ago.  I read it, decided to try it, used Canola oil yesterday (had some around the house).  Noticed a reduction in appetite but that's probably placebo right now.  I'll give it a week before I say whether or not it's working for me. 

Went to my local supermarket today, found that the 17oz size of Berio EVOO and ELOO were on sale, two for one (appx. $7.00 quart after the 2 for 1 - super cheap).  The ELOO was completely gone, the EVOO barely touched.  Luckily they had an unopened box of the ELOO in the back and got me a couple of bottles out of it.

Interesting.  I should've found a manager and asked them how the ELOO sales were going.

Today's Amazon.com sales rank is #59 in Books.

I'm going to ask at Costco.  They had both EVOO and ELOO when I was there last.

GilbertZ

• DiamondRing.com
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 11:57:07 PM »

Hi Widget  :mrgreen:

Darlene

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2006, 05:40:58 AM »

Yup, if I eat, even small amounts, I tend to feel this way.  I had a plate of chinese buffet last night, (normally would have had two) but that was too much.
  I think I am also still approaching meals in my old habitual way of taking a full plate, so I'm going to have to start with less food on my plate and see how that goes. 

The overly full feeling is not good (I feel anxious when I get this way because in the past I would have reflux after eating to that level of fullness).

This is certainly a revolutionary concept, and I'm going to have to make some adjustments to my habitual behavior.

Widget

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2006, 01:29:03 PM »

(Hi Gilbert!  :P )

After one week I'm still getting my "overly full" feeling on LOTS less food. Don't feel like snacking. My pants are getting looser. I'm trying to stay away from the scale for a few more days.

I'm glad the Forums are growing! This really is cool to be in on the ground floor of an eating technique that might just save the world, hurray!

GilbertZ

• DiamondRing.com
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2006, 03:14:38 PM »

Do you have a twin:

http://www.diamondtalk.com/forums/m-widget.html

or are you one and the same :)

Widget

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2006, 07:28:32 AM »

Hey Gilbert! Ha! Nope, that's not me. But that's a handsome dog!

Widget

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2006, 10:28:40 AM »

(oh and Gilbert BTW here's why my nickname is widget, it's in memory of my very sweet doggie who died last year:

http://www.sitapet.com/petofthemonth09-04.html

now back to regularly scheduled programming...)

Denise

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2006, 07:16:59 PM »

I didn't want to be insulting since my mother cooked on mother's day.  Poor honey.  But ouch.  It was a pretty small meal and I didn't finish my corn, barely had any salad, no starch, just some langostines, but I'm still regretting it.  My dad started today and it worked immediately for him too.  He was feeling the same after dinner.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18