Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Have you changed your eating habits?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Have you changed your eating habits?  (Read 67389 times)

Denise

Re: Have you changed your eating habits?
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2006, 10:58:33 AM »

Yeah, expensive given that ALDI sells canola oil for pennies and ounce.

If it works for you, I promise you'll make it up in savings from grocery shopping.  Seriously.   :D

renee

« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2006, 05:34:58 AM »

Thank You Patsi.............I also need to know if I wait one hour prior & one hour after I take the oil to eat or drink anything?

Victoria

« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2006, 05:51:39 AM »

I also need to know if I wait one hour prior & one hour after I take the oil to eat or drink anything?

Yes, that's very important, and you have it exactly right - one hour before and one hour after with no taste at all.  That means no sugarless gum, no diet soda, not even brushing your teeth. 

Good luck!

renee

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2006, 05:59:52 AM »

Thank you Victoria..............you guys have been really helpful! :D

Victoria

« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2006, 06:24:02 AM »

You're welcome.  I also wanted to add that it's at least one hour.  Don't think you must eat exactly an hour after taking the oil, lol.  In the afternoon, for example, I take the oil between 2 and 3, but don't eat dinner until 6.  It's not an effort to wait, either, because you really won't be hungry anyway.

Lumberjack

« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2006, 11:31:23 AM »

Mine have changed, but in a manner different than what I thought would happen.
I still get hungry at different intervals and have b'fast, lunch and dinner at more or less constant intervals.  Much in the same manner as before SLD.  Since starting SLD,  I have noticed 2 significant changes.

1) What I find has disappeared is the feeling of "insatiability" that wouldn't go away until my stomach was stretched.  I'd almost describe it as a need to hoard or have "more" just because it was there.
For example, during lunch, someone brought in a treat to share.  I took a portion and ate it.  Normally, I'd find an excuse to treat myself to as many portions as possible. Today, even though the treat sits out and I've passed it multiple times since lunch, I have no desire to take more.  Not even to quickly swipe a bite.

2)I have found my choices drifting to healthier options.  Desiring a turkey sandwich instead of a richer (fattier) treat.  Snacking on carrots.

More imprtantly, I've found the set point is dropping fast.  I've always eaten in a healthy fashion (outside of the above mentioned binge eating) but it's as though my body now has permission to shed the pounds that healthy eating should have encouraged.  After a week, I'm down about 8 lbs.

GilbertZ

• DiamondRing.com
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2006, 09:18:22 AM »

CVGirl, Bonnie and Petra,

Looking at your email addresses next to your posts I just noticed a lovely coincidence.

Bonnie's name is Bonnie Gibson and CVGirl's email address is bgibson@cars.com. And Bonnie and CVGirl have other email addresses that use sitespindle.com. Gosh if I was cynical I'd think that not only do you share the same email domains, have similar names and opinions, but perhaps are the same person trying to bolster your arguments since they don't stand so well on their own. Well, if that were the case I'd even dare to ask you who is the one selling snake oil?

But since it's probably just a huge coincidence, I suppose we should all give Bonnie a big break.

American-Woman

Bonnie, are you still out there?
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2006, 08:04:21 PM »

Bonnie, I haven't seen a post from you in a while and wonder are you still out there just quietly reading the posts or have you gone away for good?

I agree w/ you that different people react differently to medicines, e.g., BP meds.  My brother-in-law was like you, slender, yet unable to keep his BP down w/out the proper meds.  He finally got the correct dosage to work for him.

As for not being able to swallow the oil, (no lecture here so please read on), at one time in my life I thought I couldn't swallow Alka Seltzer or Pepto Bismol.  I gagged.  However, when I got sick enough, I discovered I could chug them down w/ no gag reflex.  Not so w/ cottage cheese.  Unless it's mixed w/ something else (maybe some pasta and tomato sauce!!!) I'm going to gag.  My point is that the mind is not always able to conquer that gag reflex.

Now, as for the oil pills, you might try those.  Jorge Cruise wrote about flax pills in '8 minutes in the morning'.  This is just another form of oil, so you might try those or maybe fish oil pills, or some other form of oil pills.  In other words, don't give up yet.

You say you've been doing SLD for 2 weeks w/ no success.  Some people on this site have been trying it for several weeks longer than that.  Maybe you need to hang in there a little longer or perhaps change what you're doing, e.g., the time you're drinking the SW or the amount.  The people here are terribly supportive and want to help each other, so I'm sure you'll be given new ideas and suggestions.

Lastly, there's probably no such thing as a quick fix.  Not all of us are like RickM (sadly!!!) and can lose 18 pounds over 5 weeks (or there abouts).  As Oprah Winfrey said (and I'm paraphrasing here) ''if there was a quick fix, I'd have found it or bought it!"

Hang tough w/ the rest of us.  Keep trying.

bigbaddar

« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2006, 04:58:51 AM »

My biggest change????  Not drinking Pepsi.....I'm addicted to the stuff...or is that "was" addicted to the stuff.  I find I can't take more than a SIP or two. If tastes thick and yucky. I'm reaching for ice water, limeade, juices.  OH-H-H.. my coffee intake has changed.  The flavor is more intense.  I'm drinking it black with one sugar now....AND....I'm only having 1 cup in the morning.....

Reached my original goal of 200 lbs from 235....Onto a 2nd goal of 185!

buffy

« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2007, 03:39:09 PM »

I have been taking the ELOO 3 times a day for a couple days now, and I sure can tell a difference already~! I can go for hours with not wanting to eat~! I look through the cupboards, and think... hmmmmm now what do I feel like nibbling on.... and then I realize that I am not hungry~! It does take a bit of planning and figuring it out... when to take the oil, when to eat, if you feel like eating at that time... now I find that I am eating not becuase I am hungry - but because I need energy for my workouts~! Woohoo~!!!  :P

Judy94121

« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2007, 05:23:14 PM »

I would also not be a phenomenally great survivor contestant. The gross food challenge would knock me out on day one. And I don't drink oil, I am springing for the capsules, a mixture of flax, borage, and fish oil which is very food for you. Mixed with sugar (not at the same time) Yeah, expensive given that ALDI sells canola oil for pennies and ounce. But doesn't gross me out.

I'm with CVgirl on this one and I have not even tried to chug the oil.  I would never make it for even five minutes on something like Survivor - I can't even watch shows like that because the food challenges make me physically ill just to think about, much less sit there and watch in detail.

When I read the book I immediately thought about flax oil caps and then came in here to find out more info on how many to take, etc.

So the way I am going to try this is to do the capsules at night and fructose water in the morning, which is what I did today.  Heating the water like tea made it easy to sip for half an hour and the fructose dissolved completely and the more I sipped the less it even tasted sweet to me, so I think that was a good sign.

Anyway, I don't see why anyone would go on the attack at someone just because they can't stand to drink oil, even mixed with water or whatever.  Better to suggest the capsules.  No need to judge people as "not really wanting to lose weight" and so on.

I figure most people here have tried all kinds of things, some of us for many many years, and we are here because we DO want to lose weight and we need all the help we can get to find a healthy way to do it that doesn't just make us obsess about food 24/7 and be hungry all the time.

Just my nickel of course and I am new at this experiment, so only time will tell.
- Judy
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18