Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2883 times)

falconcy

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: July 16, 2006, 04:25:33 PM »

I feel so much better after screaming. Now I know this has been raised before, I even remember reading it, but like many people before me and many people after me, I made the same mistake.

I have been getting results, maybe not so dramatic, but getting them. Then tonight, during meditation, I got an urge to check something out. I know a tablespoon is 15ml, and I know a liter of rapeseed is 1000ml, and taking 4 tablespoons a day, I calculated that a bottle should last me 16 days with a little left over. I have been using oil easily for that amount of time, and there is still around half a bottle left.

Something was wrong, very wrong, yep, it was the famous desert spoon mistake. A proper desert spoon is only 10ml, so instead of 60ml a day, I was only getting around 40ml (depending on how accurate the spoon I used was). I had carried on using some sugar water, so perhaps that was having an effect too, but I'm pretty sure the extra 20ml or so would make quite a difference.

So there you have it, we all know this, but it is very easy to still make this mistake despite knowing it.

akhdar

Re: AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 06:23:29 PM »

Go, meditation!

Falconcy, you have both been getting results and realised your miscalculation.

I would say that this is more a cause for celebration than for dismay!

Best to you,

Akhdar.

falconcy

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 07:09:20 PM »

Thanks Akhdar, I did need to scream though, I could kick myself for doing that as it is pretty much a no brainer. Hopefully it'll now start kicking in a bit more than it has thus far. I suspect this is what was slowing things down.

Without a doubt, it is a positive thing to have happened, amazing what happens when you actually listen to yourself :D

WheatenDad

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 07:45:17 PM »

May I suggest that you pick up a graduated shot glass for measuring your oil. I bought mine at a housewares store, Bed Bath and Beyond, but they should be available at any cookware store. The shot glass is graduated in teaspoons, tablespoons, milliliters, etc. Cheap ... couple of bucks, and well worth it.

... WheatenDad

chrianna

• this is a test, this is only a test
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 08:06:50 PM »

another thing to use is the dose cup that comes with over the counter cold medicines.  we have a ton of these from our kids' cold meds and some nyquill bottles, etc.

zerimar

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 08:21:36 PM »

I like to measure more than one tbls at a time and I love my Oxo mini angled measuring cup.  Since you're a big cook you probably have enough gadgets.  But with this little plastic cup you can measure up to 4 tbls at a time.  I found one on line at BB&B, it's $4 which seems high to me.  They make a stainless steel one for $6.  I hope this discovery turns the tide for you.

Here's the link:  http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=13134030&RN=106

I started June 1, 2006

falconcy

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 02:47:40 AM »

Whatever you do, when you go to BB&B, don't buy a Remote Control ....if you've seen the new Adam Sandler, Click you'll know why :P

I dug out a Tupperware set of measuring spoons which seem a bit more accurate, but today I'm going to a decent housewares store in town, no BB&B here unfortunately :( But this one is pretty good so I know I'll find something. Gonna try and avoid glass though, won't last 5 mins in this house, someone will break it :(

falconcy

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 01:26:21 PM »

Ended up with a set of 6 x 60ml shot glasses, nothing else was small enough to do the job properly. There were also some 45ml shot glasses for when I go down to 3 tbsp :D

Today was my first real day on the proper amount of oil, it kicked in pretty well, I ate a whole scotch egg (hard boiled egg covered in sausage meat for the uninitiated) a square inch of chocolate, a couple of small chicken breasts stir fried in tandoori spice with a couple of dessert spoons of yogurt plus chopped onion and a wholewheat pitta bread. I'm still feeling full 2.5 hrs later  8)

Gonna take my night time shot of oil pretty soon with a sugar chaser. Looking good so far. Managed about an hour of walking on the beach as well today, plus the usual Monday trek around the local hypermarket.

falconcy

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 03:25:11 AM »

These are just regular glass shot glasses, the kind of thing you might use for ...glances around to check frenata is not listening and whispers "tequila slammers". There are many sizes, but these were specifically 60ml (4 tablespoons) and there are also some 45ml ones which can be used when I cut down a tablespoon.

falconcy

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2006, 07:54:50 AM »

Yeah, I saw where you picked up on that, I was more worried about the graduated cylinder type, which wouldn't last 5 mins around here. At least with the shot glasses, I got 6 of them, so even if one breaks, there are still 5 left ;-) Add to that the fact that these were cheap to buy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18