Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Rich's progress down 8 lb. in 131 days (18+ weeks)

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rich's progress down 8 lb. in 131 days (18+ weeks)  (Read 40211 times)

Rich

Re: Rich's progress down 12 lb. in 105 days (15 weeks)
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2006, 08:34:46 AM »

Aug 13: 229 lb. +0 lb. from 5 days ago. -12 lb. from April 30 (105 days ago)

It's pretty clear to me that I've plateaued with my daily dose of 2.5 Tbsp of canola oil. I don't want to take more oil because I'm concerned about the lack of nutrition.

I am working on making some Beneke method mush, but the health food store was closed Sunday. I'm trying again today.

Rich

Re: Rich's progress down 12 lb. in 107 days (15+ weeks)
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2006, 09:05:16 AM »

Aug 15: 229 lb. +0 lb. from 2 days ago. -12 lb. from April 30 (107 days ago)

I made the Beneke mush Monday night. I used broccoli and a plum as my vegetable and fruit. I ended up with about 600g of brown mush. It is a bit thicker than peanut butter, but not as sticky.

Wednesday morning was the first time I tried to use it as a real source of flavorless calories, in addition to my usual 2.5 Tbsp of canola oil.

I portioned out 150g of mush, thinking that might be about 400 calories or so. I could only eat about 50g in ten minutes. That amounted to about 9 or 10 little balls of mush.

I don't know if this is something you get good at with practice, but trying to eat it without flavor was quite difficult. Sometimes my little ball would go down smoothly and I would taste nothing. Other times I would taste the flavor a bit. I would try to rinse it out, but I found that difficult to do effectively.

If anyone has pointers on other people (besides Tim Beneke) doing this successfully, please let me know.

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2006, 10:05:00 AM »

have you tried nose-clipping?

dgrillot2000

« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2006, 12:58:30 PM »

I made the Beneke mush Monday night. I used broccoli and a plum as my vegetable and fruit. I ended up with about 600g of brown mush. It is a bit thicker than peanut butter, but not as sticky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My wife and I made a batch of the stuff for the first time a couple of weeks ago.  It really is a gooy brown mess which looks like........well I leave that to your imagination.  Stirring it was the hardest part.   We had to add lots of water in order to mix it up.  We rolled it out and put some in the freezer and baked some.  After baking we broke it into little squares.  It is easy to carry in a little baggy and I use it to quell any hunger pangs during the day.  I can't throw it down my throat the way some people indicate, but I chew it like a piece of crumbly granola bar.  Not exactly the most tasty food but I guess that is the idea.

I THINK I CAN. I THINK I MIGHT. I THOUGHT I COULD!  I THINK I WILL!

Rich

« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2006, 11:48:48 AM »

I had better luck this morning with the Beneke mush. I managed to eat 85g and I think I'm getting a better feel for the consistency needed. I had some that was a bit too thin, so I microwaved it and made it thicker.

I did not add any water while making the mush.

As dgrillot says, I guess you could chew the mush, but I think that might be defeating its purpose. Even if the flavor wouldn't be considered tasty, I still think it would raise my set point. I am taking the mush by taking a drink of water, tilting my head way back, and tossing in the small ball as though it were a pill.

Seth: I will look for my nose clips. This morning I tried to pinch my nose if I sensed that I might be exposed to flavor.

Rich

Re: Rich's progress down 13 lb. in 118 days (16+ weeks)
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2006, 03:08:28 PM »

Aug 26: 228 lb. -1 lb. from 11 days ago. -13 lb. from April 30 (118 days ago)

Today's weight is my lowest measurement in the last 10 days or so. I think I've plateaued. I've tried the mush, but it's a bit hard to do, so I haven't been as diligent as I should be. But I think I'll keep trying it. I had a bit yesterday, maybe 50 g or so, but nothing today. Next time I think I'll cook it down a bit more so it's not quite so sticky.

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
    • http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
Re: Rich's progress down 13 lb. in 118 days (16+ weeks)
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2006, 04:18:29 PM »

Aug 26: 228 lb. -1 lb. from 11 days ago. -13 lb. from April 30 (118 days ago)

Today's weight is my lowest measurement in the last 10 days or so. I think I've plateaued. I've tried the mush, but it's a bit hard to do, so I haven't been as diligent as I should be. But I think I'll keep trying it. I had a bit yesterday, maybe 50 g or so, but nothing today. Next time I think I'll cook it down a bit more so it's not quite so sticky.

I spend about half of my time on plateaus.  At first they worried me, now I just accept them as normal.

Rich

Re: Rich's progress down 8 lb. in 131 days (18+ weeks)
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2006, 11:00:26 AM »

Sept 8: 233 lb. +5 lb. from 13 days ago, -8 lb. from April 30 (131 days ago)

For the past two weeks or so I've increased my oil to 3.5 Tbsp from the previous 2.5 Tbsp. I take my flavorless calories every day and I don't take any other flavors within one hour. Last weekend I weighed 229 at one point, so today's measurement is a bit on the high side for me.

I am on a plateau that has lasted since June. I tried Beneke mush, but I found that hard to take reliably.

I have yet to try nose clips but maybe I'll do that if I can find the darn things. I hate buying stuff I know I have "somewhere"

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2006, 11:28:35 AM »

an alternative to nose-clipping is to add random spices to a smoothie -- the smoothie can be made of anything you want, the more nutritious and the more calories the better, the spices keep it from tasting familiar.

Rich

« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2007, 12:09:09 PM »

Aug 2, 2007: 223 lb. -10 from Jul 9, 2007, 24 days ago
Jul 9, 2007: 233lb. +0 lb. from Sept 8, 2006

I started dieting again Monday July 9. I was using nose clips for the first 10 days or so, but since then I've been using willpower and not really doing the SLD. Until today I hadn't realized that I've stayed more or less the same weight for 10 months despite not dieting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18