Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Has anybody experienced this...?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anybody experienced this...?  (Read 3780 times)

tenista

Has anybody experienced this...?
« on: May 27, 2006, 12:51:15 PM »

One interesting phenomenon I noticed yesterday (and I don't think I was imagining it).  I went to a restaurant I go to frequently where they have bread they always bring (drat them) that they make themselves and is, perhaps because of it's very yeasty flavor--not really sure why--extremely addicting to me; once I start I can't stop eating it--it tends to make me even hungrier somehow.

Yesterday, I noticed distinctly at the first taste of this bread that the flavor was decidedly less intense.   I did, however, eat a small piece (and then another small piece as I usually do LOL) and then decided to ask them to take the bread away.   I was, I should say, quite hungry when I sat down because I had not eaten much for breakfast and had played tennis for an hour.  I also hadn't had any ELOO or sugar water since the night before.  I didn't take my ELOO until the afternoon iin fact.

But I'm wondering if anybody else has noticed that foods that previously have been highly flavorful just don't have the taste that you remember?    As if you're taste buds have blunted a little maybe...?

wildnight

• JC's Shangri-La Blog
Re: Has anybody experienced this...?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 06:59:04 AM »

I've noticed that my tastes have changed. For example, fresh veggies now taste better (I've been eating slice tomatoes, yum) than processed chips (doritos). Not sure why, used to be the other way around.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
J.C.
http://jcshangri-la.blogspot.com/

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 10:30:33 AM »

I'm absolutely craving cups of tea. The hardest part of this whole thing has been waiting an hour after the oil to make myself a cup of tea with milk.

I also seem to be preferring bland food.
Running weight tally:

Ronnie

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 12:23:57 PM »

Hi frenata,

I'm a tea drinker too, and every morning I seem to struggle with wanting my tea before my tasteless calories.  Especially on the mornings I wake up later than usual, and then my day definitely starts with my tea.  Then this morning, it finally occured to me that my yummy cup of tea is a bit of a ditto food.  I convinced myself that since each day the steeping time will differ slightly, as will the amount of milk, and i do also put sugar in, so that's slightly different each day, so it can never taste exactly the same.  Here's to denial.  It's got me thinking though.  I sort of don't want to know what Seth thinks about my morning tea!  But should you read this Seth, you can chime in...

SFC

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 04:23:58 PM »

When I first started on the SLD, I stopped drinking diet soda (100 - 130 oz/day) because I couldn't get enough of a flavor-free buffer to do the oil or sugar water -- but also couldn't live w/o the caffeine.  Switched to caffeine tablets (in 1/2 table increments, which was about caffeine as much as one of my very large  64 oz cup fulls of soda). Worked very well for me.  Would end up having about 300 mg of caffeine/day, which eventually got reduced to 200 mg.  Now that I've pretty much all the weight I initially wanted to, I've added a large diet soda back into my morning routine, but don't have any OO or SW for at least an hour afterward.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18