Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Tali's Travels (6/18 start date)

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Tali's Travels (6/18 start date)  (Read 23753 times)

taligator

Re: Tali's Travels (6/18 start date)
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2006, 09:51:50 PM »

I think for me it's fear. I've never been thin as an adult so I have no idea how to be a healthy sized adult, it just boggles the mind. I also think part of my fear is from something a friend said, who swears to this day he didn't mean it THAT way .. but what he said was that if I lost the weight I wanted I wouldn't be the same person. I have a lot of male friends, almost exclusively, and they don't see me as a female, I'm just Tracey .. and if I were to lose weight I'd look like other females and then I'd be different in their eyes and they wouldn't know how to treat me.

That really hurt when he said that because I thought they liked me for me, not my looks or lack of looks. I thought they were real friends and his comments made me doubt that they were - I even doubted his own friendship at that point.

Now this was only a few years ago and I've been sabotaging myself for awhile so I don't think that is the reason but that these things do pile up. It's not just one thing that does it, there is no one defining moment for me.

I do think though my biggest fear is myself.

girljedi

• "Do or do not; there is no try...."
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2006, 10:06:48 AM »

Tali,

Since you and I started SLD around the same time and have had similar results, I think its important not to get discouraged.  Also, resist the temptation to keep constantly tweaking SLD.  I'm having to remind myself that when I make a change, stick with the change for two weeks before deciding its not working.  It takes our bodies time to react to things.

Above all, please hang in there.   Sometimes other people are threatened by OUR change and may say things that are painful.  I've had that happen in the past and I can see how much your friend's comments hurt you in your post.  Don't be afraid to change because you might lose your friends!  If they are really your friends, they will remain so even after you lose some weight.

Hang in there!!!  You are not alone!

taligator

« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2006, 10:43:11 AM »

girljedi - thanks. I agree with you about tweaking all the time. I've been doing the same mix of coconut oil and flax capsules for about 3 weeks now and feel pretty comfortable with it.

Though I did realize last night that I'd been taking only 3Tbs combined oil a day instead of the 4Tbs that I thought I'd been taking. Oops. Today I decided to up the dosage by a tablespoon and a half (the half being 5 flax capsules I'll take an hour or so after lunch to stave off the mid-aft munchies) and see how that goes.

I find that tweaks and changes are a domino effect ... you think of one thing and then it seems like you end up changing a lot at once unintentionally.

girljedi

• "Do or do not; there is no try...."
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2006, 09:20:53 AM »

Congrats on being a "full member!"  (Figuratively, not literally!  :D)

taligator

« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2006, 02:40:14 PM »

bwhahaha .. I am a full member though ;)

The next part is probably a little TMI for most people but I think it's relevent ..

Seriously though, today I had a wonderful realization. I'm having the best and most normal period I've had in over a year!

Last April I went on an extremely low fat and low calorie diet, I shed 30 pounds and then noticed that I was having a lot of menstrual problems. I had severe cramps (very abnormal) and very heavy flow. It was very concerning because I usually had light flow and little to no cramping at all and I'm regular as clockwork and have been since day one. When I started having the heavy flow with cramping I got really concerned, it's actually why I stopped doing the diet. I'd been on a plateau with it for a couple weeks by then and this change in cycle was enough to scare me off it completely. I gained all my weight back and yet my periods didn't normalize. I continued to have intense pain during my periods and very long and heavy flow. I just didn't worry about it, hoping my body would get back to normal sometime. I went on Jenny Craig in Feb. of this year, another low fat/low cal diet and lost 25 pounds over 8 weeks but stopped when I realized that the longer I was on the plan the worse I felt. I have a problem with soy and their food is almost all completely soy. I went off plan and gained 10 pounds back but have stayed at this weight (285) since then.

The joyous part is that this current period is the return of my normal periods .. it sounds strange to be so excited but I've had no cramps and my flow is light and NORMAL for me. I'm so excited!

I don't know if it's the addition of the  flax capsules, which I added in about 3 weeks ago or if it's the oils in general that I've been taking since I started SLD, this is my second period while on SLD and the first normal one. It oculd just be that everything caught up or it could be the flax, that's the one I'm betting on personally.

I can't recall every being so happy about having my period but right now I'm thrilled.

And that's the end of the gross stuff ;)

ETA: My pants feel looser on my hips and are doing that sagging in the butt thing even though it's my TOM .. YAY!!!!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

taligator

« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2006, 11:14:20 AM »

This week I've been doing protein shakes with noseclips in the morning and I'm VERY pleased with how it's working. I do a scoop of protein powder, a couple ounces of milk, a couple of water, ice, a tbs of a dry mixture  (chia seeds, psyllium, wheat germ, flax, nutritional yeast), a handful of greens and 2tbs of coconut oil. I then drink it with my noseclips on along with 5 flax capsules.

Normally this mixutre (witout the oil, flax, noseclips) would only last me about 2 hours before I started feeling hungry. I feel comfortable that it's the combination of of the noseclips along with the oils that is making the difference.

I think this is a good week .. maybe it's the turning point for me.

CarolS

« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2006, 11:18:39 AM »

cool  :)

saggi girl

« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2006, 11:21:10 AM »

Tali, hooray for you!

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2006, 11:35:24 AM »

Yes, I'm finding it handy to have a little shake sometimes, too. A little protein powder, some fiber, some milk, put on the noseclip -- voilą -- instant, flavorless, balanced nutrition. Because I'm having a hard time eating enough to get all the nutrition I need.

Oh, boy, there's a sentence I never thought I'd type.
Running weight tally:

CarolS

« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2006, 11:45:20 AM »

So do you think you could substitue this for oil or sugar water completely?

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2006, 11:51:37 AM »

So do you think you could substitue this for oil or sugar water completely?

Hm. I suspect you probably could. Only, I'd miss my soft, supple elbow skin if I gave up the oil  :)
Running weight tally:

CarolS

« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2006, 12:19:36 PM »

Which brands of coconut oil are the least smelly?  I want to see if it gets rid of the morning wrinkley chest skin - and maybe the neck lines.  I won't drink it but will put it on my skin - and I don't want to be smelly all day.  Oh why do we have to get old  :(

taligator

« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2006, 04:02:22 PM »

If you are using refined coconute oil it won't have any smell at all. I use the LouAna brand from the super wal-mart. I think Spectrum also has a refined version but it's like 10 times more expensive and I'm cheap :)

You might try the flax capsules, my skin looks awesome lately as a result. :)

taligator

« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2006, 03:55:33 PM »

So I went to the Dr today and that wasn't fun - I've been having some chest pains these past two weeks and I just hoped they'd go away but the one last night was pretty bad. Basically I get sweaty and flushed, all my muscles start to feel really weak and I just have this empty feeling in my chest. That's normally what has happened (only 4 times before) and last night I was having a hard time breathing and talking so that was scary. It also took awhile to go away (instead of a couple minutes) and somewhat lingered all evening.

The Dr thought maybe I had some swelling in my upper ribs and it was causing the problem so he gave me an anti-inflammatory to take and see if that resolved the issue.  I hope that it resolves the issue but I'm a little concerned at his lack of concern.

We'll see what happens ..

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2006, 04:03:33 PM »

We'll see what happens ..

If the doctor isn't scared, you shouldn't be.

At least, that's the position I arrived at after the nurse called me with the results of my chest x-ray last summer ("there's a spot on your lung") a week before my regularly scheduled appointment. After which, I spent a week on death row. By the time I went in for the appointment, I had (literally) chosen the hospice I wanted to die in. Lovely place. Near Hastings.

The doctor rolled his eyes and said, "if I thought it was serious, do you think I'd have the nurse call?" (The "spot" is the size of a pencil point; an old piece of scar tissue).

When it's serious, they act all...serious.
Running weight tally:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18