Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
It can take as long as four to six weeks to start working.

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: It can take as long as four to six weeks to start working.  (Read 58229 times)

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
    • http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
Re: It can take as long as four to six weeks to start working.
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2009, 05:44:59 AM »

You should not be tasting the oil.
At all.
Maybe you should noseclip your dose.

Good point.

If you like the taste of anything you are using for AS (appetite suppression), then whatever it is has too much taste for you and you need to noseclip it while taking it. E.g. organic sugars some people use instead of sugar, etc.

WRG

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2011, 05:55:03 PM »

I tried SLD for about two weeks. I took the ELOO religiously, twice a day, respecting the one-hour window on either side. The first day the AS was phenomenal--a perfect example of the placebo effect. After the first day, I felt almost no AS ever.

I am very short (4'8") and the day I started the ELOO I weighed 135 lbs. Ideally, I would like to weigh 110, though I'd be happy at 115. During the two weeks I tried the system, I yo-yo'ed up and down 135-136. I already eat a well-balanced diet but due to arthritis my only calorie-burning exercise is walking (even swimming is hard on my back, my hip and my knee). I do yoga at least three times a week (sometimes more) but it's to keep my body from seizing up entirely. It doesn't burn many calories.

During my ELOO weeks, I noticed that my blood pressure was lower (always a good thing), but I also felt extremely constipated. This doesn't seem normal. Oil should "oil" the pipes, so to speak. But the biggest disappointment was the lack of appetite suppression. I usually have breakfast around 7:30 a.m. (high protein cereal, half a banana, skim milk) and by 10 a.m. I am absolutely ravenous. I would take the ELOO at that point and then wait until at least 11:30 to have lunch. By that time, my stomach was screaming for food. Same reaction in the afternoon. Absolutely starving by 3 p.m. Take the ELOO, not eat for at least an hour but I continued to be so hungry I could have eaten one of my children. Impossible not to eat something by the time 4:30 rolled around. Supper at 6:30 and had difficulty not eating something before bed.

I kept a journal of everything I ate for about a week. No binging, no overeating, no AS, no weight loss--just a slight gain.

I know when my stomach is screaming for food. I know when I'm not really hungry but eat nevertheless. And let me tell you, I was ravenous. Really, really hungry, stomach absolutely empty.

Maybe I'm stupid and I'm definitely looking for a miracle, but I have started SLD again as of today. I don't feel very hopeful, but we'll see...

One more thing, I'm absolutely appalled by the number of people on this site who don't need to lose any weight but still feel like they should be on a diet. We live in a sick world.

umm

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2011, 11:44:57 AM »

Maybe sugar water would work for you? I did not notice any AS with ELOO or sunfloweroil. Tried butter, nothing. The only thing that seems to give AS is the SW for me. I have not lost a lot, maybe 8 pounds in 2 months, but then, I don't drink it everyday. I have an obsession with bread and peanut butter, but I somehow forget to eat it any day I drink my SW.

WRG

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2011, 12:39:37 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion, umm. How much sugar in how much water?

umm

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2011, 01:00:26 PM »

I weigh 180pounds, 5ft 5in. It was suggested by someone here that I would need 6 TBS of sugar. I place 2
TBS in an 8oz glass. Some days I take just 3 TBS not being certain about the safety of that much sugar. But there is one user here who mentioned that she lost about 80 pounds with SW alone in like a year and she did not develop any blood glucose problem.

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2011, 03:00:43 PM »

I drank sugar water for a while in the past and lost a bit.  ;)

sugar has 45 calories a TBS so if you weigh 135lbs you should try starting with about 170 calories of sugar which is 3.777 TBS of sugar a day.
You can put that in as much water as you like, just make sure not to chug it, just sip it over about a 1/2 hour, to avoid an insulin spike.
I have premade mine in a water bottle, and mostly froze it, so it was like a slurpee, which is good in the summer, and in the winter, I have used hot water, and drank it like a hot tea.  drink it however you like.
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

WRG

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2011, 08:01:17 PM »

Thanks to all!

WRG

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2011, 02:22:35 PM »

I tried the sugar water only once. It just strikes me as a huge amount of sugar. Have gone back to the ELOO, upping it to about 1.5 tbsp. twice daily. I take it in the mid-morning and mid-afternoon, but I'm starting to wonder whether these times of day are right for me as I have absolutely NO AS whatsoever. I am absolutely ravenous--this is not an urge to binge or overeat. I'm starving. And no, my weight is not budging.

I'm considering switching my afternoon ELOO to just before bed and just having a healthy snack in the afternoon because I just can't take feeling so hungry.

:'( ...nor do I like feeling so horribly disappointed.

Josie P. (San Antonio)

• starter
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2012, 06:13:34 AM »

I just started this diet on Saturday. I have tried so many diets it's not funny. I am 5'4" tall, weigh 194 on Saturday,61 years old (62 in July).  I started with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, but then read all the comments and changed to ELOO, much better. It doesn't smell as strong and I'm able to take it a lot better. My goal is to lose 25-35 pounds by September so I really hope it will work for me. My question is, what if you miss a dose in the evening, should you take it before you go to sleep? I will wait till next Monday to weigh myself. I've notice that I do not want food as much, I made my grandson banana pudding with vanilla cookies (which I love) and noticed I only ate three spoons full, before I could eat a whole bowl. So I really hope it is working for me. Wish me luck !!!!!
Josie P.(San Antonio)

kaile

« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2012, 03:24:07 AM »

Theophilos war vielfältig gebildet und verfügte über gute Kenntnisse der griechischen Literatur. Er war anscheinend auch mit einigen persischen und vielleicht auch indischen astrologischen Schriften vertraut. Theophilos schrieb zahlreiche Werke, unter anderem Übersetzungen griechischer Schriften ins Syrische, astrologische Abhandlungen und eine Chronik, die bis zur Mitte des 8. Jahrhunderts reichte. Seine Tätigkeit deutet auf das lebendige intellektuelle Milieu syrischer Christen auch unter der neuen islamischen Herrschaft hin. Seine Werke wurden von mehreren späteren Autoren herangezogen, doch sind sie nicht vollständig erhalten. Es ist gesichert, dass seine heute verlorene Chronik von dem syrischen Bischof Dionysius von Tell Mahre und anderen Geschichtsschreibern benutzt wurde.

majorsager

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2012, 06:59:53 PM »

I have now been taking about 2 tbsp (1 in the morning and one before bed) for over a month, and today is the first day that I've really felt the full effect of the AS. After waking up late and having my first meal at noon, I have felt stuffed all afternoon. It's crazy that it's come on all of a sudden. I am at the high end of the normal BMI range, so it doesn't really surprise me that it took so long. Keep with it!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18