sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Almost immediately, my appetite was roughly halved. I became stunningly detached from eating -- I still feel real hunger, but the compulsions lurking behind it -- that little voice that says, "seriously, McDonalds, NOW" -- are gone. No more guilty batches of cookies or brownies before bed. I mean, I still like cookies and brownies, but there's just no drive to seek them out. I don't really care about them. -- Daffodil-11

Poll

if you have tried coconut oil, were there any unpleasant side effects?

yes, there were major unpleasant side effects that did not go away
yes, there were major unpleasant side effects that went away
yes, there were minor unpleasant side effects that did not go away
yes, there were minor unpleasant side effects that went away
no, there were no unpleasant side effects
don't know: I haven't tried coconut oil
prefer not to answer

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poll: Side effects of coconut oil?  (Read 26459 times)

Marianna

Re: Poll: Side effects of coconut oil?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006, 07:36:51 am »

so I am experiencing a new side effect the last three days with coconut oil--but not with the walnut oil I take in the mornings--Coconut oil seems to hurt my throat--it feels raw and scratchy after taking the oil--what could this be?  I have seen a few other posts where people have talked about an effect of the oil on their throats--

Any thoughts?

chrianna

• this is a test, this is only a test
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2006, 11:13:16 am »

i don't know if this is the place to put this or if this is a side effect but i've had "black out" sleep for about a week now that seems to correlate with taking 1 T of CO in the morning and the evening.  black out sleep is good but also a bit alarming.  since my oldest child was born, i've been a light sleeper--nearly 10 yrs.   i wake up when i hear noise or if my children need me.  i can usually go back to sleep easily.  i also get up to use the bathroom usually once, sometimes more. 

now--i go to sleep and hear NOTHING until i wake up, usually after 6am.  i also don't have to use the bathroom until then as well.  my dreams have become more frequent and coherent.  my 4 yr old comes to my side of the bed expecting me to pick her up and tuck her in between us like i used to and now she has to climb onto the bed herself and wedge into the middle.  i just wake up and she's there.

so my sleep is better but now i'm afraid that i can sleep through a house fire . . .

bink

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2006, 05:57:10 pm »

Marianna--I had that sore throat thing for a couple of days when I started taking coconut oil. Like yours, it came on a few days after I started with the CO. It went away a couple days later and hasn't returned. My theory at the time was it was some kind of "die-off" symptom as the coconut oil vanquished some evil buggie that had been lurking in my system. Maybe you'll have the same experience?

Marianna

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2006, 06:05:44 pm »

Bink--thanks for the info!  I switched to a more refined version (Spectrum) and the symptom improved --interesting idea about the die off!! I am bouncing around my oils a little too much lately--have to settle into one for awhile--

Rabin the Cat

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2006, 05:42:47 pm »

After two full jars of coconut oil with good appetite suppression, I sadly am putting the next jar aside. In the evening, after my second dose (2TBS), I get painful cramps and diarrhea about 4 evenings out of 7. I looked back through my food logs and the only common food those nights is the coconut oil. I read that this is a common side effect and I should decrease my dose. Well, I still need 2 TBS most of the time (twice daily) for good suppression, so I'm changing back to ELOO. I may try coconut oil again when my doses are smaller, as I liked the energy level I had. I was using Spectrum expeller pressed coconut oil.

paulkimelman

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2006, 05:45:59 pm »

Note you can use both. Maybe ELOO in the AM and Coconut in the PM. Or, just mix them in one dose.

IndianGirl

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2008, 09:58:09 pm »

taking coconut oil has given me a flatter stomach (right from the next day of having the oil), as well as closed open pores on my cheeks. great!

strongjen

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2008, 01:18:00 am »

I was just in the process of switching from Becel oil mix to walnut oil.  Now I'm wondering if I should switch to co instead.  Since my two children, my pear shape has become more potato-like.

1/7:148 lbs
exercise
2/6:144 lbs
exercise plus sld
4/4:133 lbs

bloo

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2008, 03:18:35 am »

I switched to walnut oil and stopped the becel flax seed oil mix, because it gave me irregular TOM.
Finding co in Europe isnīt easy, you might want to check out Ebay. I donīt think I have seen it in any health food stores, but maybe Asian food shops have it.
5 ft. 5, 139 lbs. Goal weight: 136 lbs.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18