Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Back again, after a while off.

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Back again, after a while off.  (Read 26106 times)

frenata

• mustela frenata
Re: 178 to 158, sort of
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 04:25:57 AM »

If you only count your lowest weight, then I've lost 20 lbs.  But really I am hovering around 159,  after a bit of hovering at 160.  I could stop weighing myself daily, but then I'd miss the new lowest weight which I tend to savor.

Me, too. Usually, it's weeks before I see that low weight again and it sticks, but stubbornly cling to the idea that's what I weigh.

I notice an occasional bout of thoughtless eating, which I never had in the first two months of SLD.  Even those "binges" are relatively minor incidents, foodwise. Like a snack size fast food meal, no drink, (when my teenagers need a triple cheeseburger and milkshake.)   Or a few spoonfuls of icecream, or cookie dough, or cheesecake.    That is sort of my old way of grazing on everything in my vicinity.  So I do it ocasionally now, but I also feel very full afterward, on a relatively small amount of junk food.  In the past, I think I did not get full and just grazed on whatever turned up. 

Me, too on this, too. At first, there was a novelty to not eating much at all. Now I think I get bored with not eating. My idea of a binge these days is two servings of cottage cheese with pineapple, or a piece of cheddar on toast, so I don't beat myself up over it. I do find, though, if I have something carby and ditto-y -- pasta or pizza or something like that -- my appetite increases for a few days (but not something ditto-y and low carb, like a steak).
Running weight tally:

zerimar

Re: Three months, 20 lbs.
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2006, 01:36:55 PM »

Well, I have been up and down, hovering around 159 for a while.  Now I'm hovering at 158.  Small changes, but I still enjoy them.  Today I was 157.5. which I'm now claiming as my new low weight. 

Some people miss parts of their relationship with food, but I don't.  For now I'm happy to nose clip smoothies, getting good amounts of  protein, fruits, vegies, etc.  I think my nutrition is pretty good--haven't had white bread or the like for ages.  At the same time I enjoy a nice dinner out when I can, and I don't fill up on the bread they give you to start.  Meals are less frantic, more relaxed. But I can easily go a day or two eating an apple and smoothies, along with my oil.  I'm not hungry, probably because I'm noseclipping my smoothies along with the oil, and my morning coffee too.  Sometimes not eating regular food reminds me of Soylent Green--didn't all those folks subsist off creepy green stuff that turned out to be, you know, their late neighbors?

My SO thinks I'm nutty with my NC smoothies, but is getting tempted to try to figure out exactly how I lost 20 lbs, so he can lose 10. People are beginning to notice the weight loss at work.  I'm sure I  weighed closer to 150,  9 years ago when I started my job.  But I have steadily gained and never gotten back down.  When I try on clothes, I'm amazed at what a difference 20 lbs makes.  I'm still hovering at the low end of "overweight" on the BMI scale, and I haven't weighed less than 150 as an adult.  So, the possibility of going below that is a little weird to me, though 145 is not considered skinny at 5'6".   So, I'm going to get a ticker and make a commitment to a goal. And I'll feel free to modify it along the way. 

Sin mas,   Z.

I started June 1, 2006

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
Re: Since 6-1-06: 178 to 157.5 on 10-06-06
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2006, 10:14:34 PM »

Eeeeeew!  I remember Soylent Green!  I hope we never get to that point!  So I have a stupid question.  If you're noseclipping your morning coffee, why are you drinking it at all?  I'm not a coffee drinker, so I've never understood the stuff, but I would think tasting it would be kind of important.   :?

Looks like you're making awesome progress.  Your ticker looks much like mine would have about ten years ago.  Now it's shifted up another ten pounds.   :(  Oh well.  It'll just take time now that the tool is available.

Best,

T-Vix

zerimar

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2006, 10:24:18 AM »

Eeeeeew!  I remember Soylent Green!  I hope we never get to that point!  So I have a stupid question.  If you're noseclipping your morning coffee, why are you drinking it at all?  I'm not a coffee drinker, so I've never understood the stuff, but I would think tasting it would be kind of important.   :? 

Hi Tek, good question.  Even nose clipped I get an awful lot of coffee "flavor"--as I said, it's strong.  I think I may even like coffee better, nose clipped.  Weird, huh?  But even with nose clips it's that sweet, bitter, warm drink, with a good mouthfeel from the half and half.  AND, I'm addicted to morning caffeine.  It's supposed to have great phytochemicals and antioxidents, so I haven't wanted to quit.  I have been mixing decaf with caffeinated, and slowly reducing my caffeine thing.  SInce it gets me through the morning, and it's my habit, I just keep it up.

Stick with SLD and you'll do fine.  I like your ticker hearts.   :)

« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 04:52:28 PM by zerimar »

I started June 1, 2006

chrianna

• this is a test, this is only a test
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2006, 11:53:52 AM »

zerimar, congrats on the steady loss!

i can't help but think i'd be down under 160 if my SLD path didn't diverge ocassionally for the "bigger, better deal" as i'm sometimes prone to pursue.  you're a great example here!

zerimar

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2006, 04:53:47 PM »

Thanks Chrianna,  Life is like that, you're doing great.  I'm cheering for you.  Zerimar

I started June 1, 2006

Rabin the Cat

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2006, 05:55:42 PM »

I'm amazed at what a difference 20 lbs makes.

I konw. I used to sneer (internally only!) at people who said they'd like to lose 20 pounds. I had so much to lose, I thought 20 pounds was nothing and they should shut up and be grateful they weren't 40 pounds overweight. But I understand far better now.

Congratulations on your excellent progress.

tek_vixen

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2006, 08:08:16 AM »

zerimar, I get the coffee thing now.  I'm kind of at odds in the morning now.  My traditional Diet Coke tastes horrible.  I want something with flavor, and I'm not much of a coffee or tea drinker.  If anybody has any brilliant suggestions .....

zerimar

Re: Since 6-1-06: 178 to 157.5 on 10-24-06
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2006, 12:31:44 PM »

Okay, not much change, down to 157, up to 158.5, and today STILL at 157.5. That's a report from the last 3 weeks.  I'm leaving my ticker in place.  I spent last week on business travel.  There was much food eaten at restaurants, with wine and dessert too. I kept up my usual oil routine, about 3 tbls.   So, I guess the travel eating accounts for the uptic and lack of further loss.  I'm pushing SLD calories this week, noseclipped 1% milk with protein powder.  I want to get the SLD train rolling again.   I'm enjoying all the new traffic on the forum. 

Hey Tek Vixen, a belated suggestion, how about diluted Apple Cider Vinegar in the morning?  Some folks swear by it.  I've had it a few times and it's tolerable, but I haven't had any  inspirational results yet.  Maybe you need to take it more  consistently than I do.  It's not yet a habit for me, but I DO still get thirsty. 

Later,  zerimar 

« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 07:45:00 PM by zerimar »

I started June 1, 2006

tek_vixen

Re: Since 6-1-06: 178 to 157.5 on 10-25-06
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2006, 02:35:11 PM »

Good thought, zerimar!  I've been downing 2 tsp ACV in club soda with a splash of lemon juice in the evening, especially if I'm downing anything carby.  It wouldn't be a bad thing for morning, either.

T-Vix

go2grl

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2006, 10:36:50 PM »

T-Vix this will sound very um, nothingish, but what about hot water?  I've been drinking it for about a year now (I also do tea) and it's really grown on me. Gives that hot drink comfort feeling. Much more satisfying than cold water. You could add fruit slices (orange, lemon) to it.

The other hot drink I keep meaning to make is "russian tea" a misnomer for sure. I think it was made with Tang (remember this?), instant iced tea and maybe some sugar. Soo good hot - but I've no idea if this is loaded with calories or if you had to have had it as a kid to like it! Maybe this makes the hot water sound more appealing??  :lol:

Living La Vida SLD!

tek_vixen

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2006, 07:57:17 AM »

It's funny, go2grl, but I used to giggle at my MIL for drinking hot plain water.  Now I understand the thought a bit better.  But I'm weird.  I don't crave hot things in the morning.  I used to like an ice cold Diet Coke in the morning.  I like the cold, and have switched to ice water, but I'm looking for something with flavor that's non-caloric (or really low calorie).  The artificial sweetners now taste really yucky.  So I'm struggling a bit.

T-Vix

go2grl

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2006, 03:32:12 PM »

T-Vix - sorry should have clued into that cold drink thing.  :)   Ever tried Emergen-C?  Could just be a US thing, not sure. 

It's a powder you add to water - makes a flavored drink with loads of vitamin c and other good stuff.  Comes in various flavors.  It's not very sweet and since it's all about being natural I think it uses a touch of fructose as a sweetener. I find it's better if you double up the dose in the recommended amount of water.

Living La Vida SLD!

tek_vixen

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2006, 09:22:38 PM »

Ahm go2grl, you may just be brilliant!  I'll have to pick up some Emergen-C and try it.  It certainly wouldn't hurt me to boost my defenses with extra C.  Thanks for the idea!

T-Vix

go2grl

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2006, 09:36:05 PM »

aw shucks T-Vix, You're SO welcome!   :D
Living La Vida SLD!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18